• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaining Characters Unlockable Through Wii U Transfer

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
This probably means nothing but there is no Ridley trophy in smash 4 yet... just throwing that out there.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
This probably means nothing but there is no Ridley trophy in smash 4 yet... just throwing that out there.
The fact that a character has a trophy has nothing to do with the character possibly being DLC or not, but yeah, it's VERY suspicious that Ridley doesn't have a trophy.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
The fact that a character has a trophy has nothing to do with the character possibly being DLC or not, but yeah, it's VERY suspicious that Ridley doesn't have a trophy.
And we know for a fact that he has a role in the game. Very suspicious indeed

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Very true. But, until every trophy has been collected (what was it, like 650+ trophies or something like that?), then we won't know for sure. Still suspicious though. Hope for Rids.
Even more so, Sakurai has said nothing about that since the April Direct...
Either way, the discovery of the "arrow" icons in the game's code bodes well for this thread.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
He has a role in the Wii U version (assuming he's a boss on Pyrosphere), so maybe that's it?

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
He has a role in the Wii U version (assuming he's a boss on Pyrosphere), so maybe that's it?
Yeah but why would he not have a trophy in the 3ds version? If he's not a character like in Melee or a boss like in Brawl Ridley should have a trophy in this game, not to mention he is the most important character in the Metroid franchise besides Samus herself.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the arrow icons will be use for anything. It just might have been extra deta that they were planing to use but then taken out the final version. I still think there will be DLC that 1GB of date will be used for something. But I don't think we will ever need a 2nd page of characters. If anything that extra date might be for amiibo, stages, custom moves and stats on characters, and 4 more hidden characters.

Don't forget the 3ds version also haves left over date for 8 player co-op but that wasn't in the final version.

There also might be a expansion dlc with because the lack of a Ridley trophy really makes me think he will be playable but let's w8 and see.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Yeah but why would he not have a trophy in the 3ds version? If he's not a character like in Melee or a boss like in Brawl Ridley should have a trophy in this game, not to mention he is the most important character in the Metroid franchise besides Samus herself.
This. Regardless of his role in the game, Ridley is by far the second most relevant character in Metroid, so he should have a trophy.
Very true. But, until every trophy has been collected (what was it, like 650+ trophies or something like that?), then we won't know for sure. Still suspicious though. Hope for Rids.
Gema_yue, the one that streamed the game a couple days before its release, apparently has gotten all 685 of them and Ridley isn't there. Nor is Isaac. VERY suspicious.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
I messed up a bit...
So, at the time of my previous post, I was unaware of some of the information revealed in another thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...-and-bandana-dee-trophies-not-present.368798/

Apparently, there is no Ridley trophy texture. Especially odd if there are any trophies referencing Fusion or Zero Mission, especially since both had him in some form...
Edit: Also, no Isaac trophy texture...
Gema_yue, the one that streamed the game a couple days before its release, apparently has gotten all 685 of them and Ridley isn't there. Nor is Isaac. VERY suspicious.
Huh didn't know that either. Certainly confirms the lack of trophy textures in the data...

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I still think the remaining four are these guys only because they have move sets completed and our loved by fans :')
:lucas::popo::wolf::mewtwopm:
IC don't work on the 3ds version and both games will have the same roster.

Fox haves some of wolf's moves as custom moves.

And for mewtwo well other then the trophy. But I don't think he will be in the game.
I can be wrong about mewtwo.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
That's a whack way of doing it.

What if someone only has a 3DS and is too broke to buy a Wii U or vice versa?

It's gonna be DLC since it makes more sense

Last edited:

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Maybe not Lucas because Ness inherited Lucas's specials in his custom moves. :urg:
Yeah, just like how Marth was disconfirmed because Lucina has his special moves. ;)

Seriously, though, I don't get this. If anything, I think it would be easier to add semi-clones since they already have an existing pool of custom specials. Marth and Lucina sharing custom specials already showed this is a possibility.

I'm not sure about this Wii U link thing. Personally, I think the most likely DLC is additional costumes, but the extra space on the CSS is pretty suspect ...

