• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Dash to Ledge.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday I've been playing 64 as Fox against a Falcon on dreamland.
During the fight I knocked Falcon far enough and went for a hedgehog, yet he managed to get back on stage just before I reached the ledge, so I turned around to get ready to jump at him, but I kept moving the way I was running and slode of the stage right into a ledge grab.

Now I'm sorry if this is obvious to everyone else, but I never searched for any advanced techs in Smash64, or tried to look up any except the basic ones, so I don't know if it's common knowledge to everyone or if it's new.

Anyway, I've tested it later, and found out it wasn't a glitch, it's a Fox-only technique, no one else can pull this off, you need to run towards the ledge and tap change direction 2 steps from the ledge and you'll just slide off to a grab.

So yea, if it has been found, how is this called? And if it wasn't, then, good, I guess.
(Couldn't search for it because I don't know it's name so don't blame for that guys ><)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yes we know of this. The timing is fairly difficult though, so you don't see too many people doing it.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
i know it exists, but i never managed to pull it off. not even once. fail.

it doesnt work with anyother character right?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
i dont know if you can do this with all chars but i knwo you can do it with fox and falcon, anyone care to enlighten us by adding (or subtracting) to the list?

greenblob

Smash Lord
All characters can do it, but only Fox and I think Luigi can do this out of a full dash.
You pivot right next to the edge and during the turn around animation you will slide off, grabbing the ledge.
Read up on [wiki]edgehogging[/wiki].

Top Bottom