• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery from under the stage

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Alright so here is my problem. Lately as I've been trying to recover, I keep getting stuck under stages such as Battlefield, Final Destination, and Smashville while doing my UpB. Sometimes when Im stuck under, Snake is just inches from making the curve of the stage to make it up but I just end up falling. Then I attempt to C4 recover, but the same thing, I'm just moments away from detonating (he even says Now!) but no explosion because I just died. (Happens every time)

So is there a way around this? Am I doing something wrong (besides not getting hit). Or am I just screwed every time this happens?

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
you need to time the drop off the c4 in the right rhythm. Its very easy to overcome with a little practice. Basically, you have to have fast reflexes, anticipating the ceiling jam before you touch it. Drop the c4 moments before snake's recovery animation finishes (I do it at the mid rise) and detonate a few frames after dropping, it should work. Also, once you're starting to practice this efficiently, watch out not to stick the C4 on the edges of the ceiling.
Try it and C4 yourself. he...he....he...I'll shut up now.

CouRt

Smash Cadet
yeah if i know that im gonna be stuck under the map i start to c4 myself instantly haha.
lately i've been planting c4 on the edges of the maps so it could blow me up and i could just up b myself again.

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
If you want to C4 recover much easier, try b-sticking. All you need to do is tap the c-stick down twice and viola, you did it (assuming you actually set c-stick to b).

Top Bottom