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, just like how Marth was disconfirmed because Lucina has his special moves. ;)
HELLO!? Marth was confirmed like 8 months before Lucina was, and in the pic of a day the big man himself said Lucina was planed to be a alt skin for marth.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The roster is completely fine as it is, the way I see it. If there's anything the Wii U Transfer should be used for, it'll be only for character customization between the two versions.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Sarcasm. I thought if the absurdity of the statement didn't show that, then the winky face would. I guess I should have used sarcasm tags for good measure. ;)

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I still think the remaining four are these guys only because they have move sets completed and our loved by fans :')
:lucas::popo::wolf::mewtwopm:
Ice Climbers are disconfirmed because they dont work on the 3DS and both versions will have the same roster.

Lucas and Wolf have their special moves as custom moves for Ness and Fox, even though their normals are COMPLETELY different from Ness and Fox.

The only possible character in your list is Mewtwo, since he is not a Pokeball pokemon and since Sakurai did mention how he wanted to use Mega Mewtwo Y when Mega Evolutions were first revealed (before the release of Pokemon X and Y).

The roster is completely fine as it is, the way I see it. If there's anything the Wii U Transfer should be used for, it'll be only for character customization between the two versions.
Yet the mysticism about Ridley's status is still present and there is an extra 1GB of unused data left in the game's storage when the entire game is 1.1GB

I am not saying that the roster is bad. Yes, there were some questionable decisions regarding the roster (the most obvious being Dark Pit as his own character when Alph was made an Olimar alt) but overall the roster itself is fine. What the true question is that why is there extra data big enough to match the size of the ENTIRE game???

Last edited:

dragonologist

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0920-1138-8009
I could see them giving the DLC characters free to people who bought both versions, as a reward/incentive for picking up both copies. Then a few weeks later releasing those characters as a DLC update for a small fee, probably around the same price of the MK8 DLC.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
This highly likely, due to other figures from the Wii U being absent in the trophy section. Personally, making the main antagonist of the Metroid series a trophy on one copy of the game seems.... bleh, but it's entirely possible.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Here's my thoughts on why Ridley doesn't have a trophy. Perhaps his appearance in Super Smash Bros 4 is a blend of both the Super Metroid Ridley and the Other M Ridley; thus, a new model would be needed. Now, if Sakurai wanted to keep Ridley a secret, why show off a brand new model for Ridley as a trophy? It'd be a dead giveaway that this model would be the player Ridley model. That's what I think of the missing Ridley Trophy.

By the way: 9 potential characters as DLC for that 1 GB? That'd be cool; we might see the return of Wolf. Then again, in another thread, it could potentially be swap space to store Miiverse and the Internet Browser on the 3DS while Smash is running.

Who knows.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Here's my thoughts on why Ridley doesn't have a trophy. Perhaps his appearance in Super Smash Bros 4 is a blend of both the Super Metroid Ridley and the Other M Ridley; thus, a new model would be needed. Now, if Sakurai wanted to keep Ridley a secret, why show off a brand new model for Ridley as a trophy? It'd be a dead giveaway that this model would be the player Ridley model. That's what I think of the missing Ridley Trophy.

By the way: 9 potential characters as DLC for that 1 GB? That'd be cool; we might see the return of Wolf. Then again, in another thread, it could potentially be swap space to store Miiverse and the Internet Browser on the 3DS while Smash is running.

Who knows.
The Ridley theory kinda makes sense, but he could have added a "Super Metroid Ridley" trophy or "Other M Ridley" trophy instead of using the new model.

Also, where does that 9 characters as DLC come from?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Ice Climbers are disconfirmed because they dont work on the 3DS and both versions will have the same roster.

Lucas and Wolf have their special moves as custom moves for Ness and Fox, even though their normals are COMPLETELY different from Ness and Fox.

The only possible character in your list is Mewtwo, since he is not a Pokeball pokemon and since Sakurai did mention how he wanted to use Mega Mewtwo Y when Mega Evolutions were first revealed (before the release of Pokemon X and Y).

Yet the mysticism about Ridley's status is still present and there is an extra 1GB of unused data left in the game's storage when the entire game is 1.1GB

I am not saying that the roster is bad. Yes, there were some questionable decisions regarding the roster (the most obvious being Dark Pit as his own character when Alph was made an Olimar alt) but overall the roster itself is fine. What the true question is that why is there extra data big enough to match the size of the ENTIRE game???
The fact we have clones puts that theory to rest. Luigi has a Mario fire ball, Falco has had Fox's move for 3 games Lucas and Wolf can easily keep their moves and be just as good as they were in Brawl Much better than this abomination ---->:4darkpit:

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The Ridley theory kinda makes sense, but he could have added a "Super Metroid Ridley" trophy or "Other M Ridley" trophy instead of using the new model.

Also, where does that 9 characters as DLC come from?
It's on a post a page back that I made. I'll just copy/paste it here.
OK, I think I've deciphered something. Or maybe I've discovered absolutely nothing, but here goes. The names of the arrows are "chr_10_page_1.tex" and "chr_10_page_2.tex." I'm assuming that "chr_"stands for "character, "10" is for the CSS Icon ID number, "_page_2" and "_page_1" are the page numbers, and ".tex" is for "texture." This would mean that this is the texture for the tenth CSS icon on the first page. So, what I think this means is this. On the CSS, there are 9 characters per row, save for the last two. Now, because these arrows would be appear to be coded as CSS icon textures, it can be assumed that all character icon textures are named similarly. For example, Mario's CSS Icon texture could be "chr_01_page_1.tex" from a logical standpoint, seeing as I think, if I remember correctly, "01" was his character ID number in the previous games, and he is on page 1. That would mean that "chr_10_page_1.tex" is the texture for the tenth CSS Icon on the 1st page. That would mean that "chr_10_page_2.tex" would be the texture for the tenth CSS Icon on the second page. The TENTH. That could mean we could be getting at least 9 DLC/Connection characters. I know next to nothing about coding, so I don't know how valid this is, so please tell me if this is totally wrong or something. Also, I believe similar arrow textures were found for the SSS, so that could mean we are getting DLC/Connection stages, as well, especially when you consider that awkward gap on the final SSS, which is logically where the arrow would go, if this turns out to be true.
TL;DR-The way the CSS Icon textures are coded imply at least 9 DLC characters.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
OK, I think I've deciphered something. Or maybe I've discovered absolutely nothing, but here goes. The names of the arrows are "chr_10_page_1.tex" and "chr_10_page_2.tex." I'm assuming that "chr_"stands for "character, "10" is for the CSS Icon ID number, "_page_2" and "_page_1" are the page numbers, and ".tex" is for "texture." This would mean that this is the texture for the tenth CSS icon on the first page. So, what I think this means is this. On the CSS, there are 9 characters per row, save for the last two. Now, because these arrows would be appear to be coded as CSS icon textures, it can be assumed that all character icon textures are named similarly. For example, Mario's CSS Icon texture could be "chr_01_page_1.tex" from a logical standpoint, seeing as I think, if I remember correctly, "01" was his character ID number in the previous games, and he is on page 1. That would mean that "chr_10_page_1.tex" is the texture for the tenth CSS Icon on the 1st page. That would mean that "chr_10_page_2.tex" would be the texture for the tenth CSS Icon on the second page. The TENTH. That could mean we could be getting at least 9 DLC/Connection characters. I know next to nothing about coding, so I don't know how valid this is, so please tell me if this is totally wrong or something. Also, I believe similar arrow textures were found for the SSS, so that could mean we are getting DLC/Connection stages, as well, especially when you consider that awkward gap on the final SSS, which is logically where the arrow would go, if this turns out to be true.
Oh, that's interesting. I kinda skipped that post because it was a huge wall of words... :D

9 characters would be very nice, they can add a lot of wanted characters, veterans and newcomers. Imagine the possibilities...

Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Impa, Isaac, Ice Climbers, Wonder Red, Chorus Kids...

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Oh, that's interesting. I kinda skipped that post because it was a huge wall of words... :D

9 characters would be very nice, they can add a lot of wanted characters, veterans and newcomers. Imagine the possibilities...

Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Impa, Isaac, Ice Climbers, Wonder-Red, Chorus Kids...
Oh, dear Lord, YES!

NK1046

Smash Apprentice

Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Impa, Isaac, Ice Climbers, Wonder Red, Chorus Kids...
Didn't Sakurai confirm Wonder Red as only a trophy in a pic of the day once? And he said that it was impossible to get Ice Climbers to work on the 3ds. Sorry to be a buzzkill about this. It would be cool though to have all of those characters.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Really 9 :') OH BOY Mine would have to be in Order
Lucas, Wolf, Isaac, Ice Climbers, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Impa :D

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Didn't Sakurai confirm Wonder Red as only a trophy in a pic of the day once? And he said that it was impossible to get Ice Climbers to work on the 3ds. Sorry to be a buzzkill about this. It would be cool though to have all of those characters.
You can never EVER Trust a Troll Remember this is the same guy who said :4zss: wasn't returning ;) Plus he has gone back on his word he said this guy couldn't be playable as it was too innocent a series :4villager: But we know what came of that..... #Killager

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
You can never EVER Trust a Troll Remember this is the same guy who said :4zss: wasn't returning ;) Plus he has gone back on his word he said this guy couldn't be playable as it was too innocent a series :4villager: But we know what came of that..... #Killager
But when he "deconfirmed ZSS", he immediately turned back on his statement saying it was only a joke. The villager was mentioned a year or two before his confirmation at E3 2013, and he could have changed his mind and got inspired to make said character.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I don't like this idea at all. The Wii U version and the 3DS version should have identical rosters without needing to have both games. That's one of the reasons why the roster should be universal- so that people who want one character won't be sad because they don't have the other game. Requiring a Wii U for getting a 3DS character is absolutely horrible. I'd much prefer a patch when the Wii U version comes out that adds in any extra characters to the 3DS version that doesn't require a Wii U.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I don't like this idea at all. The Wii U version and the 3DS version should have identical rosters without needing to have both games. That's one of the reasons why the roster should be universal- so that people who want one character won't be sad because they don't have the other game. Requiring a Wii U for getting a 3DS character is absolutely horrible. I'd much prefer a patch when the Wii U version comes out that adds in any extra characters to the 3DS version that doesn't require a Wii U.
I feel like if the WiiU has more characters, then there will be free DLC for the people who don't have it.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
But when he "deconfirmed ZSS", he immediately turned back on his statement saying it was only a joke. The villager was mentioned a year or two before his confirmation at E3 2013, and he could have changed his mind and got inspired to make said character.
So yeah you just proved my point don't trust Sakurai he might just be saying they are out but in theory it might just get us to forget about them and then build hype for the Wii U version just keep in mind Never has a series lost all their character representation and the lack of Ice climbers stage on 3DS makes me believe they are in the Wii U version plus their chant is still able to be accessed in the 3DS.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I feel like if the WiiU has more characters, then there will be free DLC for the people who don't have it.
The dlc won't be free my guess is that it will be 15-20$ for the most requested characters. And it will also come out a month or 2 after the wiiU version to give more fans a reason 2 buy a wiiU.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I just came to point out that it makes perfect sense that Ridley wouldn't have a 3ds trophy, because most of his major appearances are on console, along with the fact that he's a stage boss on Pyrosphere. Also Sakurai has said that some trophies will be exclusive to each version.

Issac missing is super sketch tho

sleepingn ow

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I just came to point out that it makes perfect sense that Ridley wouldn't have a 3ds trophy, because most of his major appearances are on console, along with the fact that he's a stage boss on Pyrosphere. Also Sakurai has said that some trophies will be exclusive to each version.

Issac missing is super sketch tho

sleepingn ow
That makes no sense.

Top Bottom