• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

record with a video camera

xelasfx

Smash Rookie
is there a way to record a smash match on ur TV with a video camera??

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
If you record your matches externally you will -usually- end up with a black bar running across the T.V. screen. This has something to do with the framerate (I think, don't quote me on that) and is quite frusterating to watch. :(.

You COULD record the matches internally by taking the yellow/white/red cables of your gamecube and put them in the "IN" part on your T.V. and then plug in your camera's cables into the "OUT" part of your T.V. and record from there without the black bar dillema.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
If you record your matches externally you will -usually- end up with a black bar running across the T.V. screen. This has something to do with the framerate (I think, don't quote me on that) and is quite frusterating to watch. :(.

You COULD record the matches internally by taking the yellow/white/red cables of your gamecube and put them in the "IN" part on your T.V. and then plug in your camera's cables into the "OUT" part of your T.V. and record from there without the black bar dillema.
the black bar is due to the auto tracking in the camera.

every camera should have something like "steady shot" on it, something on the camera that makes it easier for humans to not look ********. to erase the black bar, just turn off steady shot (or whatever similar thing you have on your camera). tada!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Oh ****, are you serious? Hmm. I'll have to test that out.

Other than that, aren't there capture cards you can get for your camcorder?

ThePrime

Smash Lord
ya so how do you record using the camera internally? I dont see any 'output' labels on my tv anywhere, only input. I would rather record internaly rather than using just pointing the camera at the tv, for better quality (even if i were to get rid of that black strip).

L desu

Smash Rookie
Dark_Fire said:
You COULD record the matches internally by taking the yellow/white/red cables of your gamecube and put them in the "IN" part on your T.V. and then plug in your camera's cables into the "OUT" part of your T.V. and record from there without the black bar dillema
I tried that yesterday, but i donnow what to put in the camera to start the recording... And, also, the TV doesnt show the GC´s images...

Sandy

Smash Champion
I use a digital camera. any tips for me?
Video camera= Camcorder?

*waits to be flamed for asking n00b1sh question*

Ensee

Smash Ace
Can you PM me and further explain how to do this? I have a digital camera and would like to know how to record this way, because I'm not quite getting what you're saying. If you would please PM me about this it would really be appreciated.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Can you PM me and further explain how to do this? I have a digital camera and would like to know how to record this way, because I'm not quite getting what you're saying. If you would please PM me about this it would really be appreciated.
Maybe forward the PM to me since I have digital camera too.

Top Bottom