• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Results of SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmx

Smash Lord
4 Snakes in top 20, two of them in top 10 is 'failing' now? He still had a stronger showing than any other character at this except MK and ICs.

:059:
Well technically it was 3 as Havok pretty much just went MK.

With that being said I completely agree.

Did everyone already forget that recent tourny where Fatal, who isn't even considered the top Snake, defeated Vinnie (second place at this), Nairo (Apex and Sktar highest US placing) and took Anti to game 5 last hit?

Last I checked a sub-par character shouldn't be able to do any of this.

Snake is no doubt still top 5 in the game.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake does well in atlantic north where everyone plays MK, falco, and ICs, shocker

and most top MKs(anti included) have lost to bad characters before, **** happens as much as people in this community act like MK is just short of being akuma

snake would be a solid #5 though after MK/ICs/Olimar/Diddy, he does well against those 4 characters and most of the other good characters, still though :pikachu::pikachu:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Meh, Snake's better than Diddy and even 5th is good enough to make talk about him being 'bad' sound quite dumb. For a character so many people claim to have been 'figured out' he still places very well and consistently.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Er, Diddy doesn't get Marth's sword jammed up his bootyhole to the hilt, or grab fondled by Pikachu to eletrocution. His bananas also score free reads/followups whereas snake has to work/predict quickly for most of his (including d-throw setups). Diddy > Snake overall, but just slightly imo.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
wat @ Froggy? RAIN's only losses in USA have been DEHF, Gnes, Ally, and other top level players lol. Only weird one is Krystedez, but shoutouts to Brinstar
How is that weird? I defeated him fair and square on the first neutral SV, lost to his falco on FD (shoutouts to Final Destination) and then he timed himself out on Brinstar against my Wario using META KNIGHT.

Dafuq clow XDD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Er, Diddy doesn't get Marth's sword jammed up his bootyhole to the hilt, or grab fondled by Pikachu to eletrocution. His bananas also score free reads/followups whereas snake has to work/predict quickly for most of his (including d-throw setups). Diddy > Snake overall, but just slightly imo.
Marth isn't even a bad MU for Snake. And Snake can beat Pikachu if he plays well ... Diddy can't beat MK <_<

Djent

Smash Champion
Wasn't Anther like 1-6 vs. Ally back in the day? :pikachubrawl: might still win the matchup, but ESAM makes it look easier than it actually is IMO. And I agree about :snakebrawl: vs. :marthbrawl: - the two great Mikes have lost to Snake(s) that are inferior to Ally's overall, which makes me think Ally just has a matchup problem. I think the matchup is probably even in reality.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Marth isn't even a bad MU for Snake. And Snake can beat Pikachu if he plays well ... Diddy can't beat MK <_<

I feel like I agree with you :( But ADHD is finally back and I hope he can change that....except when he fights Anti lol!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Well, the top level :diddy: players are good, but don't know the broken diddy things (like the infinite) so they beat everyone except :metaknight: and :popo:. On the other hand, us mid level :diddy: (who know the infinite and other broken diddy things) get stomped in bracket, but beat decent players in MMs :troll: so we can get wins, which makes :diddy: look awful.

Tl;dr Diddy is the 3rd best character, but we suck (other than ADHD and Gnes) so it looks as if :diddy: is bad.

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
only reason Diddy is higher than Snake is cuz we have a better MU spread against the more popular characters in tournaments than Snake, if every character was represented equally he'd probably be 5-7th

Keitaro

Well, the top level :diddy: players are good, but don't know the broken diddy things (like the infinite) so they beat everyone except :metaknight: and :popo::phone:
ADHD actually almost always beat Ice Climbers. He just hasn't entered in a while.

He beat Vinnie the last time he played him and their record is nearly 12-1 in favor of ADHD. Last time they fought ADHD won so bad that Vinnie completely switched characters lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OlQT6m_4nk

Keitaro

I still think ADHD can beat MKs. Recently he hasn't done so (regarding top MKs) but his losses were to M2K in 2 very close games that ADHD was in the lead most of the time and also Nairo. He also actually beat Nairo in a set 3-0 earlier this year but ADHD then lost the next 2 times they played.

