• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red Deer Smash Tourney - July 31 party july 30

ppig

Smash Journeyman
Zach and Connor present

The Tournament will begin on July 31th, at 11:00 AM party on july 30.

This will be a one day event featuring a only melee tournoment schedual will be decided shortly. We will also be haveing a house party the night before but be warned thier will be drinking. We have room for some people to stay If however we run out of room the back yard is large and has plenty of room for your tent.
this is completely optional and if you are interested let me know ahead of time but be advised that this is zach house and if you are not respecting his things and his rules i will personal let you know (aka you dont want that) but if everything goes as planned
this should be a very rockin event.​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b35wqFecVc

thanks to imagination for these spiffy rules

Admission fees & Pot Division

* Singles [1v1]
Admission fee: $5.00
Pot Division: 60/40/
* Doubles [2v2]
Admission fee: $5.00 per person [$10.00 total per team]
Pot Division: 60/40/
* marvel vs capcom 2 tourney $3.00
Pot Division winner takes all!!!

Rules
A General Rule: Any outbursts of anger or rage (ie. Throwing your controller or striking it violently) will result in forfeit of the match due to unsportsmanlike like conduct.

* Singles / Doubles Rules
-4 stock
-8 minutes
-Best 2/3 matches,
-Semi Finals of both brackets will be best 3/5.
-Finals will be best 3/5 match.
-Double elimination
-Items will be off
* Stage Rules
-At the beginning of the set each player will be given the chance to strike a stage, each stage selected will not be played in the set
- The first match of a set's stage will be selected randomly, the Loser then announces the next stage he/she will select, then winner will have the choice of a character change, followed by the loser change selecting their character
-The random stages include: Pokémon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Kirby64.
-The banned stages include: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Kongo Jungle, Mushroom Kingdom I, Green Greens, Princess Peach's Castle, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom II, and Yoshi's Island
-Counter picks will include:, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Corneria, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Pokémon Stadium, Mute City, Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Congo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise,Poké Floats, Final Destination.
-In 2v2 Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned
-Double Blind pick may be called at any time
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned.
-Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer and in certain cases, you may be disqualified.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-Infinite grabs [Wobbling] with Ice Climbers is an automatic forfeit of the match.
-Rowdy behavior will not be tolerated, and people with such an attitude will be disqualified and will be kicked out of the tournament.
Showing enthusiasm for the game is not being rowdy*
-Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jigg's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
-BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

-As always we will need people to help bring in TV's, Gamecubes, Discs, Memory cards, and maybe even VCR's (with AV cords of course.) =:3, and again don't forget to bring a controller.

* Crew Battle Rules
-Each team is given 20 stocks to divide evenly [some-what] between the players.
-The winner of each match will keep his / her remaining stocks and bring it to the next match, damage % does not carry over.
-The winner of the previous match must self destruct until he / she is at the amount of remaining stocks from the match prior to the current one. After the stocks are set right, both players must go into starting positions and wait for someone standing nearby to say go for them, then the match starts.
-Characters played by each team member must be determined prior to starting the crew battle, they may not change. They also do not have to be told to the other team prior to being put into play.
-Stages are the same as in 1v1, there are no counter picks.
-The first match will have team members played as double blind picks [both teams secretly pick which team mate they will put into play first (usually determined by the teams captain)]
-All tactics banned in 1v1 are also banned in crew battles.
-All general 1v1 rules apply
-When one team is out of stocks the other team has won.
-Once a person is in play they do not stop playing until either the crew battle is over, or they run out of stocks [THIS ISN'T POKEMON GUYS, NO BATON PASSING]

Here is a quick little demo to show you how a crew battle works:

Quote:
3 person crew battle:

Team 1:
Player A: 4 stocks - Pikachu
Player B: 4 stocks - Sheik
Player C: 4 stocks - Donkey Kong

Team 2:
Player X: 4 stocks - Marth
Player Y: 4 stocks - Roy
Player Z: 4 stocks - Peach

Team 1: 12 stocks, Team 2: 12 stocks

Match #1: Team 1 is picks player B (4 stocks), Team 2 Picks player X (4 stocks)
Player B wins by 2 stocks

Team 1: 10 stocks, Team 2: 8 stocks

Match #2: Team 1 is still using player B (2 stocks), Team 2 Picks player Z (4 stocks)
Player Z wins by 4 stocks

Team 1: 8 stocks, Team 2: 8 stocks

Match #3: Team 1 picks player A (4 stocks), Team 2 is still using Player Z (4 stocks)
Player A wins by 3 stocks

Team 1: 7 stocks, Team 2: 4 stocks

Match #4: Team 1 is still using Player A (3 stocks), Team 2 picks player Y (4 Stocks)
Player Y wins by 2 stock

Team 1: 4 stocks, Team 2: 2 stocks

Match #5: Team 1 picks Player C (4 stocks), Team 2 is still using Player Y (2 stocks)
Player Y wins by 1 stock

Team 1: 0 stocks, Team 2: 1 stock
Team 2 wins! (Roy is top tier, lol)

Schedule
july 31 at 11:00am till we finish
party july 30

here is the link to the location very easy to find
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&cl...i=lWA2TMb9LcyNnQfEk7H2Aw&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA&z=16

if u have any question when you come to reddeer and cannot find call my cell at 1-403-506-9665

planning to attend

ppig
kookamunga
main
ringmaster
kithkin
coady
lane
sleak
scott
sid
imagination
M
relentless crow
victar calgary
ph
jason
zach
carl

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
iunno im kinda more used too it, and i think everyone else is to
Do you edmontonians play with pound 4 rules?

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
you don't need to credit me or anything for the rules i just saw it and lol'd do whatever you want with them

Dr. Ike

Smash Cadet
Guys this is the ruleset alberta has ALWAYS used.

Also pound 4 is for suckers, you don't even follow that ruleset at your house paul lol.

Anyways, I'm in I'll book it off tomorrow. Can I reserve a bed/matress/whatever you're supplying inside. even if it's just a floor, I just want first dibs on that floor.

also, lol crew battle rules

edit: Credit me for rules

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
llol we just play a bunch of friendlies at my house, but when we did that doubles tourney thing i was doing pound 4 rules .
yo brad man your gonna love pound 4 rules :D striking is totally fun

Dr. Ike

Smash Cadet
I run the tournaments at your house lol. That being said I just go with "if they agree to it" I mean I have played Hyrule temple more times than I can count in tournament.

Also Paul, I have played it before, many more times than I'd like to have

ppig

Smash Journeyman
well we dont have a set date yet waiting on victar to make a poll to see what day everyone would most availible

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
If I can know at least a week in advance what the actual date will be, I will be there.

So yeah, I'm pretty much confirmed

EDIT: Wait, Victor + responsibility?

Not confirmed yet

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
wait there's a house party?

I'm in. dibs a spot to crash.

edit: when is it? I nee to book it off.

ppig

Smash Journeyman
well i wanted a poll just to see what works best but **** it the date will be july 30 at lets say will start at 11.00am and will basically go till were done lol

Top Bottom