• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: IT'S SOVA BABY!!! - Melee Revival!!! 1/31/09

JWolf

Smash Cadet
No pool matches were recorded foreal. Only a couple team matches, grand finals and loser finals of both, and a couple actual TOURNY matches. This is because of the lack of space at the time....

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah sorry guys that's the only down fall. They have uber quality like toasty said but it takes lots of space but I can tell you all the matches that got recorded and that will be uploaded.

Tope Vs. Ether (Losers Finals)
Tope Vs. LoZR First set (Grand Finals)
Tope Vs. LoZR Second set
Tope Vs. LoZR Last match (Had to be recorded separately)
Ether/Schoolie vs. Sman/KP (Losers Finals)
Ether/Schoolie vs. Tope/Cyrain (Winners Finals)
Ether/Schoolie vs. Tope/Cyrain (Grade Finals)
Ether/Schoolie vs. Tope/Cyrain Final Match (Had to be recorded separately)
Then Random Singles
Lozr Vs Geos
Ether VS Geos

And Some of Jwolf and Malco team matches.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
*(This is Tamillow btw)*

Reptars on Ice FTW!!!! I don't care if we got ***** in doubles.... our first match up was ****ing Ether and Schoolie.... This was definitely an epic tournament.

It was good meeting you Toasty and I had at good matches with anyone I played. I really enjoyed the matches I had with Schoolie and Tope before singles started. I wish I could have played everyone in my pool but its all good.

Merc - Good **** in pools. Your falcon was giving me some trouble. I thought you had me quite a few times.

Darkside and Ganon teammate(sorry I'm really bad with names :() - We got some good doubles in before the tourney started. Those were probably some of the most fun doubles I've done in a really long time. All I know is that Ganon was layin out some **** on me and FaviD. *pound*

I hope to see lots more of everyone that was there and lots more good melee being played. =D

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quantity over quality man.
Go Home.:embarrass

Malco I should still be on AIM at home so just send me the ones you hadn't started sending before, because I can't be there to click the prompt when it asks if I want to overwrite the existing files of the same name

You should have them all?

Declan

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff from everybody. I can't wait for vids and I especially can't wait for the next melee event. The turn out was amazing. It's good to see so much interest, even though there were others that couldn't make it to the event.
Coreygames, I can't believe you came all the way from West VA. It would be good to play you again, hopefully when I'm up to my own par.
Toasty, you ran a great tournament. It's a good thing you were there to scare ether into playing singles. We only got to play like 1/4 of a match. It'll have to happen some other time. And how come you aren't able to reserve a venue at ODU? Do you not live on campus?
Peace.

noodles

Smash Champion
hes originally from ct. i know he was here around summer time. does he live in ct and go to school over there? ct sucks but its because most of our better players arent in the state due to school.

Boomer

Smash Apprentice
This be Twiddle (gotta get a name change) Hahaha. That tourney was the bomb. It was a lot of fun. Good **** to everyone. I could see people were playing their best. Good **** guys. Good ****.

btw..... here's a pic I got of Tope being a sneaky *** Jew.

Don't feel bad... we were all thinking it...

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
geos is awesome haha. we didn't even get to really play though.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
hes originally from ct. i know he was here around summer time. does he live in ct and go to school over there? ct sucks but its because most of our better players arent in the state due to school.
No, Geos doesn't live in Connecticut at all. He's a part of Team Richmond and lives about 3 minutes from me in Midlothian, VA, about 20 minutes from Richmond.

noodles

Smash Champion
D:

maybe he has family here or something. that sucks though ct needs more good people

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha who was m3rc? rofl. i don't think i ever played you.

Boomer

Smash Apprentice
Yo Toasty. You think any bigger rooms are available? That room was a bit small for 40 people...lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hah...not at the kind of convenience we had, but I'll see what I can do :)

We've NEVER had a crowd that big before so I had no idea about what kind of crowd we could and couldn't accomodate.

and really? I mean, I think it was like... --just-- spacious enough to where you didn't feel crammed. don't expect too much from Smash events XD

but yeah thanks for the input

If I get a different venue on campus it'll help alleviate the stress on Caboose since it won't be his responsibility to be in the room the whole nor will he have to own up to whatever happens at the venue :)

Ether

Smash Ace
I can’t wait to see the vids.

