• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Review my Marth, please!

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
I see Upsmash on rob as a risky ofensive option.

Avoid those roll/spotdodge+upsmash from rob, I mean , work on you spacing.

Please, space well your recovery UpBs. Dont get nervous , you have plenty of time.

I wouldnt go out stage when rob is above me.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Thank you for the feedback. I'm thinking I should use Up-B out of shield against him. He doesn't see that coming fighting me. I'm also thinking of mixing up my Side-B. I could use more fairs, but not too much. Did you guys like the music? It's called Destiny Awaits No One from Soul Calibur II. It's my favorite song in the entire game. :)

Shök

Smash Champion
D-Tilt on the edge=No-No.
He will just punish you for your lag.

Use Nair more and make sure to chase him off the egde with Fairs and Nairs. This may not be very effective against R.O.B. but it works on others.

Work on your ledgehopped Dairs, you don't actually land on the edge... >_>

Takeshi245

Smash Champion

Use Nair more and make sure to chase him off the egde with Fairs and Nairs. This may not be very effective against R.O.B. but it works on others.

All right. I'll do that. I'll d-tilt if the opportunity comes so I can trip him and pressure him.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Marth's dtilt doesnt really trip. Like it may but chances are rare. You're better off using Dolphin Slash out of shield. Like when both of you were on your last stocks. There were several instances where if you used Dolphin Slash you would have gotten the kill and won.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

What's wrong with using dtilt when he is on the ledge? Obviously don't spam it four times in a row like he did, but it has IASA frames and is great for ledge camping.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Your DB should end with down so you can stab him multiple times and you can renew the knockback of the last hit if it was neutral.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Your DB should end with down so you can stab him multiple times and you can renew the knockback of the last hit if it was neutral.
The forward and up variation of DB is always a better option. The down combo is easy to get out of and you WILL get punished against a good player. Go for the for sure damage and use forward or up.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ya Steel, with down if its shielded you can get hit by an fsmash or something else since it takes a long time to pull off. And at the beginning you weren't gimping at all. do that more, I know ROB has beast-mazing recovery, but still, Marth can get kills by gimping a lot, maybe not against ROB, but it's a good skill to have.

IDK

Smash Lord
well i'm not sure because i don't know ALL about this... and it was in melee... but ken used b throw a lot... and the d tilt on the edge. yet i never understood why he did bthrow. i don't because of all the lag and no follow ups. on the other hand i don't think the d tilt has too much lag. good to follow up with fsmash. even drago does that.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Ya Steel, with down if its shielded you can get hit by an fsmash or something else since it takes a long time to pull off. And at the beginning you weren't gimping at all. do that more, I know ROB has beast-mazing recovery, but still, Marth can get kills by gimping a lot, maybe not against ROB, but it's a good skill to have.
That too, but the multi-stab is something that can be smash DI'd out of. THEN you get punished.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
You seem extremely hesitant to go off the ledge to edgeguard. Be aggressive offstage, make your opponent work hard to get back on. R.O.B. is good in the air, but approach anyways.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I haven't even watch the vid yet (I'll get around to it, but I want address a few things in this topic)

Dthrow > Bthrow. Deals more damage I think, has less lag I know.

Secondly, Dtilt is a good edgeguard if your opponent doesn't sweetspot the ledge. It hits them at a very favorable trajectory.

Third -> I used to never do this, but Down Dancing Blade is awesome:
A) If the spacing is right
B) If your opponent is spot dodging
C) If your opponent is shielding
D) As an edgeguard (OMG I just now remembered that I found out it hits you off the ledge months ago. I need to start using this again. Use it as an edgeguard sparingly.)

If your Dancing Blade comes out clean, then use the Forward ending to toss your opponent to start up the edgeguard. At low percentages, use the Up ending to start juggling some characters, and if it's not stale, at high percentages, use the Up ending to finish on stages that don't have retardedly high ceilings (coughcoughJungleJapescoughcough).

PROTIP: If you're having a difficult time finishing your opponent, grab them and start grab hitting the crap outta them until they break out. At high percentages, this should replenish your moveset fairly decently. It might even let you get an EASY kill with a normally stale Dancing Blade, EVEN with the forward variation.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I haven't even watch the vid yet (I'll get around to it, but I want address a few things in this topic)

Dthrow > Bthrow. Deals more damage I think, has less lag I know.

Secondly, Dtilt is a good edgeguard if your opponent doesn't sweetspot the ledge. It hits them at a very favorable trajectory.

Third -> I used to never do this, but Down Dancing Blade is awesome:
A) If the spacing is right
B) If your opponent is spot dodging
C) If your opponent is shielding
D) As an edgeguard (OMG I just now remembered that I found out it hits you off the ledge months ago. I need to start using this again. Use it as an edgeguard sparingly.)

If your Dancing Blade comes out clean, then use the Forward ending to toss your opponent to start up the edgeguard. At low percentages, use the Up ending to start juggling some characters, and if it's not stale, at high percentages, use the Up ending to finish on stages that don't have retardedly high ceilings (coughcoughJungleJapescoughcough).

PROTIP: If you're having a difficult time finishing your opponent, grab them and start grab hitting the crap outta them until they break out. At high percentages, this should replenish your moveset fairly decently. It might even let you get an EASY kill with a normally stale Dancing Blade, EVEN with the forward variation.
Sounds good. :) I'm taking in all the information you guys gave me. I'm surprised this thread has 2 pages. And takeyourlife2, there are no good Brawl players in my town and my parents aren't really interested in bringing me to tournaments in my state. Online's my best option. My connection with BO X7 is yellow, which I can deal with. Conclusively, I'll take your advice and be more aggressive when BO X7's off the stage. It's just that ROB's a good character against Marth since he has the advantage. I was being more careful, unlike my previous match with him that's still on Youtube. 3xswords, I'll use Dolphin Slash more. I'll use it if and only if I'm sure I'll hit him with it. I sure hope BO X7's not reading this thread. :laugh:

Top Bottom