The whole state of NJ wants him to come back and **** so we are all secretly putting him under training so he can win tournament again. His reign of beating M2K multiple times shall come again soon :D

theunabletable

Smash Lord
How is that weird? I defeated him fair and square on the first neutral SV, lost to his falco on FD (shoutouts to Final Destination) and then he timed himself out on Brinstar against my Wario using META KNIGHT.
To be fair, he did lose his lead in the last seconds from lava that appeared while he was in his special fall.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I wish everyone on swf/aib was as intelligent of a poster as Keitaro. The man knows his ****. Good **** Keitaro.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I hope ADHD makes his godlike return, I never get tired of watching him play lol.

Oh, and I wasn't disagreeing with you. He beats ppl I'd get destroyed by. I just wish I wasn't bad so he doesn't have to carry the :diddy: gauntlet alone :(

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Your forgetting :olimar: in top tier. He didnt do as well this tourney, but hes still been relevant otherwise.
I'm starting to wonder whether that's actually true. Olimar loses to MK and Ice Climbers, which alone makes matters more complicated. And with Falco performing as consistently as ever things aren't exactly becoming easier for Olimar.

Well, the top level :diddy: players are good, but don't know the broken diddy things (like the infinite) so they beat everyone except :metaknight: and :popo:.
Diddy Kong players lose to Falco, Olimar, Snake and Wario plenty. While MK and ICs are his only undisputed disadvantages I see him lose to those 4 characters just as much as to MK / ICs [if not *more often* than ICs, like in case of Diddy vs Snake].

crow95

Smash Cadet
MK, Diddy and Olimar are definetely Top Tiers and therefore, the Top3 chars in the game. Olimar is probably the weakest one of them, but looking at his MU spread and the results he usually has in Japan, he has deserved to be considered better than Falco/Snake/Diddy/Marth/Pika/Wario.
Im disappointed with the placings of the Olimars in SRT tho.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Glad to hear ADHD will return soon. :)

Diddy vs ICs is almost free, people just don't know the MU.

Only MU Diddy loses to is MK, but it's not bad at all and Diddy is def one of the best against MK still.

(ICs, Fox, Snake, Diddy, Falco are probably the best vs MK unless I'm forgetting someone)

Keitaro

Thanks Vinnie although I thought you were trolling for a sec haha (unless you are!)

On a side note Vinnie/ADHD are 1-1 this year with Vinnie destroying ADHD the time he won, which was very soon after ADHD got 7th at Apex. Have no idea what would happen when they play again but ADHD is normally a god at killing Nana due to b-throw/fair to spike bs.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Thanks Vinnie although I thought you were trolling for a sec haha (unless you are!)
I am not trolling

On a side note Vinnie/ADHD are 1-1 this year with Vinnie destroying ADHD the time he won, which was very soon after ADHD got 7th at Apex. Have no idea what would happen when they play again but ADHD is normally a god at killing Nana due to b-throw/fair to spike bs.
I beat him at concentrate 2 in november, and adhd beat me after he got 7th at apex.

If I played him again, I think I have the edge (9b/kakera showed me nanner stuff) but he has a chance of beating me. Also, however non-rusty he is will increase his chances of winning. If he becomes super on point again, I can see him beating me more often than not.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Besides, what MKs does ADHD lose to aside from M2K/Ally/Nairo/Anti?

Cause all 4 of those players are arguably best/top3 in NA XD

Keitaro

Thanks Vin :D

And crap at date incorrections. I was sure of that info. I gotta double check next time.

Was just thinking about how M2K 2-0ed Nietono at SRT solidly. Also how Vinnie's highest placing National was SRT which he was very close to winning.

Does Japan have an ICs problem? Which would make 9B being so great over there make more sense. Or is Vinnie simply > almost all of Japan? He beat almost every important person besides Nietono, SLS, and Hayase, all of which he never got to fight.

