• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rematch - A hypothetical remake discussion.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Option in training mode for opponent: "Shield". Or Shield + Roll or something.

However I have found if you want to practise shield break combos, to get your opponent to shield you can do the following:

1. Set them to attack
2. Position yourself directly behind them
3. You being in this position generally activates the opponent to roll behind you
4. After they roll they immediately shield for a moment
5. Attack away.

My computer specs are too crappy to record with anything decently. I find that this works easiest with mario/yoshi as opponent but I have tested and it does work on everyone.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
If it has been mentioned yet - fixing the training mode combo meter so that it doesn't reset from grabs/bouncing off walls/tornado.
Grabs and Tornados are things would be good to fix.
But Walls... imo it's good the way it is, as you can react faster when you hit a wall and even kind of make a wall jump at some point.
ciaza said:
Option in training mode for opponent: "Shield". Or Shield + Roll or something.
yes! some kind of shield after hit would be good, to know the exact moment when the opponent is going to shield as you know the shield breaks if you keep it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
fixing the training mode combo meter
Added to list.

Guh... I was hoping to troll the thread by suggesting Sonic the Hedgehog.
Unfortunately Sonic Advance came out 1 month late
If you read the topic you'll see that he was suggested and only removed due to lacking an early enough Nintendo release. Sonic may have been badly done in Brawl but that doesn't mean he would be bad for the series if done well.

also, make computers more fun to fight, or more challenging.
AI level 10 like in Brawl? Of course, it wouldn't be the same AI but you get the idea.

Option in training mode for opponent: "Shield".
I could have done with that in my Melee practice.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I'm just saying...
just A hypothetical remake...
and instead of adding a new character, why not adding a new stuff to an existing one.?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
instead of adding a new character, why not adding a new stuff to an existing one.?
Because that gives one character a new gameplay feature that noone else has.

Well I was just referring to the ledge itself, so...
Yeah, you weren't saying anything about the recovery being bad on KJ, just providing an easily accessable example of "Ledges of Death" for my benefit.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
So we now have:

Characters:
Bowser
Mewtwo
Megaman
Peach
Metaknight (fixed of course)

King Dedede (not sure if he'd work or not)
Pit (maybe but with a different Up B please)
Meowth (seems crazy but could work)
Marth

Banjo&Kazooie

Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Onett
Pokemon Stadium 1

Fountain of Dreams
Big Blue
Forest Temple
Gravityman's Domain
Yoshi's Story melee

Realm of Nothingness*

Other Additions:
Fix combo meter
More training mode AI options
Fix platform edges on FD/BF
Ness recovery upgrade
Birthday hats for all on original release dates (region variable)
Name tags
Various hitbox fixes including a Kirby Utilt nerf
Pikachu recovery nerf (shorter and with pause in middle)

AI 10
Ariel tether grabs (may be workable)
Tether grabs only at certain distance
Tap jump and Cjump equalised
Tap jumps optional
Wall Jumps

* Please give opinions on these stages. Were they just one person talking rubbish or might they actually work?

Is there anything else? Any objections? This list looks like it needs some tidying up.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
About the training mode:
It would be good to add an option to use two human players, instead of a human and an almost useless CPU (sometimes we want to place an opponent in an specific place in order to try a combo)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
make it so certain tipper attacks either to less or more damage.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Not entirely sure what you're saying soupy. General balancing for certain moves?

About the training mode:
It would be good to add an option to use two human players, instead of a human and an almost useless CPU (sometimes we want to place an opponent in an specific place in order to try a combo)
I never realised 64 didn't have that. Definitely add.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
yeah. basically hitbox fixing but..

i mean like sweetspotting moves, or even tippering moves can affect how much damage it does.

i.e if you were to give falcon usmash a tipper effect, if you tipper it, the opponent will not get as much hitstun as a regular usmash and will not go as far up into the air. :) also, not as much damage.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Savestates in training mode would be nice.

Even if it is just the ability to savestate before a combo, so you don't have to move the character over every time.
F5 ---> save F7 ---> restore
for almost all amulators.
if not, they would be some other F# key.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
i mean like sweetspotting moves, or even tippering moves can affect how much damage it does.
i.e if you were to give falcon usmash a tipper effect, if you tipper it, the opponent will not get as much hitstun as a regular usmash and will not go as far up into the air. :) also, not as much damage.
Ah, variable effects based on section of hitzone used. Seems doable but it'd be a lot more work than most of the fixes mentioned so far and doesn't seem like it's totally needed.
In other words, it's a big change and I'm not sure that'd be good for the game. It's a possibility though so it'd go in in yellow.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
F5 ---> save F7 ---> restore
for almost all amulators.
if not, they would be some other F# key.
Well, the savestates would apply to the remake; I'm sure most people know how to save states in an emulator.

I, too, would like a few more options in training mode. Maybe the option to start the computer in different locations? Like the P1, P2, P3, P4 spots in VS. mode.

Or, when you enter training mode, start with a little drag and drop thingo (the hand holding the character like in the intro movie?) to place the CPU anywhere you wanted.

An option to start next to the CPU would also be nice, maybe the option to drop your character in a location as well?

Then, every time you reset, the locations wouldn't change until you exited training mode and re-entered it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If any Mario character is gay it's Luigi. Whatever the case though, Toad isn't strictly speaking female so I doubt it. Toadette doesn't really have the same appeal (don't get ideas about taking this sentence out of context please).

NixxxoN

Smash Master
That's Homerun Contest isn't it?
Why didn't I stick that on the list when it was suggested before?

You mean homerun contest like Melee? No i was refering to Ness deflecting projectiles from other chars and playing some kind of baseball/tennis game with two Nesses. Unlike in the real game, the projectile would increase speed and so the game would be more interesting and would be good for training reflexes :awesome:

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
You mean homerun contest like Melee? No i was refering to Ness deflecting projectiles from other chars and playing some kind of baseball/tennis game with two Nesses. Unlike in the real game, the projectile would increase speed and so the game would be more interesting and would be good for training reflexes :awesome:
In that case could be a Fox shine cancel as well, as the shine cancel is faster that ness's...

Battlecow

Play to Win
If any Mario character is gay it's Luigi. Whatever the case though, Toad isn't strictly speaking female so I doubt it. Toadette doesn't really have the same appeal (don't get ideas about taking this sentence out of context please).
Back the **** off man. Dude is a PIMP. Louis G. bangs more women on a daily basis than you will in your entire life :mad:

=p

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
What about adding a black color to link's clothes.??
Some desing as black/dark Link...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Back the **** off man. Dude is a PIMP. Louis G. bangs more women on a daily basis than you will in your entire life :mad:
=p
Ok...
What is it that makes Toad gay then?

And onto a more serious topic:

What about adding a black color to link's clothes.??
Some desing as black/dark Link...
Interesting thought. I'm not sure how this would work out.
On the one hand, it would look really cool but on the other, Link is the one character where clothing colour is actually significant (in his games). Adding in a colour scheme that doesn't relate to the games (eg. SC2's purple Link) may confuse and/or annoy some people.
The question is: Is adding a darker link costume going to add more to his coolness than it's going to detract from fan appeal?

Also, this makes me wonder, what would the Birthday costumes of characters look like? So far we have:

DK - Party Hat
Falcon - Famicom Disguise
Pikachu - Birthday Pikachu Costume (change his regular costumes to the Melee ones)
Link - Fierce Deity?

What about the others? Kirby is particularly hard because the obvious candles and icing on his head (so he looks like he swallowed a cake) would interfere with the hats.

The Star King

Smash Hero
On the one hand, it would look really cool but on the other, Link is the one character where clothing colour is actually significant (in his games).
Different colors are significant for Yoshi, Samus, and Kirby in their games too. But yeah, I like using alternate colors that were actually used in a character's respective game.

Top Bottom