• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
due to the events in the above thread, me n sneak are definitely making this trip. There is no longer any doubt.

**** has indeed gotten serious.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
y dont u just buy a plane ticket dont u win tourneys anymore? i havent been around so iono wats been gud in smash lately
Yeah but NC tourneys typically just pay for themselves+a couple smash fest trips(always 2-5 hour drives total so it eats up gas pretty well) so I've got a little extra money from TO6 but I don't know if that would be enough for the plane ticket or not.

There's that.....and parents. ugh

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
But i find that the better players [in teams] can dynamically play and sync themselves with their teammate.

Also, i know plenty of people who are very good in singles but suck *** in teams. There are also the rare people who are really good in teams but don't place well in teams.
Teams takes a completely different outlook on smash than singles.
Awareness vs Focus, that's where the difference plays most impact.

People who adapt quicker on an practical level rather than a systematic level will generally be better in teams. Usually people who play a more diverse and freewill style. This in turn can involve less 'technical' prowess as it's not as neccessary to have perfect DI or flawless pressure. More a mindset of anticipation.

You know... FU... SION...HAAA!

I think Sync > Skill when it comes to teams, but skill does matter, but so does SYNC. LIke "WOW MY PARTNER KNOWS WHAT IM GONNA DO BEFORE I EVEN KNOW IM DOING IT AND THEN HE REACTS WITH LIGHTNING SPEED TO FOLLOW UP AND THEN HE DOES SOMETHING AND I RANDOMLY DO SOMETHING AND HE GOES SOMEWHERE ELSE CUZ HE KNOWS I GOT IT"

Also rehearsing is good too. Like team combos. I want to have team combos. I love teams. <3
LMAO what does THAT mean???

I've teamed with ONE person ONE time who was better than me. It was friendlies with a local player against some of the best players from another region, and it was THE ONLY TIME in my ENTIRE SMASH LIFE that I felt I was NOT playing a 2 v 1. Simply because I didn't have to watch out for him. [will not mention names unless authorized lol]
We ****ing *****.

Before that and since then, I've only teamed with people that are...not good (1 person at their first ever tournament, 1 person that's just horrible, my bro who hadn't played for over 2 years) and every time, we nearly beat the teams that ended up winning, sometimes even winning or placing as high as 3rd, every time done well.

Synergy>>>Skill
Synergy is a form of skill, but they are in no way equals and cannot be compared.
People who think otherwise usually don't know what they're doing, hence they'll ask for better teamates.
This goes for everything from sports to groups projects at work.

If you can make a ****ty ****ing useless drummer in a band SOUND AMAZING, you're ****ing good.
Anybody can sound good with someone who's already ****ing amazing, it won't make a difference unless you understand wtf is going on too.
And it's rare, very rare.

Yes. It would be nice to talk to someone who finds teams as interesting as I do, and not just "hey who wants a teammate?"

I think we should all be more open to which ever smasher when it comes to teaming, that way we can find our special team mate <3

It is a little disspointing to play with someone not as skilled as you, but we can probably learn from that, and work around it. I don't mind.
A good teamate can always do well for the team, no matter how good your teamate is.
How well you do as a team is affected by both, but how good your teamate does will have little to do with how well YOU do.
You're just linked. :D

About that thing "it's difficult to team with people worse"
So it's tough for Mango to team with anyone?
LOL jkz

It's just an art that lacks artists is all.
Teaching is often the best way to learn.
Teaming with a noob, if anything, can be like that, at worst.

Edit: BTW, I absolutely suck **** at smash and play less than once a month.

:)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Yeah but NC tourneys typically just pay for themselves+a couple smash fest trips(always 2-5 hour drives total so it eats up gas pretty well) so I've got a little extra money from TO6 but I don't know if that would be enough for the plane ticket or not.

There's that.....and parents. ugh
oh thats suks then do wat u gotta do

PEEF!

Smash Hero

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If i come i wanna spark a L with some nigggas.

Whos down.

I know Zro and White Mike are :)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
***** im getting there in Melee LOL.

Ask D1.

My Falco got no tech-skill but i dont need that ****.

STR8 ****.

Linguini

Smash Master
I always liked the idea of like the original crews(h2yl, ninja turtles, etc.). Like 3v3 or 4v4 persons crews with madd hype.

I'm starting this up now. Myself, Colbol, Chops, and one more person vs anyone for a minimum of $3 per person.

MM us *****s!!

LLDL

Smash Hero
I don't mind regional crews being on day 1, but all draft crews should be after singles. What if the champion is someone new? He or she should deserve to be in the crews lol.

rhan

Smash Hero
OMFG!

A Greyhound bus is only like at max $100 from VA Beach to NY...

My chances to go to this have greatly increased... Now... about that housing situation? :D

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
yo, this tournament needs to hurry up and happen, im mad broke and i needa take scrubs $$$

edit : when was the last time a regional was only 10$ entry fee, wtf is that ****? how am i supposed to make $ with that???

Alukard

Smash Hero
I always liked the idea of like the original crews(h2yl, ninja turtles, etc.). Like 3v3 or 4v4 persons crews with madd hype.

I'm starting this up now. Myself, Colbol, Chops, and one more person vs anyone for a minimum of $3 per person.

MM us *****s!!
hmmmm ... *scratches beard like an old martial arts master*

I don't mind regional crews being on day 1, but all draft crews should be after singles. What if the champion is someone new? He or she should deserve to be in the crews lol.
tournament should always be handled first so all the extra time can be for anything and everything people want LOL =]

I really hope regional crews happen.

I have faith in my man alu to make it work.
i'm trying mah dude ... if we get nearly as much set ups as apex i'll be good but its not looking too hot i still need maddd set ups =[

Main event at rom... nando vs yay $10 MM
definitely not ... main event is going to be day 2 during brackets!!! =]]]] i can't wait ^_^

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I'm probably going to be flying up to this, so could anyone get me a ride from the airport to the venue/housing (probably flying in Friday, not confirmed) and then back to the airport on Sunday/Monday?

I'm definitely planning on going, but the days I get there and leave are entirely dependent on what housing/rides I can get from people. I'd definitely be willing to put up for gas etc, hit me up if you can help =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom