• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remembering Melee

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Well, I just thought I would take this time to share some photos dedicated to the Melee era. There are a few posts about Brawl sucking or people missing Melee so I just wanted to make this one for people to share photos of their memories of Melee.

Back in 2004 Ken started the "SoCal Biweeklies" which was the birth of competitive Smash in SoCal. We have CAOTIC from Australia, Chu Dat from Virginia, and Jeffzor from the Netherlands.

The first big tournaments in SoCal were MLG. In 2004, MLG was held in Bell and there were only 4 people in a pool. Although this pic is from a later year. I forget which one.

Champ combo. I think this was a lot of people's favorite tournament.

Omar and Hugs Vs. Forward and Taj

Ken and Isai Vs. Forward and Taj. Although the theme for Champ Combo was NorCal Vs. SoCal, Ken (SoCal) and Isai (NorCal) united SoCal and NorCal to defeat Arizona in teams finals. The crowd chanted "Cali! Cali!"

By the way, this was also the time Panda created his crew. Funny stuff.

Team SoCal

Team Norcal

Towards the end, there was the 0C3 tournament.

That was when Americans finally got the chance to play Bombsoldier.

Melee had the best memories.

If anyone else has any photos they would like to share, please do.

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
More personal photos than anything else.

Ginyu Force

Road Trip TG4

True Life

Scamp

Posing our banner

Captain Jack

Fantastic 4

Best Tourney

Naota21t

Smash Champion
lmao i love how serious jeff looks in that last pic in the first post.

anyways... yea i remember melee... seeing as i went to a tournament yesterday with a pretty good attendance.

mio

Smash Ace
Before brawl plagued the community
Lol I like how so many people blame Melee's death on Brawl. It's time to get over all this negative shiz, people. You guys have all the right to love Melee, your memories and all that came with that generation... but bashing Brawl isn't going to bring your community back, nor is it the root of your problems. Melee is simply past its time, and most of the people that once played now have lives that don't revolve around video games. The same thing will happen with Brawl eventually, and hopefully us Brawlers aren't as bitter as all of you guys when that time comes. Do you think you guys will ever get tired of bashing Brawl and just... play Melee? Or maybe just accept both communities/games as they are?

MarthPwnzer

Smash Journeyman
Lol I like how so many people blame Melee's death on Brawl. It's time to get over all this negative shiz, people. You guys have all the right to love Melee, your memories and all that came with that generation... but bashing Brawl isn't going to bring your community back, nor is it the root of your problems. Melee is simply past its time, and most of the people that once played now have lives that don't revolve around video games. The same thing will happen with Brawl eventually, and hopefully us Brawlers aren't as bitter as all of you guys when that time comes. But do you think you guys will ever get tired of bashing Brawl and just... go play Melee instead, maybe?
lol it was a joke

Miharu

Smash Hero
Lol I like how so many people blame Melee's death on Brawl. It's time to get over all this negative shiz, people. You guys have all the right to love Melee, your memories and all that came with that generation... but bashing Brawl isn't going to bring your community back, nor is it the root of your problems. Melee is simply past its time, and most of the people that once played now have lives that don't revolve around video games. The same thing will happen with Brawl eventually, and hopefully us Brawlers aren't as bitter as all of you guys when that time comes. Do you think you guys will ever get tired of bashing Brawl and just... play Melee? Or maybe just accept both communities/games as they are?
wtf

Don't bother weighing this topic down with that negative ****; this topic was made to reminisce about the good times that Melee gave us, not how some hate Brawl and how the Brawl community is emo about it.

Da
mn, I miss Melee.

Jeff always looking serious XD

Zodiac

Smash Master
lol @ brawl noobs posting in these threads

QFT x 2, But really, Im kind of downed by this topic, I never got to make a road trip or go to a huge melee tournament, the biggest tournament I was in was about 100 people. Dammit all, I need to make my next tournament huge.

mio

Smash Ace
This will be my last post and I won't interrupt anymore. Sorry guys.

lol@this post. do you seriously think that if brawl had not came out, people would have magically stopped playing melee? really?
Whether or not that's true, what is all of the trash talk going to do about it?

Don't bother weighing this topic down with that negative ****; this topic was made to reminisce about the good times that Melee gave us, not how some hate Brawl and how the Brawl community is emo about it
The only thing we're annoyed about is how we sometimes just can't just play our game in peace. Nobody actually cares that you hate the game because there are countless others that think differently.

Top Bottom