Also I'm beginning to think Apex 2013 results are going to be a toss up between Japan and America. After Apex 2012, SKTAR, SRT, and Whobo all I'm pretty sure Esam, Nairo, Ally, Vinnie will be in top 10 from NA and Otori, Rain, and 9B will be top 10 from Japan.

As for Europe.... :p Have a random feeling Luigi Player may have the best shot from EU (US has random Diddy issues) if not Mr. R. Or Leon if he keeps improving, but those are long shots lol.

Just some random thoughts!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Kinda irrelevant to the thread but I'm really liking EU's progress right now. Maybe it was just me not really paying enough attention to EU, but for a while, it seemed like non-EU people only cared about Mr.R, Leon and Glutonny.

Now it seems like Quik and LP are more or less on that same level. I hope all 5 of them come to Apex.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
To be fair, he did lose his lead in the last seconds from lava that appeared while he was in his special fall.
That's his own fault, and to be even fairer, if he had still used the last bit of tornado I could have still sh-u-aired him.

I even had time to taunt to make my point, I taunted right when he touched the lava lol.

LLDL

Smash Hero
M2K and Vinnie top 2 would have been the ideal results going to look into this thread.

Aerovistae

Smash Cadet
Did nobody record m2k vs Nietono??? I can't find it. In fact there are a few I'd like to see that I can't find; it seems they only recorded the top matches?

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Thanks Vin :D

And crap at date incorrections. I was sure of that info. I gotta double check next time.

Was just thinking about how M2K 2-0ed Nietono at SRT solidly. Also how Vinnie's highest placing National was SRT which he was very close to winning.

Does Japan have an ICs problem? Which would make 9B being so great over there make more sense. Or is Vinnie simply > almost all of Japan? He beat almost every important person besides Nietono, SLS, and Hayase, all of which he never got to fight.

Also I'm beginning to think Apex 2013 results are going to be a toss up between Japan and America. After Apex 2012, SKTAR, SRT, and Whobo all I'm pretty sure Esam, Nairo, Ally, Vinnie will be in top 10 from NA and Otori, Rain, and 9B will be top 10 from Japan.

As for Europe.... :p Have a random feeling Luigi Player may have the best shot from EU (US has random Diddy issues) if not Mr. R. Or Leon if he keeps improving, but those are long shots lol.

Just some random thoughts!
what do you think about mew2king and nietono at apex?

Keitaro

what do you think about mew2king and nietono at apex?
Nietono is actually supposed to quit Brawl now after SRT. Not sure if he'll actually quit, but he most likely won't be going to Apex.

Mew2King is a tough call. I honestly don't know what to expect from him anymore since he seems to have fallen into his Melee style of placing, where he does well at locals but doesn't do well or doesn't win at Nationals. I think M2K will get somewhere between 5th and 9th at the next Apex.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
the way he did play at srt amazed me a lot honestly. I actualy got motivation to imrove again thanks to him. I actualy wanted to quit(give up)

not to long ago I readed a lot of posts from him where he was talking about so much hate on him but I also hope he can see that there are players that he does inspire to play.

Djent

Smash Champion
Keep in mind that during M2K's most dominant periods in Brawl, he was actively *practicing* the game a lot. Not just showing up to tournaments and playing good people, but really hitting the lab on his own. You know, kind of like Vinnie's been doing for the past year now that he places really well. I really don't think this is coincidence - it really is the case that the people who win put in heavy work. And unless M2K is ready to do that again, other people will continue to surpass him.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
I said this so many times already, but amazing job Vinnie!! Thank you to all the Japanese players that took care of the Americans (even with the rumors of bad things happening). This was alot of fun to watch! America needs to step up to catch up to these guys!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That's his own fault, and to be even fairer, if he had still used the last bit of tornado I could have still sh-u-aired him.

I even had time to taunt to make my point, I taunted right when he touched the lava lol.
To be the most fair he lost due to an unforced error. It says nothing about you, just means he lost cause of himself, which I think was the point to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom