• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
How many total entrants were there?
somewhere around 163-170

i heard 163 somewhere... and i think prog rounded to 170 during his play by plays

mad props to prog; play by plays since around 2pm... that's like 10hours straight

don't think he left for food or washroom ever

unless it was the time when others took over for <5 min

BBQ°

Smash Champion
*On the other side of winners, M2K beats Chops/Jman 2-0 in quarters. If Chops, he kills himself on the last game. If Jman, he just gets *****. Standard stuff.
*The next round, Dr PP seems to have caused a huge upset on M2K, beating him 3-1. Mew2king uses Marth the first match and wins pretty convincingly. The 2nd and 3rd match, PP wins. M2K loses confidences and switches to Sheik and loses game 4. However, this isn't as big of an upset as people think, because M2K is slowly fading out as a Melee player.
*Dr PP beats Hbox 3-2. Dr PP has been talking to DruggedFox and JesiahTEG over AIM about the Puff matchup. He also took my solid advice of playing more like a brawl player against Puff. Hbox has been very busy with school and has not had time to study the Tipped Off 6 tournament videos, whereas Dr PP studied those matches like a champion.
My predictions from Saturday.
GET SOME ******

Rikana

Smash Champion
LOL. Mango makes an extra $240 without even trying. He's that ****ing good. He would always find a way to get into the finals even if its like indirectly - like tripping on the wire cords which lead to unplugged GCs.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
just got home
good **** rhan, i mean dr pp
send me a pm so i can pay you out, i dont feel like reading through this thread to find your post
i also got a proposition for you if you're interested, if not i'll gladly pay out

strawhats

Smash Master
Anybody got any camera vids or something to upload? Crowd reactions maybe? Lol now I'm hyped as **** just to watch something.
yep PBNJ took camera action all day every day...pretty sure on that.

congrats to my boi PP...as sad as it was to watch m2k lose his cool it was **** watching you get off.

also good **** m2k for beating hbox.

Im glad i went to this...it was sooo hype.

I'll do shoutouts later.

rhan

Smash Hero
HBox had some RoM moments recorded and posted up on Facebook throughout the day.

I think I just got him like 200 friend requests...

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
A little bit more of results....I'm pretty sure MacD got 9th, Mango definitely got 9th, RockCrock got 13th I believe, and HMW got 17th. Eggm also got 9th though I have no clue who he went through in LB. Tope got 25th I think.

No clue who Vanz beat in losers but I know he lost to KK in Winners. Darc beat MacD got 9th and then lost to Hbox in Puff dittos.

EDIT: Also posting to say congrats to Dr. Peepee. I knew you could do it man, and I was rootin for you the whole time. This much closer to becoming the best in the world now, show the world why you are PP and keep stackin it up =). Congrats as well to M2K, when I heard he was up 4 to 1 vs Hbox game 2 on DREAMLAND I think I **** myself then and there. You're much more capable than you think of yourself and the smash community is glad you could make it here even if you didn't win.

All in all, sounds like a great tournament!

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
My first tournament was ****ing amazing. Thank you Alukard and everyone else involved, TOs and players. This community is the best.<333

Shoutouts:

PP: You're beast dude. Wayyy too good, even though I hate Falco. :p Congrats on winning.

M2K: Sloppyyyyy :( You ***** so hard anyways... shake the rust and the next Grand Finals are all yours.

KK: I'm deff a fanboy now... you're soooo good. So hyped when you took a set from PP. I wish my Sheik was half as good as yours.<3 Sorry we didn't get to MM. :/ I'll let you **** me and take my money next time. Good ****.

Chops: ***** us in teams pools pretty hard... one of the best Falcos in the world no doubt. You're a mad chill dude tho, & good **** in brackets.

PB&J: One of the nicest dudes I met for sure. Gave me and EnV teams tips. :D Your Fox is madddd good. Deff gotta **** us in teams again sometime. ggs.

Diesel: Your Ganon is tighttttt, ****. You would've ***** me hard if I wasn't Sheik. ^_^ ggs, hope to play you again.

macD: ***** us in teams pools. you're a beast. ggs!

Animal: Your Fox is mad good, keep working on it. gg whooping us in teams pools.

ROOR: You're a lot better than me haha. ggs in teams pools.

Hbox: Disappointed a fanboy. :( You'll win next tourney.

Mango: I wish you would try.<3

Husband & Wife: Learned a lot from getting ***** by you guys in teams friendlies... your teamwork is seriously ridiculous. ggs.

DJ Nintendo: You 3stocked me. With Bowser. Holy **** you're good. Hope to play you a lot more in the future, ggs.

-

Again thank everyone for making my first tournament one of the best weekends of my life. I had so much fun and learned a ton. This community = <3333333333333

rhan

Smash Hero
How did you go 2 years without going to a tourney? lol

My first tourney was like.. a month before I joined SWF.

But good **** nontheless.

strawhats

Smash Master
also congrats to KK for being so ****, definitely took the crowd pressure like a man.

Swift, thnk you soooo much for the ride home. (glad to see you again and hope you **** next national)

mango trolling the world when he trpped over the power cord and then bet money on pp. too good son (mad i didnt get to play you, but lucky is a consolation prize)

i'll do more shoutouts later.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?

My first tournament was 1.5 years after I joined SWF. Also just curious, what was the proposition Brian had for you? Just wondering. I actually thought Brian was going to win the bet but then I got owned. Good job, Dr. PP.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
I'm giving up my Pound 5 registration (because I can't go anyways). I paid $30 for it and was planning on selling it for that much. Figure I might as well cut out the middle man and transfer it to someone who can go and get me out of this $30 debt.

I think it wasn't a bad bet. I thought KK and M2K both were capable of beating Dr. PP (and I think the bet was before he played Hungrybox, but I didn't think HBox was at 100% this tournament). Seemed like decent odds figuring he had to beat KK then win two sets against M2K (who sounded like he was playing really well).
It's the kind of thing I'd take again in the right situation, I was pretty confident I would make $30.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover

Thanks. :D I didn't have a liscense until like half a year ago, and was broke as hell till like 3 months ago lol. RoM3 deff hyped me to go to madddd tourneys in the future, tho.

rhan

Smash Hero
A Pound 5 registration of Melee Singles+Doubles. He told me he was pretty much going to sell it off for the same amount anyway plus I got a few friends in my region wanting to go but won't have funds anytime soon and since the reg price increases each month this is pretty much good for them.

Also I never doubt my boy Peepee. FIrst time I played him was my first OoS tourney to NC. And I knew he was just destined for greatness.

Peepee. <3

Edit: Ninja'd 700 times cuz I type slow..

Also F8 good job bro. I love this community. <3

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i remember telling pp he was maddd underrated back in 08 and now hes literally the ONLY person i have ever talk to that actually did what he said he was going to do. Be a top player.

Oracle

Smash Master
I am so unhappy that I missed the stream. Probably my two favorite smashers (KK and PP) make top 3 and I missed it. I wish I could have seen PP stack it up all over m2k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom