• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

remove the bomb capsule/barrel/box

marthbeatsroy

Smash Cadet
They are annoying. I expect items, not a bomb randomly exploding on me. And melee has more of those random bombs. I hope brawl keeps it to a minimum or, better yet, delete it. What do you guys think?

SupremeSwordsman: Roy

Smash Rookie
I personally think it's not really bothersome but sometimes it catches me in a heated battle but i do also think they should keep it to a minimum.

Kuro soshi13

Smash Rookie
i dont really mind the random exploding boxes and stuff, if u dont want it to blow up on u, then dont atk it, throw it at someone.

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
NO ! NO ! NO ! keep the bombs, me and my friend had a very intense battle with only bombs on and the rate which they drop was very high, they can be useful and bad but if you do couple matches with them in you will gain skillz using bombs, dodging bombs and recovering after being hit with a bomb. i think that they are one of the best items in SSB and really hope they stay for SSBB.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I reckon bombs, barrels, boxes, capsules and eggs should be switched off in single player.
There's nothing worse than going for the no-damage clear in All star mode and have it ruined by a bomb spawning directly above your Uair. That sucks.

Bombs in single player should die, along with super moves, invisibility and invincible stars.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
. . . I'm fairly sure the creator of this thread isn't talking about the Mario animated bombs, but the 1/8 chance of exploding capsules, crates, and barrels.
I completely agree and despise these randomly exploding things. I think they ought to be like the party balls where you can turn them off- even better, not only would you be able to turn them off, but if you chose to have them you could alter the explosion rate. I could imagine a 100% chance of explosion barrel battle being entertaining.
But still- When melee didn't make it an option to turn off these item carriers, I was rather surprised. I would use items a lot, lot more if it didn't force us to use three items we didn't choose.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Naw, leave them in brawl. As long as we can turn items off.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Tera doesn't use items too much anyway, but no, they add to the fun of the game, and teach people NEVER to close-combat-attack one of those.

~Tera253~

hrairoo

Smash Cadet
It'd be nice if you could turn off explosive capsules, but still keep the capsules themselves. Just make it so that there's an option if you want exploding capsules or not. I don't use items, but then again exploding capsules is the main reason I don't.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Get rid of them totally. I don't play items much but like SSJ4 said, nothing is worse than getting blown up because one of those ****ed things appears near you during your attack. I love bombs and motion sensors, but it's the randomness factor that kind of ruins it. I was actually hoping for Nintendo to implement a system so that items spawn away from battle and that might make them more fair. Who knows, it could develop into Item-Allowed Tournaments but not if they keep in random capsule bombs... X_X

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Why take them out? I know I personally don't play with items, but if they are annoying, just turn items off. They will most likely have that feature in SSBB.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
If you are playing with items on the match is going to be random anyway, so I see no reason to remove them because they are random. What i do believe they should do, is make a Container turn-off option in the item selection menu.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
i think they should do that too, i don't the containers, they appear more than the items that are inside actually do.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Although I don't know how the menu would be set up, it'd be cool to edit the properties of what comes out of caspules, barrels, crates, and Party Balls. (Say 50% random items, 25% three-of-a-kind, and 25% explosion? Or maybe 100% three-of-a-kind.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The ability to turn them on or off, like all other items, is all that's really needed.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
You can't really mean to deny the bombs, can you? This is a hardcore game, and it wouldn't be so without the element of explosions. See, this is why you need to be cautious about any potential explosives that stand in your path. Approach the item carefully, and break it with a ranged attack if you must. If you lack long range, throw it in the air or something clever like that. You must be wary if trying to break a barrel/box/ball physically, or else you'll pay the price and perhaps humiliate yourself. If you're getting ambushed, take the item and launch it at them, so if it IS an explosive, I believe you'll be very pleased.

Of course, you can do what I always do and break them right in front of you. It's the fastest - and most dangerous - way, if you want an item that badly. Suicide/homocide explosions are also very enjoyable to watch, no matter what side of the fire you're in, believe me, I've had many. But if you're on the other side, take caution and dodge accordingly. Bombs are merciless.

Turning them all off is the easiest way, if you wish, but I believe you need items every once in a while. Not all, just some.... have fun with what the game has to offer, you know? Don't hate the bomb, embrace it.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
I have to repeat what other people have said, just turn the items off don't complain. I usually don't have items on but, when I do I think that the random explosions are fun it makes it so averyones more reluctant to break the box/capsule and I honestly think that those add to gameplay when you're just screwing around or playing with n00bs.

DragoKnight

Smash Cadet
I have no problem with the option of turning item carriers off, but it just seems to me that taking away the explosions makes them too predictable. Run up to a carrier, attack it, grab item. All it does is slow down the item collection process, making them pretty much pointless. Whereas, with the random explosions, it makes you re-think how you're going to treat the carrier depending on the situation. Got some time to spend? Throw it aside safely, or take aim at an opponent. However, if you're about to die and really need an item to turn the tide fast, smack the carrier and hope for the best. SSB is about being random; if everything's set, there's only one way of playing at all times. Take out exploding carriers, take out Luigi misfire, take out G&W judgement, etc.
I know, attacking an exploding carrier right when it spawns is annoying, but can be funny as all hell. There are worse ways of being ripped off, and ways that aren't as funny in multiplayer. Getting screwed over is pretty hilarious. I remember once it was me and two friends at Final Destination, me nearly dead in the middle of the stage, with a crate. I shoulda done something else, but hell I just picked it up and threw it straight upwards. It landed on me and blew up in my face. lol sounds even stupider now.

