• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List - Currently: Up-B Recoveries

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
There are other reasons you might need to use your double jump before the cyclone.
Read the quote I was responding to; he was referring to how button mashing for the tornado becomes easier when you jump and use it.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Read the quote I was responding to; he was referring to how button mashing for the tornado becomes easier when you jump and use it.
I know what he said. My point was that just because he acknowledged this aspect of the move doesn't mean that he's double-jumping solely to GET it.

You assumption was that the only reason he'd double jump before the tornado would be to make it easier to mash, when there are other valid reasons for doing so.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
You assumption was that the only reason he'd double jump before the tornado would be to make it easier to mash, when there are other valid reasons for doing so.
Considering he said "Becomes easier after a jump", I'd say that's a pretty fair assumption.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I agree. It's NOT a fair assumption to make. He made an observation and you speculated about his motivation for listing it.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I agree. It's NOT a fair assumption to make. He made an observation and you speculated about his motivation for listing it.
I commented based on what he said. In any case, there's no need to list the use of a DJ before the tornado as a pro.

sasook

Smash Champion
Don't feel like reading all 20 pages.....

I'd say ZSS has one of the best overall recoveries. Anyone who says "LOLNO, EDGEHOG N00B" has never played a good one.

sasook

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, but DI + uair momentum cancel + upb boost jump + downb flip jump (which CAN footstool off items, and opponents - that means edgehogging opponents too) + sideb tether or upb tether which are pretty long and quick = a really good recovery for someone who can't fly.

B!squick

Smash Master

I'd say ZSS has one of the best overall recoveries. Anyone who says "LOLNO, EDGEHOG N00B" has never played a good one.
Well, you clearly didn't read the first post either. I recommend you, ya know, do that before posting, so you at least seem like less of a noob.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Well, you clearly didn't read the first post either. I recommend you, ya know, do that before posting, so you at least seem like less of a noob.
The first post? The first post only talks about her up-b recovery, by itself. He's talking about her over-all recovery, which we haven't talked about yet. I think he was just commenting with his opinion on that. I honestly agree that Zamus can be difficult, or even dangerous to edge hog. Once she's used her second jump and is bellow the stage, yes; she is very easily edge hogged, exception if she's right bellow the edge. But that's very rare. Good ZSS players use the side-b tether long before they go that low, and even if that fails, the flip does wonders. Over all recovery, I personally think Zamus whill be either SS or A rank.

Kuro soshi13

Smash Rookie
so, ive only read the first few pages of the thread, so forgive me if this has been brought up b4, but why is Ivysaur not on the Up-b or Tether recovery list?

gm jack

Smash Lord
so, ive only read the first few pages of the thread, so forgive me if this has been brought up b4, but why is Ivysaur not on the Up-b or Tether recovery list?
Nobody as made a good list of the pros and cons of it and given it a good guess of the ranking so it can be discussed. Several characters are missing.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Look closely. It says Z-air tether recovery rankings. Ivy's tether is up-b. I was confused about the same thing for ZSS, but then I rad closer and realized it.

hough123

Smash Ace

I'd say the same thing for Lucario. His recovery isn't the best, but C'MON! He's being compared to Yoshi and Olimar! Lucario is at least at Ness's level.

A good Lucario is almost never gimped, while even good Olimar, Yoshi, and Ike players are gimped commonly enough to make it a part of thier opponent's srategy.

This post will be ignored though, only Lucario players understand :(

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Why is Ganondorf so high up there? His recovery isn't that good, and definitely not better than Captain Falcons.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Why is Ganondorf so high up there? His recovery isn't that good, and definitely not better than Captain Falcons.
Ranks haven't been organized, people are just thrown into a rank right now.

TBH I don't feel like updating this anymore. If someone wants to they can take over the thread.

I just stopped caring, it's not important to be honest...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I actually liked the idea of this thread. I'm just fine with updating it, if you can give me control of it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd seriously like to save space and just have control over this one. Any tactical mod can just make me have the OP.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just get the verdict of whatever closes this.

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
why not make simply a recovery tier list in general as opposed to separating every recovery option?...it makes more sense

Beta Knight

Smash Cadet
Very informative tier list, though really the only one that matters is overall best recovery.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
On glide recoveries:
Third:
Peach
I consider her "float" a "glide", to avoid giving her a "best" rank on a "float list". Pro's: Can stay still+move backwards. Con's: Cannot move up or down, cannot alter how long it lasts.
Another pro is that she can attack while floating towards the stage (Dair) to prevent incoming attacks that have less priority.

It says Charizard's glide is Third as well. Typo or is it even with Peach's?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Following on from what Dekuu just said, the fact that Peach can perform any aerial while floating is a big plus, sicne she has five options while lfoating, whereas the gliders only have the one, making Peach harder to predict.

Edit: Actually, make that eight options, since Peach can do any special move except turnips.

Levitas

the moon
If you feel like it, slap lucas's up b on there somewhere around ICs. I'd say above, but really it could go either way.

Top Bottom