• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Research Project on Super Smash Bros. Brawl

jhuffine

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my name is Jason Huffine. I'm a student at UCLA and am taking a class on the psychology of gaming (mainly focused on MMORPGs, but I like console games better) in the Communication Studies department.

Anyway, since I'm a huge SSB fan I figured I would do my final project on it. I created a survey to try to get at the motivations of people who play Brawl. If any of you guys would be so kind to take the survey for me, it would be greatly appreciated. The main goal of the project is to get at why SSB has been so widely successful on the Wii console even though Wii's differentiating factor, motion-sensored remote technology which has attracted players of all different demographics, is not incorporated into brawl.

The link is at http://www.advancedsurvey.com. On the bottom right of the page, there is a box titled "Take a Survey." My survey code is 61863, so enter that into the box and it'll get started.

Thanks a ton for any participation I can get from you guys! I'll definitely share my results if anyone cares to see them.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ok, I took it.

Great survey by the way :)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Took it for ya... Pretty well put together survey, except for the lack of characters in the last question... An extra 100 would have made it easier to make my point

Konwukulups

Smash Cadet
Good stuff.

You may want to go check your questions for clarity and edit them if possible. There were a couple questions that I had to reread to get the meaning. Maybe it's just me though.

I'd love to see the results posted here when you finish.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
Just filled it out. Aside from the 150 character limit, great survey!

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Took the survey :D.

Only problem i found was that 150 characters was not enough for certain questions. (17)

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Took it and got friends from school and others to take it. Great job! I emailed ya, please write back.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
How long do I have to take this survery? I'd LOVE to help, but tonight is my 21st birthday so I'm awfully busy today. Good Luck with this project. I should be able to help on Monday.

jhuffine

Smash Rookie
hey guys, thanks for your responses. i could not control the character limit, but if you feel like you didn't get to fit in everything you wanted to say, FEEL FREE to post it up here and i'll include it in my research.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Aside from the character limit, great survey. Good luck with your project.

EDIT: Male, 18, Utah.

jhuffine

Smash Rookie
p.s. the project is due June 10 so as long as you guys respond by like the 7th or so it'll get included.

also, i know this might be asking a lot of you, but I totally forgot to include demographic info in the survey... if you took the survey would you guys mind re-posting your gender, age, and maybe where you're from? that would help out a lot as well.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Took it, thought it was nicely specific in the questions.

Congrats for doing a research paper (or whatever it is you're actually doing) on a video game. ^_^

EDIT: 18, male, and I live in Louisiana and do not wish to get more specific than that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just filled it out. Aside from the 150 character limit, great survey!
Basically how I feel. It could have used another 150 (or 1,853,972,471,156,145,124,652 :laugh) spaces. Good poll, overall. Except I couldn't rant about Toon Link's epic, amazing, and unimaginable awsomeness. :( :laugh: :p

O, and male, 17, and from Livermore, California.

Top Bottom