• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replacing Rubber on Controller

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
is it possible or should i just buy a new one.

basically i have a controller im attached to. the stick feels amazing and stuff but the rubber had came off and now is susceptible to coming off during intense moments.

i have another controller but im not sure if i should just be ripping it off and throwing it onto my current controller or if i may need glue or something to make sure it doesn't just slip right back off at ease.

any tips?

Eggm

Smash Hero
I just take the rubber part from another control stick and put it on my current controller when this happens.

BROWNxEYEDxBEAST

Smash Cadet
You could get a triwing screwdriver (on eBay, not sure where else) and take the circuit board out of the other controller, which the sticks are attached to. Unless you're totally in love with the stick on your current controller.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
VERY simple solution:

1. Open your other controller
2. The control stick just slides right off the plastic base, just pull directly up.
3. Switch out the good control stick with the bad.
4. Viola, you're done.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
Just get a new controller, It won't take that long to break it in.

Vodka

Smash Rookie
VERY simple solution:

1. Open your other controller
2. The control stick just slides right off the plastic base, just pull directly up.
3. Switch out the good control stick with the bad.
4. Viola, you're done.
Listen to him.

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah replacing control sticks is simple stuff. There is virtually no chance you'll damage your controller, unless you put in some sort of effort to do it.

I know controllers that have the control stick from the wii mote too.

Top Bottom