• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 4 prediction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What are you prediction for this years Revival of melee? Who's getting top 1-5 -6-10? Will the curse be broken this year? What are your thoughts? Why has this thread not been made already???

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
PP Wins unless mango tries.

Not tryhard mango = 1. PP 2. M2k

Tryhard mango = 1. Mango 2. PP 3. M2k

has m2k been putting in real training for this?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm really interested to see how good M2K gets now that Brawl's being phased out due to the Metaknight ban. He could have been much better at melee this whole time without the distraction. But he also said he didn't love the game any more so there's that.

Here;s hoping Mango actually tries though.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Top in no order should be.

DRPP
Mew2king
Mango
OverTriforce
Jman

I'll be really happy if Niko breaks top 5 in top 5 in place of Jman though.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
PP easily. Mango's decided he's not trying but he'll probably still get high, competition's not exactly steep, relatively speaking.

If mew2king puts on a ****ing show then it'll probably restore my faith in Melee. Sincerely.

Hadster

Smash Cadet
How has no-one mentioned Chillindude829?

Wake up guys, he's gonna breakthrough soon...he's getting top 5 at this

Also, Groom Blue got teams.

And Mangos got that falcon

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
PP prolly beats tryhard Mango anyway by now.
Youre on the more reasonable side of the PP bandwagon but still wrong.

PP knows i have nothig but respect for him but ive said it for a while, mango is the best player to ever pick up a controller. Period.

And no chillin is not getting top 5.

:phone:

Warhawk

Smash Lord

PP knows i have nothig but respect for him but ive said it for a while, mango is the best player to ever pick up a controller. Period.

I feel like Mango has actually gotten worse though than he was a few years ago, in addition to people catching up to him.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
mango hasnt gotten worse look at his spacies now and compare them to his old videos ull notice a big difference

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice

I guess if Mango actually played seriously we'd find out. Sigh :(

Personally, although I can't say for sure, I just think PP's been looking a lot more solid than Mango over time.

Although I can't prove it, from what I've seen I just think PP can pull it off. I know I'm likely wrong, but whatever, that's what my gut tells me.

I could try to explain why, but it'd just be theory so it's not really worth anything. I do feel though, that no one really has proof that Mango is better either aside from "knowing so". The guy just makes it impossible to know because he never ever plays "seriously", or there's always some explanation to what happened that everyone just eats up. Like Mango would actually admit he was scared IF he was. (Not saying he is, just IF)

That's just an example, btw. Not gonna debate the whole "why is he not going tryhard", but I do not think there's been a challenge quite like PP that Mango has proven he can time and time again defeat. I think they seem pretty equal as far as friendlies and tournament has gone, all the arguments that he'd beat PP (and vice versa) are just as much feelings as me saying PP would beat Mango.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
saying mango is still the best seems to be mango biased. Now I am not saying you r wrong about this, just that atm who is the best is clearly up for grabs between 3 people dr.pp being one of the 3. so imo even if mango were to try hard pp could still take this. but with the thought mango is not going to try hard pp for sure #1

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I am most certainly mango biased. Just like people who think pp is better are PP biased.

i guess that is true but i dont have biased for anyone. I really do think the top 3 r all really close atm and ether one could be considered the best. I understand people having a fav and rooting for a certain player but i dont understand having player biased.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
I think there's evidence supporting both Mango and PP, and if you take a side you are basically theorising, so picking a side might be a bit biased imo. The real neutral answer should be "I don't know".

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I am most certainly mango biased. Just like people who think pp is better are PP biased.

I think there's evidence supporting both Mango and PP, and if you take a side you are basically theorising, so picking a side might be a bit biased imo. The real neutral answer should be "I don't know".
So much stupidity that it hurts my brain.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
Both sides have some measure of evidence, so picking one is inherently biased?

Eurgh, stop.
Maybe biased is the wrong word, then. My point is, I think the "evidence" on either side is mostly opinion, picking one is difficult and requires a lot of "faith", I guess.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
Like three hours ago mango and PP were playing falco ditto friendlies, most of the time mango was 1-2 stocking PP but PP did win a good amount.

That's cool! Care to go into more detail? You saw them personally?

Sorry for double post.

crush

Smash Master
That's cool! Care to go into more detail? You saw them personally?

Sorry for double post.
Yeah I watched them for like a bit more than half an hour. They also played a lot earlier in the day before teams started and lots of people were watching then but I wasn't one of them. Also the guy who's making the smash bros movie was next to me recording some of the matches.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I watched them for like a bit more than half an hour. They also played a lot earlier in the day before teams started and lots of people were watching then but I wasn't one of them. Also the guy who's making the smash bros movie was next to me recording some of the matches.

Sounds awesome. So they were going pretty even with Mango slightly ahead so far? Think Mango will try against PP if they meet in bracket at least? XD (Since I guess the chanes are slim he'll go tryhard against anyone else)

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Mango always plays well in seriouslies. Bracket performance is all up to whether he enjoyed breakfast or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom