• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse UTilt against aerial approaches.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I need your help, people with friends that live close to you and are willing to test stuff, to find out which aerial approaches can a backwards Utilt stop. Right now the only bowser I know that uses this is Vex, and honestly I think it's going to be essential in plenty of matchups.

Here's a(n incomplete) list of aerials. Simply test and give me a yes or no answer if it's any use. Some words about how easy/hard it is to time would also be great.

Bowser
- FAir:
- OverB:

Captain Falcon
- NAir:
- FAir: Yes
- Aerial DownB:

Diddy Kong
- BAir:
- FAir:
- DownB:

Donkey Kong
- BAir:
- NAir:
- B:
- OverB:

Falco
- BAir:
- NAir:
- DAir:

Fox

Mr. Game & Watch

Ganondorf

Ice Climbers

Ike

Jigglypuff

King Dedede

Kirby

Link

Lucario

Lucas

Luigi

Mario

Marth

Meta Knight
- DAir: Yes

Ness

Olimar

Peach

Pikachu

Pit

Pokémon Trainer

R.O.B.

Samus

Sheik

Snake

Sonic

Toon Link

Wario

Wolf

Yoshi

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's just turning the other way so your back is facing your opponent. Utilt makes an arc from Bowser's head to his tail.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Ok according to people who helped me out at the Metaknight boards, Utilt can stop MK's DAir. The timing is strict though.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I know bowser's utilt beats TL's dair if u time it well. But why would we use dair in the first place anyway?

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
For aerial approaches, I like to put up my shield for a few seconds then try to roll out of their attacks... by rolling I mean just moving backwards, since Bowser doesn't "roll".

But that's just the error of my ways, right?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
BTW, I forgot to tell you when I was testing the MK dair, it takes some good timing to get it to work. If you're just throwing Utilts out there when the MK short hops, he's going to be able to get in during lag. It's totally a viable counter, but it would take practice.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Lists like these are silly, they take a tremendous amount of work to produce and in the end it's just kinda misleading. Just learn how the priority system works in Brawl and then you should understand what situations you can use the up-tilt in.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Lists like these are silly, they take a tremendous amount of work to produce and in the end it's just kinda misleading. Just learn how the priority system works in Brawl and then you should understand what situations you can use the up-tilt in.
Isn't that what we're doing?

10uselessposts

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lists like these might give people ideas on how to counter things. A Bowser player might be having trouble with MK, see this list, and realize he has a counter to the Dair. Not everyone wants to test every single move against every single move, so why not just compile it all here on the boards?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Um there is no priority in regards to aerials. It's just whoever's hitbox connects with the other character first...

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Um there is no priority in regards to aerials. It's just whoever's hitbox connects with the other character first...

Not true, there is priority on aerials. For example, Falco's bair has a more extended hitbox than his nair, but the nair will cancel out MK's glide attack, while the bair won't.

Top Bottom