• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REED's combo video

_myth_

Smash Cadet
not bad, i liked it. not the greatest oppnonents ever (DI anyone?) but still nice transitions and music, bravo!

Zgetto

Smash Ace
nice vid :)
i never heard of this guy but he looked pretty good.
he did some nice things especially with roy.
nicely found :)

Bloody_Falcon

Smash Journeyman
I regret watching this. No joke. You guys have decent technicaly skill but your di is bad and you and your friends play a little stupid. An example of you friends horrible di is when you up aired him with marth about 7 times. If he di'd and jumped and use his brains a little to attempt you upair with either an air dodge or sumthing that combo would have never happened. I loved you Roy combos though since your opponent couldn't di you performed cool looking combos that arent possible to do against an average player.
But then again i can tell your just starting and overral your catching on really quickly.
Just work on the following:
DI- its a must so you can avoid combos and survive for longer. Usually best way to di while being comboed is either up or down. You can also mix in right or left. Theres a section somewere in the forums on di that will help your game alot.
Smart PLay/Mindgames: this is harder to develop then technical skill, try grabing more often using empty jumps wave landing and so on be creative.
Lastly attend Tourneies: It will get you better quickly and you'll learn lots of new stuff.
HOPE THIS HELPS :)

Fletch

Smash Master
... this might seem like a stupid question, but how the hell did you kill Jiggs with Roy's Up+B at that percent? Sorry, I've never really played Roy or played against any serious Roy's either, don't really know anything about him, and I thought his Up+B sucks.

justice

Smash Ace
Wow. Hate.
QFT

I think the same here.
I regret watching this. No joke. You guys have decent technicaly skill but your di is bad and you and your friends play a little stupid. An example of you friends horrible di is when you up aired him with marth about 7 times. If he di'd and jumped and use his brains a little to attempt you upair with either an air dodge or sumthing that combo would have never happened. I loved you Roy combos though since your opponent couldn't di you performed cool looking combos that arent possible to do against an average player.
But then again i can tell your just starting and overral your catching on really quickly.
Just work on the following:
DI- its a must so you can avoid combos and survive for longer. Usually best way to di while being comboed is either up or down. You can also mix in right or left. Theres a section somewere in the forums on di that will help your game alot.
Smart PLay/Mindgames: this is harder to develop then technical skill, try grabing more often using empty jumps wave landing and so on be creative.
Lastly attend Tourneies: It will get you better quickly and you'll learn lots of new stuff.
HOPE THIS HELPS :)

Doesn't the same go for many other combo videos, where they take advantage of what opponents don't know.

Umm, so things I found wrong with your comments.

-You can't air dodge after getting hit.
-Also he could of used his jump earlier, so that means no escape.
-The guy who did this video is not here either. The first post said I found a video.

Lastly you don't know what level he could be on. Like Shadow Claw the combo video he took advantage of all his opponents Di and technical skills. The same could apply here.

metroid1117

Smash Master
... this might seem like a stupid question, but how the hell did you kill Jiggs with Roy's Up+B at that percent? Sorry, I've never really played Roy or played against any serious Roy's either, don't really know anything about him, and I thought his Up+B sucks.
Roy's Blazer (up+B) automatically throws you upward but normally the fire hits will make you stay down. However, when you do the Reverse Blazer, all you do is hit them with the upward part and not the fire part, so it just sends them straight up. It's probably the best Jigglypuff KO move because she's so floaty.

Anyway, this pretty much sums up the video: good player, bad opponents.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Hey guys, a combo video is for ENTERTAINMENT.

DI, no DI, blah blah blah.
The opponents are really good, get videos about 1233 and Aphelion.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
yeah seriously if his opponents had DIed good from those combos then the clips weren't in the video. no one DIs everything perfectly, so when they do mess up they get comboed and the combos go into the vid

Samochan

Smash Master
For once, there's a very entertaining and good combo video with some innovative comboes on it, and everyone attacks it with with saying there's no DI. >_>; Comboes that are made are result of opponents mistakes, aka bad DI or bad decisions made during gameplay. Only few characters have inescapable comboes that can be done, even when your opponents does DI good, but those are not any better than these so called bad DI comboes. And these don't even have that bad DI, I've seen a lot worse. He was being very creative with his comboes and good opportunist and creative one is a dangerous opponent. Btw, those players he's up against are very, very good. I know this from a fact. 1233 rivals the best ganondorf players in america and Aphelion is just sick. So don't start pointing fingers when you know nothing about them. :/

Edit: Example, Taj comboes forward 0-90% death combo with Mewtwo = Forward is bad player? (real combo from their vids) Yea, I really didn't think so either. :/

Dorf1233

Smash Journeyman
this vid is the reed part of the "crew combo vid" RANDOM VIOLENCE
Ultra Violence Crew
wii will up the vids in SWF soon

THE PAIN

Smash Journeyman
very nice vid man. that roy was very impressive. best roy i have seen tech wise.

Top Bottom