That being said, I repeat, they should just make carriers optional. Convoluted digression kinda happened.

marthbeatsroy

Smash Cadet
you guys make it sound like I don't turn off the items. I like to use skill, not the luck of items, to win a match against an opponent. So random bombs never bother me. But then there's 1 player mode, especially when I'm playing all star. I don't want that in brawl, at least not in 1 player mode(s). I don't like items popping up and screwing my luck or making me win by luck (makes me look weak). I just don't like the explosion; item holders should have items. Bomb-o and montion sensor cover the whole bomb thing.

Benthos

Smash Cadet
I think they should decrease the percentage of the containers blowing up. Whenever I have items on in melee, any item that can blow up on me will. Also the containers will randomly appear right as I'm attacking and then explode as I hit them. It is very annoying, and now that I play with items off most the time, I don't miss the exploding objects at all.

you guys make it sound like I don't turn off the items. I like to use skill, not the luck of items, to win a match against an opponent. So random bombs never bother me. But then there's 1 player mode, especially when I'm playing all star. I don't want that in brawl, at least not in 1 player mode(s). I don't like items popping up and screwing my luck or making me win by luck (makes me look weak). I just don't like the explosion; item holders should have items. Bomb-o and montion sensor cover the whole bomb thing.
If you don't play with items,it shouldn't be a problem then...-_-

Toomai

Smash Ace
I can't think of a game that I've played that has a 1P mode which allows you to set game settings other than difficulty. Smash Bros. forcing you to play with items is no different.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I'd rather keep the randomness of the exploding boxes and capsules ect. cause I like to have fun. As much as people like to play with weapons off and focus on skill alone (although using weapons properly requires skill as well.... well not like stars... or cloaking... or hammers... bah) but my point is, although they like to focus on skill, the game was designed to be random and have unexpected things happen that could drastically shift the course of a battle. So they will not get rid of the exploding boxes. And for single player... again, part of the game.

sir bert leaman

Smash Rookie
I swear, but I could be the only one, that when you play on single player the game seems to drop exploding items in the path of your attack on purpose. I can't remember the number of times that I've been attacking and an item has fallen into my path and blown me up and given my opponent the advantage... I think the game was made to do that on purpose... Either that or mine is just out to get me...

marthbeatsroy

Smash Cadet
I swear, but I could be the only one, that when you play on single player the game seems to drop exploding items in the path of your attack on purpose. I can't remember the number of times that I've been attacking and an item has fallen into my path and blown me up and given my opponent the advantage... I think the game was made to do that on purpose... Either that or mine is just out to get me...
amen on that

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Maybe bombs/random explosions don't like you... :dizzy:

Well I, for one, don't mind the items being on 1P all the time. If you wish to enhance your skill and get better at the game, why are you diving to the mode where items cannot be turned off and there's nothing but cpu's? If you're just playing 1P for fun, then it shouldn't much to complain about, that's just what happens.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Maybe bombs/random explosions don't like you... :dizzy:

Well I, for one, don't mind the items being on 1P all the time. If you wish to enhance your skill and get better at the game, why are you diving to the mode where items cannot be turned off and there's nothing much cpu's? If you're just playing 1P for fun, then it shouldn't much to complain about, that's just what happens.
yeah, seriously, if you just want to play cpus, theres a vs. mode for that. i say add as much random chaos as possible!

marthbeatsroy

Smash Cadet
not my original message. My original message was to not put that on brawl. Of course I don't play 1P anymore, but how am I going to unlock new characters in brawl without playing 1P. It's highly likely that they'll have a "sufficient # of vs mode before unlocking a new character" feature, but it's not a guarantee.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
not my original message. My original message was to not put that on brawl. Of course I don't play 1P anymore, but how am I going to unlock new characters in brawl without playing 1P. It's highly likely that they'll have a "sufficient # of vs mode before unlocking a new character" feature, but it's not a guarantee.
well yeah the random bombs can be a pain, but they dont affect your game drastically enough where you wont be able to finish the 1P mode. the worst that could happen is you lose a stock. and how often does it actually happen that a capsule bomb drops right into your attack? definitely not every time you play the 1P mode...probably not even one out of every 10 times unless you have really crappy luck...and if thats the case then i dont know what to tell you.

marthbeatsroy

Smash Cadet
I just want the bombs to be as frequent as they used to be in the 64 version. I rarely had trouble with bomb items holder in the 64 version, but I'm scared all the time to pick up an item and blowing up. I like the beam sword, and I constantly check on items in 1P to find it. I love swordsmanship, the reason why I always choose marth

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
idk about the rest of you but it isn't the crates, barrels and exploding capsules that bother me so much as when i'm running up to attack someone or just even staying in one place and a crate falls on my head and hits me. It doesn't even have to explode it's just the point of how incredibly annoying it is!

Top Bottom