• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Jump-Canceled Up-Smash With Samus

Spammit

Smash Rookie
First off, I'm not new here, I just wanted to start a new account, so I'm not new to these forums or smash. Just getting that out of the way.

Anyway, while trying out the Reverse Jump-Canceled Up-Smash With Samus(thank you copy and paste) I noticed that you slide about twice as far as a normal sliding up-smash, plus it puts the powerful hitbox at the end in a much better position. I can't record it so you'll have to try it out on your own and if someone recorded it for me that would be appriciated. To do this, you dash in any direction, reverse direction, then immediatly jump and upsmash. I reccomend that you change jump to L,R or Z because you'll need to jump and use the c-stick at almost the same time.

P.S. If your on the Jiggy, PT, or Wario forums you'll notice I just about copy and pasted this. =p

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
So, is the point of this to be able to hit somebody with usmash while facing away from them? I dunno, it seems a little slow to me. About the speed of using utilt.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
The point is to get some extra distance as you're upsmashing. You'll still probably want to go at them face-forward. If he's right and it goes farther than a "normal" forward one it could be quite useful (haven't tested it myself). You just take one step away from someone then reverse it. The extra step does make it take a tad longer if they know what you're doing, but it also functions as a mindgame. Usmash is magic against sufficiently large characters. Yummie shields.

Top Bottom