This was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. I may not enter another tourney in a long time….or will I??!? O_O

1st Seed:
KP - You’re growing into a very dangerous competitor. I see you posting here and there on the boards, and it’s really paying off.
Cyrain - Our set was the most exhilarating, heart-stopping collection of matches I have ever participated in. It was REALLY scary fighting you…you have no idea. Now I feel like I can take SoVa Foxes to town. I hope somebody recorded us with their camera or something, because wow. I feel like we have a Ken and Ryu thing going on, you know?
toasty – You are the man for getting this many people here. Also, you are very lucky for getting to team with Lozr, I mean, come on, that’s what I call connections. Too bad about that walk-off SD, though x_x
GEOS – ***** me on my own counterpick. It’s just as well…it put me in a bad enough mood to step it up for the rest of the tourney. But ouch. AND it got recorded. Ouch.
Tope – It’s always an honor playing against you. It’s like my lifelong animosity toward Sheik truly becomes realized when we play. As gay as I claim you play, I really can’t help but see the similarities in our style. For the love of god, next time PLEASE team with me in some friendlies. I mean, I’m not that bad in teams. We’d be like Ken and Isai.
Ether – S’mexy playing. Somehow, you managed to leave the scene, play Rockband, learn guitar, and come back even better than ever. WTF.
TLoZ - You guys are too good. Also, do you ever shield? You’re like a constant barrage of **** coming my way XD
LoZR - I didn’t even manage to play you this time, but I did get to see your matches. Hey, maybe sometime we could team. We could REALLY be like Ken and Isai!

2nd Seed:
O-NO – lol, I don’t mind the Controller Rule…I think it’s pretty funny, actually. But man, it really has the potential to cut into my winnings, lol. That controller is soooo good, though.
IV – Hey! We finally played. We have a very similar Marth style, you know? Next time you play friendlies against anyone, try putting the fear of god into your attacks. I can’t explain it. Just have fun with it, and you’ll find out what I’m talking about.
MaSHi – We STILL never played. How does this keep happening?
CStick – This was CStick at his best!!!! CStick, you’re the man. I still think it’s so awesome how I used to see you post on Gamefaqs and think, wow, this guy is really good. And today, I get to play this amazing person.
SpeedYoshi – Way to rep CNU. You keep getting so much better each time I see you. How were those cookies? Also, did you have to hide them from everyone? lol
Juan – It was great to have you in my pool cuz you’re too cool to be around. But you HAVE to go berserk with Falcon against me the same way you did against everyone else in our pool so I can experience it, unless you think it’s too hard to pull that off against me. Also, Pokefloats was a gay counterpick XD
Coreygames – We didn’t play, but I saw you play sometimes. That’s so unfortunate that you came all that way and we never played ;_; Also, what’s West VA like? I may move sometime in a few years or so.
S-man – oooh, you’re dangerous to fight, which is strange because you don’t have any identifying marks, like an overgrown beard or really long hair. Do you live very far away, because I’d love to play you in hours of friendlies. Maybe I could make the trip. Great matches in teams…can’t wait for the vids.

3rd Seed (tied for 17th):
TC – You’re so good. How are you so good? More importantly, why are you 3rd Seed? What happened? O_o But you know you’re good, so it’s alright.
ndn – Thanks for coming. I didn’t see you play, but I heard you ***** in friendlies. Go ODU.
Rhan – did we play??
59JS – did we play?? Am I confusing you with TLoZ? ;_; omg, can someone post pictures and names of the NC crew?
Riku – Thanks for the support and the tips you gave me for teams matches and such. And lol, don’t call me Lando in the middle of the most difficult match of my life (cyrain)! haha
Deez – Hey, team Richmond is training you well. I hope you become another Tope so I can wreak havoc upon another
Sheik, muahahahaha…
Schoolie Dee – We are too good in teams, son! When’s the next teams tourney?! Let’s DO THIS!!! It’s like…the CNU cookies pay for themselves, lol
Tamillow – I’m fairly sure we played (I think you told me this was your name). Sorry, I’m really bad with names and faces, but if we did play, thanks for the matches. I’m grateful to play anyone new.

4th Seed (tied for 25th):
Caboose – Your ganon IS as deadly as I heard. Sorry if you took some heat from the RA. I just saw you disappear, and I saw her disappear…. Ohhhhh, I see….you were giving HER some heat, m I rite????? XD ahhh….I fail. Invite me over sometime!
Kathleen – Hey, you’ve gotten better! You should let me crash at CNU sometime so we can get some serious games in.
Twiddle – I know we played, I just don’t know who you use. Good games.
Poehlcat – You’re like a can of **** sauce. It’s fun watching you play. How do you do against Juan, Schoolie, and Speed?
CREL - ???
Some Guy - ??????
PTZR – We didn’t play this time…. I wanted more Roy dittos!
M3RC – did we play?

