• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red Shell Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo0ndock

Smash Cadet
well i dont know if anyone knows this or have done this,

but i found out if you be fox or falco and shine the red shell and let it keep hitting you, the red shell builds up damage so if someone gets hit by it, they get stuned and like 100%.

it will also burst your shield in one hit while your holding shine

:samus:

Eaode

Smash Champion
We were messing around b/c we had no memory card and kept forgetting to put items off. My friend did this everytime a red shell came up.

"RUN AWAY!!"

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Is that why that happens... i used to think something was wrong when a red shell would hit me for like 70% lmao thanks man thats very helpful

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I think it happens with every thing the reflector reflect. Like the beams. Correct me if i'm wrong

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Reflecting a red shell with the shine doubles its damage every time you do it. I'm not sure why that happens, but it does. Ether way, in multiplayer matches it's fun to do with people who don't know about it. Reflect the shell against your shine 4 times (5 will break it), then jump onto a platform. Try and get someone hit by the shell, they'll be like "wtf!?" when the shell brings them from 10% to 120% in one hit, sometimes KOing them if their floaty.

From what I know, red shells are the only items this works on, though I might be wrong. Thats pretty easy to test though, so I'll do it later.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
It works on every projectile/thing you can throw.
Each time something like that is caped/Shined it doubles in damage that it gives, but if it touches the ground then you'll lose the extra damage it was going to give.

So for example take a Pill of Doc and cape it three times (I don't know if it's possible) and then if it hits someone without touching the ground it'll do 8 x 2 x 2 x 2 damage, but if it touces the ground before it hits someone, it'll do the regular 8 damage. It seems that the redd shell "floats" over the ground without touching it, or something =)

poopsmellslikecrap

Smash Cadet
i found the red shell thing one day because i was trying to freeze my gamecube and wanted to see if that would make it lag lol. I think it worked with green too but i could be wrong, ill have to go test it
PS someone should try and cape a stichface 3 times 34x2x2x2...ouch

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Fun times. I do this alot when my crew messing around with items.

Psi

Smash Cadet
Another similiar trick is using mewtwo to reflect it. If you use his side by to reflect the shell 5 times and on the sixth have another character jump into the reflect hitbox as Mewtwo reflects the shell. The other character will be stuck to Mewtwo similar to the Ice climber's freeze glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom