• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

recording SSBM

Minnty

Smash Cadet
Anyone have any brilliantly easy ideas for recording smash matches to my computer?

I used to run my gamecube through a VCR, and record it to a tape. Then I would move the VCR to my computer (I don't have a laptop) and play the VCR through my Pinnacle Moviebox, which is essentially identical to the Dazzle.

This was a major pain, I don't want to go through that again.

Looking to spend my christmas money on something that would make the whole process simple.

The best thing I could come up with so far is a DVD recorder, with a video component splitter.
But the thing that I was wondering about that is, can you record to the same DVD multiple times?

Thank you for you help.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, that sounds pretty complicated (both the method you were using and the method you're thinking of using). If you want to use the second method, you CAN record to the same DVD multiple times, you just can't finalize it if you want to do that with a DVD-R. I think you can unfinalize DVD-RWs, so if you want do that either don't finalize the DVD (which you shouldn't need to) or just use a DVD-RW.

I'm not entirely clear on your situation, though -- so you have something that's essentially a capture card, but you can't use it to record straight onto your computer from the GameCube?

Minnty

Smash Cadet
I could use it to capture straight to my computer, but my computer isn't by my T.V., and I don't want to play on my computer screen.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, that's what I thought, I just wanted to check.

If you don't want to play directly on your screen, the DVD recording is probably your best option, though I can't say for sure; I just play on my computer screen when I record from my capture card, even though I do have a laptop. (Although I think you can get a cable or A/V splitter or something to play on the TV and record through a capture card, I don't have it.)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No problem, feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
if your TV has two SCART inputs you can just plug in both the DVD recorder, and the cube. put the recorder on "record AV2" and lag won't be possible to be caused by the recorder.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
you have to finalize the DVDs in order for it to be on the DVD. becomes a waste of DVDs, order a easycap like i did. more info? pm me.

Top Bottom