• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replace Brawl-Sound-Files aka mp3 to brstm converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Has there been anything regarding "custom" music in Brawl?

I'm sure some people have seen some of Blank's Brawl+ videos on Youtube. (REALLY can't get a link ATM, Youtube doesn't load for me. Just search something along the lines of "sonic blank brawl+ charizard") Anyway, he has music from a different game in it and he says he didn't edit it in, although he said he won't answer questions regarding this..

Just wonder if anyone knows anything. Thanks in advance. :3

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Give him time... I know he'll pull it off...

He's done some pwnage stuff for us so far...

Like the new version of the SD uploader code that has been reduced from a whopping 170+ to merely 22 lines today ._.

Still no music support though...
That is because the music files are streamed from the disk. You cannot simply replace the files because they need to be streamed.

The only way to have different music is via ISO burning or USB loader (which uses the ISO).
unfortunately the USB loader does not support codes and the ISO brning makes the disc run half as fast.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
What he most likely did was he turned off brawl's music and set it to sound only. Then after that, he couldve set up a mp3 to his tv and played the music from there.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Alright so do all of these methods requiring burning of a new disc? Right now thanks to Phantom Wings I am using just my SD card to use textures for stages, characters, and items no problem. Why couldn't it be possible to have the game load up music from the SD card as a proxy to music on particular stages? If I can load Ronald McDonald instead of Pink Captain Falcon, why can't I load up the Sephiroth Theme instead of the FD songs?

EDIT: Oh so hes working on it. I see. That man must be a genius.

Super Slash

Smash Rookie
Can someone clear some things up for me?

For starters, why are people saying you need to burn something to a disc? Do you need to burn the game itself or something? And is this burning required to put your own music in the game? Also, is it possible to do for those of us who have the Homebrew Channel? I read through this topic and I'm slightly confused. I have an SD card and the Homebrew Channel, and I really want to use the music of my choice in this game. If I converted a .wav to a .brstm, would I just have to replace a .brstm in the Brawl ISO to get the music I want? Speaking of Brawl ISOs, do you have to download that, and what is it for exactly? Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just confused.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Can someone clear some things up for me?

For starters, why are people saying you need to burn something to a disc? Do you need to burn the game itself or something? And is this burning required to put your own music in the game?
Yeah, as of right now, the only way for this to work is to replace the data on an ISO and either burn it on a disc or load it through USB Loader (what I'm doing).

Also, is it possible to do for those of us who have the Homebrew Channel?
Again, USB Loader would be used if you just can't burn a disc.

If I converted a .wav to a .brstm, would I just have to replace a .brstm in the Brawl ISO to get the music I want?
Basically that's true (song -> wav -> dsp -> brstm). I followed the guide and various other posts on page 3, and because I wanted specific looping, it took me a WHILE to get my 15 or so songs in the game.

Speaking of Brawl ISOs, do you have to download that, and what is it for exactly?
You could download it, however, once more, the USB Loader can be used to rip games to an external hard drive, then copied over to the PC for editing. You need the ISO to replace data.

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just confused.
Glad I could help, though I'm new to this as well.

If I missed anything crucial, feel free to say so you guys.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
So, I've ran into a problem the with Androu1's BRSTM converter (Master Edition)

Every time I've tried to replace the song files, everything goes perfect except for a huge problem. As I load up the game and my custom tracks start to play, they'll only play until around 30 seconds in, then they have a sudden stop and don't play anymore.

Anyone have a related problem and know how to fix it?

Information that may be to some use: I'm using a USB loader to load the Iso.

The only problem of that nature that I've encountered is on Yoshi's Island.

Obstacle Course apparently is comprised of two different tracks. So when the track changes, the music is stopped and goes back to normal for a while, before changing back.

Other than that, I've had no problems other than accidentally making a song too quiet to be heard in-game.

Do the old tracks play again, or is their simply no music?

bobson

Smash Lord
Occasionally a song will refuse to loop and freeze the game whenever you try to leave the area that started it (stage, menu, etc.) for no apparent reason. The only fix I've found for this is to keep editing the song until it stops doing that. It doesn't sound like this is your problem, though.

Obstacle Course is made up of two tracks; the "normal" one and the "winter" one. Each track will fade into the other when the stage transitions seasons, so you have to replace both with the same track if you want the track to play smoothly.

Super Slash

Smash Rookie
So I tried the USB Loader but it gave me a ret -1 error when I tried using it. I Googled the problem a bit and tried installing cIOS36. Did that successfully, but now the USB Loader tells me I have to format a partition. I didn't do it because I was afraid it would format the whole SD card and delete everything on it. I don't know how this will help, but should I do it?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ok so im assuming that online wont work if i do this right?
From what Neko tells me, you are wrong. The music hacks that doesn't require iso hacking changes which song the game has to load. Technically you are still loading song X25 when you iso hack your music. That make sense? If not whatever point is ISO hacking songs still work with online, regardless of what songs you have on there

Roxas215

Smash Lord
From what Neko tells me, you are wrong. The music hacks that doesn't require iso hacking changes which song the game has to load. Technically you are still loading song X25 when you iso hack your music. That make sense? If not whatever point is ISO hacking songs still work with online, regardless of what songs you have on there
good money!

edit. Ok so i messed around with it and i got it working with some already converted files i found over at stacksmash. Now i want to convert some of my own files. Is it as simple as converting mp3-wav-brtsm and replacing the file with wiiscrubber? Or do i have to do something with the looping and all of that?

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
So I tried the USB Loader but it gave me a ret -1 error when I tried using it. I Googled the problem a bit and tried installing cIOS36. Did that successfully, but now the USB Loader tells me I have to format a partition. I didn't do it because I was afraid it would format the whole SD card and delete everything on it. I don't know how this will help, but should I do it?
I guess that would be the crucial thing I was missing...

Yes, you have to format, and yes, it'll delete everything unless you partition it, but I have no clue how that works.

Phillyrider807 said:
Now i want to convert some of my own files. Is it as simple as converting mp3-wav-brtsm and replacing the file with wiiscrubber? Or do i have to do something with the looping and all of that?
Well, if you don't want the looping to be specific (looping after an intro), then it's a lot easier. I did "special" looping and the majority of the songs I put in loop perfectly thanks to bobson's formula on page 3.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ok most of the songs i added work but the volume is so low you can't hear it. Any help?
Maximize the volume on the songs when you convert them to a .wav. Most songs need to be maximized to 150% in order to be heard real well, other need 200% maximization. It is a lot of trial and error and get very tedious due to how long it takes to put the ISO back onto the drive. I usually stick with 150% if it sounds high enough. You may also want to try stereo. (But you need to do extra steps).

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Anyway to increase the volume on the brstm file itself? I don't have the .wav files. I downloaded them from stacksmash.

But yea it takes hella long to re add the partition to the iso. Took around 45 mins on my laptop and i have 4gb of ram and a 2.4ghz processor.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Anyway to increase the volume on the brstm file itself? I don't have the .wav files. I downloaded them from stacksmash.

But yea it takes hella long to re add the partition to the iso. Took around 45 mins on my laptop and i have 4gb of ram and a 2.4ghz processor.
How many did you replace? I can crack out the conversion from mp3-wav-brstm then onto the iso in 45 mins with about 8-10 songs. Whatever...

As far as I know there is no way to increase volume on brstm. Download the trial version of Goldwave and start converting your MP3s over. If you don't have a song I google'd 'Youtube to MP3 converter' and got a nifty little program to fill in my gaps. (Karas them from TvC :p)

Roxas215

Smash Lord
How many did you replace? I can crack out the conversion from mp3-wav-brstm then onto the iso in 45 mins with about 8-10 songs. Whatever...

As far as I know there is no way to increase volume on brstm. Download the trial version of Goldwave and start converting your MP3s over. If you don't have a song I google'd 'Youtube to MP3 converter' and got a nifty little program to fill in my gaps. (Karas them from TvC :p)
O ok. Ill probably do all of this on fri or something when i have time to sit down and do everything.

Super Slash

Smash Rookie
I'm still confused. I went back to page 3 and it seems like there's so many different options to take on converting mp3's to wav's to brstm's. Maybe it's because I'm tired today, but I don't get where I'm supposed to start. All I've done thus far is convert an MP3 to a WAV and I have increased the volume of the track a bit. What do I do next?

Revven

FrankerZ

Well... you could use Androu1's Tool to convert the .brstm back to a .wav (just put it into the OriginalSongs folder). Then when you've entered the necessary info (the length mostly for the looping) you SHOULD be able to exit out of the Tool before it converts it back to a .brstm and edit the .wav it gives out. I did this for one song, only problem was, the looping became messed up. :(

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Psh, that's nothin'. Try half a day. My PC is old style.

I'm still confused. I went back to page 3 and it seems like there's so many different options to take on converting mp3's to wav's to brstm's. Maybe it's because I'm tired today, but I don't get where I'm supposed to start. All I've done thus far is convert an MP3 to a WAV and I have increased the volume of the track a bit. What do I do next?
I recall only two options: the guide itself, and the post right after it (Androu1's thingy). I followed the guide, so let's see...right after I made my wav I went to step 10, which is conversion to dsp/txt. I only converted to dsp after I knew where to loop to.

Androu1's thingy has an ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK for ease of use.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Is anyone else having this problem? On a untouched .iso wiiscrubber will load it. I then extract the partition replace the songs i want and load the partition back and then put the .iso on my harddrive. However when i want to go back and add some more songs wiiscrubber will no longer load the .iso. It says the partition is bad or something. Anyone else having this problem? Why won't wiiscrubber load the .iso having loading the new partition?

Also it would be nice if wiiscrubber could load games off of wbfs formatted drives. It would be so much easier when u only want to replace 1 or 2 songs.

Revven

FrankerZ
I haven't extracted a partition before. The way I did it, Philly, is just replace the files directly onto the partition through WiiScrubber (right-clicking the song files and clicking "Replace"). Once I did that, I would scrub the .iso and it would make a new one with the name (compress) after it.

Perhaps you should start doing the above.^

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I haven't extracted a partition before. The way I did it, Philly, is just replace the files directly onto the partition through WiiScrubber (right-clicking the song files and clicking "Replace"). Once I did that, I would scrub the .iso and it would make a new one with the name (compress) after it.

Perhaps you should start doing the above.^
yea but i replace like 10-20 songs at once. lol. O well

I LAG

Smash Lord
first is this possible?
2nd if it is i would like instructions and links to things on the front page of this thread.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
first is this possible?
2nd if it is i would like instructions and links to things on the front page of this thread.
Links are out of the question, because ISO editing tools are illegal. You're on your own on that one.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Can someone help me out, I follow all of the instructions, but I get stuck when I get to the editing part, what i mean is I do the program, and I'm SURE i do everything right it even says it makes my file in the Edited Songs folder, but when I look there it's empty! What is going on?

Edit 1: Can someone please have pity on me too, I've been up for 8 hour trying to figure this one little thing out. :(

Edit 2: I've been a huge fan of this site forever, and I"m not sure if it's the fact that I've worked on this from 10Pm it's now 7am, or that I'm so depressed that I can't do this, and I would really love a fix to this this haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom