• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reflex's Pokemon Trainer beat M2K's Meta Knight in a Tournament Match at HERB

Toby.

Smash Master
The odds of M2K actually allowing his matches to be recorded are extremely slim, unfortunately. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though! It would be nice if reflex gave us a little insight into how he handles MK.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm not trying to discredit the fact that he took a game off of m2k but a lot of the time good players will sandbag the first game just to get a read on their opponent or some other reason

i know here in socal "getting close" to beating DSF isn't anything (i mean hell i took a game off of him once), and we always laugh at people that say "man i was SO CLOSE to beating DSF!" because the fact of the matter is EVERYONE gets "so close" to beating him. it's just how he plays.

other than that, congrats lol

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
People dont sandbag in tournament matches. What the hell would be the point of losing a tournament round just to get a "read" on your opponent. Its just a way for good players to cover up them selves sucking some times.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, I played him after losing in Winner's Semifinals to him, and I didn't notice any significant difference in his play(when it happened).

Squirtle did better than Wario was doing. His hit-and-run was incredibly effective every single time I used PT. I was going a little better than even when I had Squirtle out. If you can hit in-between his moves (especially when MK is offstage; so much damage was done in the air when he was coming back) and play a good jab game, you can keep up with him.

Ivysaur hardly did anything. No good way to land moves on him is really troublesome.

Charizard struggled, but didn't go without a fight. At least he can attempt to outspace Meta Knight, and has stuff that can beat Mach Tornado (even though that move still ate Ivysaur/Charizard alive). Still, if I could use only Squirtle against his Meta Knight, I would do it in a heartbeat.

And, all my matches were relatively close with him. *shrugs*

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Well, I played him after losing in Winner's Semifinals to him, and I didn't notice any significant difference in his play(when it happened).

Squirtle did better than Wario was doing. His hit-and-run was incredibly effective every single time I used PT. I was going a little better than even when I had Squirtle out. If you can hit in-between his moves (especially when MK is offstage; so much damage was done in the air when he was coming back) and play a good jab game, you can keep up with him.

Ivysaur hardly did anything. No good way to land moves on him is really troublesome.

Charizard struggled, but didn't go without a fight. At least he can attempt to outspace Meta Knight, and has stuff that can beat Mach Tornado (even though that move still ate Ivysaur/Charizard alive). Still, if I could use only Squirtle against his Meta Knight, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I feel the same way about everything when I verse my friend's MK with PT hehe.

Cia

das kwl
m2k does not sandbag. he enjoys ****** and humiliating people. if the matches were close, it's more than likely because reflex was doing a **** good job.. so..

niceee

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I believe it, reflex is amazing, I myself have moved on to brawl+ where dreams are fulfilled and frustration are not present.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i easily believe this.

i've noticed that, in my personal experience, squirtle has been doing better against MKs than charizard has.

also why would M2K sandbag in winner's finals or whatever

reflex is good. believe it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Reflex is **** good. He got 2nd at that tournament and some big names were there like Azen, Chu, and Chillin.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
By the way, I just noticed--

Underneath the Character Rankings List, they have a list with no details that was updated after my two tournament placings last weekend. Apparently, my two tournaments put PT at the very top of C Tier.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I don't doubt that it happened. Reflex is probably the best P.Trainer here.

The only question I have is, What Pokemon did he use for the majority of the match and what play style did he use to beat M2K.

Good job Reflex ^_^

:034:

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord

Just the usual, Squirtle ****** people :p

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
Reflex did you win the 1st match or the 2nd match? And what stage was it on?

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Pretty amazing that Reflex not only defeated the best character in the game. Not to mention the BEST Metaknight player in the country

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Reflex is our god. So is IRL Any thing he does we follow as diciples to him. Try getting M2k over here to comment or post. lol

CO18

Smash Hero
Reflex's squirtle too good!!

D3 Eats ivysaur and charizard though but squirtle is mad tough

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
yeah that was my best fight against Hungrybox, even though I lost. but definitely got a lot better from watching reflex and can't wait for the next tourney. gotta represent if him and kith aren't there :)

Top Bottom