• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revealed: Piss-easy garantueed iDA & Ftilt Follow-ups

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Now, would this also work for Dtilt? I forget what Dtilt's deal is (I know if you do it one way, you crouch and then Dtilt, and the other way you just Dtilt, but which is which, and will this do the straight Dtilt?). I'd try but my family is hogging the TV.

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've pretty much mastered this... one thing that Z1GMA might want to make more clear: for the buffered Ftilt, you don't need to start AND end the "soft tilt" of the control stick during the 10 frame buffer period; you can do the soft tilt for as long as you want beforehand, just as long as you release the control stick (as well as press and release the A button) within the 10 frame buffer period.
Ye, that's true.

Now, would this also work for Dtilt? I forget what Dtilt's deal is (I know if you do it one way, you crouch and then Dtilt, and the other way you just Dtilt, but which is which, and will this do the straight Dtilt?). I'd try but my family is hogging the TV.

:034:
In Dtilt's case, it doesn't matter.
Gerudo -> Dtilt has always been easy for us to pull off.
It doesn't matter if you release the Control Stick, or not, when you Soft Tilt it down.

'Cause Soft Tilting down doesn't really make Ganon do anything by itself.
So, the game won't recon a distinct input, and therefor it doesn't screw up your buffered Dtilt either.

It's different when you Soft Tilt left/right after a Gerudo, 'cause it normaly makes Ganon walk slowly, and therefor the game translates it into a distinct input, which screws up your buffered Ftilt when the Gerudo Animation is finished, if you did *not* release the Soft Tilt left/right-command.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, it was just releasing the stick before the move was done, i.e. not accidentally buffering a walk instead of a FTilt. Also known about this for a while, didn't realize others didn't.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Lmfao I just realized I've been doing the Dash Attack on ten framers the whole time now :ohwell:

I've been dash attacking Mario out of sideB thinking he was a twelvy when all this time when he was in fact a tener.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Next thing we will discuss, what matchups where we will use iDA as our Choke damage dealer in place of D-tilt.

I know there are a lot of matchups where I think DA is very useful when used liberally as a damage dealer, so saving D-tilt for kills would be more practical there.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Next thing we will discuss, what matchups where we will use iDA as our Choke damage dealer in place of D-tilt.
Ye, we need to give that an extra thought.

I'd say:
C.Falcon
DDD
Ike
Charizard

And maybe:
ROB
Yoshi

Though, I think I'll use it Vs most light characters, too,
'cause I rarely save my DA for kills nowadays.
I use its range & speed for punishing.

We can always refresh our DA with Chain Choking & Pummeling.
After all, when it comes to refresh using pummeling,
Ganon has one of the most effective pummels in the game.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Lolwut?

soft tilting ftilt is what I've been doing this whole time. I thought that's what you had to do! :laugh:

But iDA with C-stick up is great news... and Usmash isn't even that bad of a thing to do as oki.

We need to communicate more. <.< You and me, Z1g.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
soft tilting ftilt is what I've been doing this whole time. I thought that's what you had to do!
Yes, and no.
I'm pretty sure most 'dorfs have been using Soft Tilting when they
Gerudo -> Ftilt.
With proper timing, it works great.
But if your timing is even the slightest off, it won't hit them if they buffer a roll, etc...

However, that's not the point, PK.
The point is to combine the release-method and the Soft Tilt-method.

Combined, they make an extremely easy and 100% garantueed Ftilt on the 10-framers,
every single time.

Just input the correct input, and Ganon does it all by himself thereafter.
Perfect timing isn't needed anymore.
It's like watching a movie :lick:

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Ftilt doesn't hit every characters 10 frames or higher. People like Pit or Zelda will just dodge it because of ftilt's high hitbox.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ftilt doesn't hit every characters 10 frames or higher. People like Pit or Zelda will just dodge it because of ftilt's high hitbox.
So iDA instead. We need to be FUing with iDA more.

Oh no, we staled our kill move! Only, y'know, every other move but Murder Rail, Gerudo, and our throws left.

Top Bottom