• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reflector kicked completely upwards

mazhaoshen

Smash Cadet
I was messing around with a level 9 cpu when somehow I kicked my reflector completely upwards (perpendicular to the ground). I have absolutely no idea how I did it, and I'm just wondering if this was already discovered. If not, tell me and I can put up a video.

mazhaoshen

Smash Cadet
I'll see if I can have the video uploaded by tonight. Just a warning, it'll be bad quality since I'm recording it with a camera off the screen.

mazhaoshen

Smash Cadet
erm, actually, apologies to everyone. upon reviewing the replay several times I realized that what actually happened was that I kicked the reflector off-screen and a food item appeared over my head at that exact moment, so seeing that flash of movement made me assume it was the reflector.

Haha, yeah I'm an idiot = /

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I bet a few people went to go try it, failed, and came back here only to discover it wasn't possible.

xsonicx_13

Smash Cadet
Haha. I bet a few people went to go try it, failed, and came back here only to discover it wasn't possible.
that reminds me of my friend he sees me do somthing in ssbb and then he goes home and fails at it:laugh: also im going to tell him about this and he's going to fail :laugh:

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
DAM DAM DAM DAM DAMMIT!

You have no idea how excited I was when I read the thread sentence. This is the type of shiz I've been trying to find.

Oh well. Maybe next time :D

Bah, wouldn't be that useful anyways >_>
Great for people coming from above with high priority aerials?

PCHU

Smash Lord
I knew something was suspicious about it....
I mean, it's obvious you can't do it...
But I really wonder if you could AR to where it goes like really far...
That would be awesome...
Like, from one side of New Pork City to the other...
Considering the SHINE CAN GO THROUGH WALLS (useful), I think it would be an awesome video.

The H Kid

Original
Actually, get Snake on a rolling crate and grab Falco in the air then put him asleep over the edge of the rolling crate then immediately do reflector.

Do it. I dare you.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah I knew those videos were rickrolls but I don't know why I click them anyway. :(

Yanki

Smash Cadet
That is just a lie.......
Now i c the kids of 5 years can post too :p

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
J4pu, thank you for having faith that the link wasn't to another Rick Roll. That falco is now being discussed on the greatest falco thread.

On another note, a friend and I discovered yesterday that Sonic hits falco when the reflector is all the way out, when he uses his Usmash (Sonic). It is as though falco's reflector becomes part of his hitbox. Fortunately, no one uses Sonic.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
J4pu, thank you for having faith that the link wasn't to another Rick Roll. That falco is now being discussed on the greatest falco thread.

On another note, a friend and I discovered yesterday that Sonic hits falco when the reflector is all the way out, when he uses his Usmash (Sonic). It is as though falco's reflector becomes part of his hitbox. Fortunately, no one uses Sonic.
Really?

That is something I should look into next time I can brawl (exams atm :/)

null55

Smash Master
I'm really glad SK92 beat DSF's Meta Knight. It makes Falco look like a near counter to MKs, along with Diddy apparently. R.O.B. is close as well.

Top Bottom