• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Relive the hype of the smash invitational! (character thoughts)

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
I think the game looks faster then brawl, but still plays like brawl, I like brawl even though melee is my favorite, but I wish the game played more like melee. I've heard people say that they are already disappointed with this game, but I never want to best buy or e3. I do think that people who already are disappointed though should wait until the game comes out and then form an opinion. Who knows, maybe something even cooler than wavedashing will be in this game. Still, even though it plays somewhat like brawl, I'm still
SO HYPED FOR THIS GAME

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
People like assuming the worst all the time. Either that, or they like to call things before everyone else.

We all know Melee and Brawl were garbage fighting games in their early years because of the lack of movement options, once we found ways to move faster, that's when the apex of the games fame became to be so.

Smash Bros. most competitive aspects comes from its exploits, not its intended gameplay. We can prove this with how well PM has grown in popularity. It brings techs from Melee and Brawl alike into one game leaving it in a growing communities hands.

I'm willing to bet this game will have its very own set of exploits that players can use to make the game faster. Who knows, we might get something crazy.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
We are probably not getting a melee style game again. If you love that play that game, it is available for those fans. If you want the same kind of game, but with a different feel play smash for wii u. I dont know why people are so disappointed. It was an old build of a demo and its smash it will be fun weather its floaty or fast paced.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Even Sakurai say that melee is best smash bros of the series he never like too much how the game works. Since that moment I just knew the game is gonna be more like brawl 2.0 but, nope is BRAWL 5.0!!! Is faster than brawl but not faster than melee that I'm ok with it. The air dodge still do the same but somehow brings more penalty is you do it more. The revolutionary edge guarding system that I can't even express or even say, the changes are really really good. Character balanced. New really cool looking assist trophy and Pokemon. Amazing variety of items!!! (blue shells OP). Better Final Smash (Even Donkey Kong Final Smash still the same but better. The stage are very deep! The game Talk to himself that is awesome.

I think the Die Hard Melee fans are gonna be disappointed...

Top Bottom