5th Seed (tied for 33rd):
Malco – so tough in teams… wtf happened in Singles? You’re way too good to get 5th seed.
Favid – Thanks for the matches… were you playing sheik or samus? I hope we get to play sometime, especially if you live close. PM me and I’ll invite you over.
Darksyde – Always a pleasure seeing you, and you’re sooooo good. Next time!
G-mon - ???
Unrealperson –top tiers are good. Good seeing you.
Cinder – I haven’t seen you since that one time in Richmond. Your post count on the boards is huge, wow.
Shab – Thanks for the support all night. And our teams matches were fun; you’re a good partner.
Declan – gg
Whodat – When you entered singles, that was really what motivated me to enter. I figured, this man has heart, so thanks.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Coreygames – We didn’t play, but I saw you play sometimes. That’s so unfortunate that you came all that way and we never played ;_; Also, what’s West VA like? I may move sometime in a few years or so.
For smash? A desolate wasteland with only me traversing it. Just living here? A desolate wasteland with only me traversing it.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Whodat – When you entered singles, that was really what motivated me to enter. I figured, this man has heart, so thanks.
You mean it wasn't my Lion's Roar that struck with the wrath of God?

haha and yeah I was really mad that I squandered such an amazing opportunity as LoZR's teammate [for the record, I didn't actually ask him.] and that it was mostly due to an SD that set the tone and...well I have a hard time shaking that off so that's ultimately my fault for not being able to bring it back...

gah.

anyway. some ****'s just happened today that's going to delay my having time to take care of the vids :(

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Tamillow – I’m fairly sure we played (I think you told me this was your name). Sorry, I’m really bad with names and faces, but if we did play, thanks for the matches. I’m grateful to play anyone new.
We played but only in the doubles tourney. Me and FaviD (Reptars on Ice) were you and schoolie's first match up...... Lucky us lol. I watched you play when I first got there but other than our tourney matches I dont think we got any friendlies. Hopefully we can sometime.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Nava... how far away are you from Old dominion?

Because, I'm pretty sure that Virginia Beach was right next door.

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Juan – It was great to have you in my pool cuz you’re too cool to be around. But you HAVE to go berserk with Falcon against me the same way you did against everyone else in our pool so I can experience it, unless you think it’s too hard to pull that off against me. Also, Pokefloats was a gay counterpick XD
I cant go berserk when people have good DI and put more pressure on me then i can on them. It causes me to try and play faster so i just mess up tech skill ultimately resulting in failure. If you remembe ryour fox vs my falcon, for example, it was just ****. I'll do my best next time to go berserk lol

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
yeah, but he's a big g@y who plays inconsistently with others
No way I'm the best Marth in the world.

And Juan if you could get more tech skill down you'd **** everyone.

EDIT: I play badly depending on what I did earlier that day. And I don't do that stuff before tournaments.

frenchfri

Smash Apprentice
Yo this is Favid

Cyrain - Man, you are way too good.
toasty - Awesome tournament, and we got in some good matches. Hopefully I'll be able to come to another one of your tournies sometime
Ether - Sooo... good lol. I was the guy playing Sheik in the first round of teams. I'd love to play you guys again sometime, but living in Fredericksburg makes playing other people difficult :ohwell:.
IV - Those were some awesome matches we had during the break. Good ****
CStick - I don't think I've ever been ***** by a Ganon quite that hard before lol.
Coreygames - Fun matches, your Samus is mad good
ndn - You were the Falcon player in my pool, right? (I hadn't gotten your name lol). Fun matches.
Schoolie Dee - Your Jiggs was so sick in teams. Good ****.
Caboose - Good job getting the venue, was just the right size. We had some really fun matches before the tournaments started, hope we play again sometime.
Twiddle - You can't call any character gay when you play Jiggs lol. Fun suff.
Darksyde - Those matches with you and the Ganon player you were teaming with were really fun, even if your hands were frozen solid lol.
Cinder - Fun matches, we need to meet up some time. Best way to get better is to keep playing!

Everyone else - Good **** lol

Top Bottom