• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 4 prediction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Smash Hero
PP and Armada are in a league of their own
they're on a whole different branch of the tree than mango is
and I think their branch extends further

t3h Icy

Smash Master
PP and Armada are in a league of their own
they're on a whole different branch of the tree than mango is
and I think their branch extends further
I like this idea and agree. Mango has never really been one to abuse characters to their absolute limit (think of his Puff compared to Hungrybox), but he's so much smarter than almost every player.

PP and Armada are character abusers though.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
If PC Chris is going he's breaking top 5. just watch.
i believe in PC, but sadly PC is only attending day 1 (pools and not bracket ) :/

I like this idea and agree. Mango has never really been one to abuse characters to their absolute limit (think of his Puff compared to Hungrybox), but he's so much smarter than almost every player.

PP and Armada are character abusers though.
100% agree with this
he wont even chain grab spacies when he goes marth

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Go back and rewatch mango at genesis 2 everyone. Seriously, you guys need to remember how good mango is.

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
But when you watch Mango at G2, watch his Falco. His Falco is infinitely sexier, cooler, and more effective than his Fox. Juuust saying. :)

On a serious note...Peepee will take RoM. No question about it at all.

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah, because his Fox was being very unattractive, uncool and inefficient in LFs and GFs.

... wait.

@RoM
If they play Marth dittos, PP will stomp Mango. If Mango actually goes tryhard and they play Falco dittos or Falco vs Fox it should be really tight. Kinda leaning on Mango winning it, though.

Who am I kidding? GFs will be M2K vs Over. Hype!!!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, because his Fox was being very unattractive, uncool and inefficient in LFs and GFs.

... wait.
You would reference those two sets. I would argue that Mango's Fox was inefficient in GFs (this is clear to see). And I never said his Fox was being unattractive or uncool. Only that his Falco is better at those things. But I'm biased. :)

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
After watching Over just go off in pools, I think he has a solid chance of making it to top 3. In terms of the PP/Mango/M2K debate, I think with mango going marth, we'll have a rematch of RoM3 GF with M2K and PP playing, which PP will win. I think Mango will get knocked out if he plays M2K in brackets, simply because he is going marth.

S l o X

Smash Champion
nando irish mafia niko otg (potentially) bolt etc are all gonna do pretty well. unless they get bracket ****ed and even then . . . THE UPSETS WILL HAPPEN.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
okay so

M2k plays Marth

Mango says he's going Marth

PP says he'll go Marth against Mango's Marth

Looks like OverTriforce has the easiest bracket in history :troll:

Varist

Smash Lord
Not really. There's not much to practice with Marth, it'll just be more Mango footage to study. About Mango. Not about Marth. imo

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I guess that's a better way to put it. But Mango plays Marth differently than most other Marths. So either some Marths will start to play Mangoish, or it'll just be how Mango plays as a whole.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I've been cheering for Teczer0 since singles started, he's definitely gonna place high. OT has like the worst bracket lol, and Tec0 beat Tope in winners and made it to quarters.

I'll say PP will beat Mango, too.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I definitely expected a much closer set count than 6-1...wow...fine. He's proved it, at least against Peepee. So it looks like it's only Armada, for the moment...

Wow...I am legitimately shocked...Mango...we're never catching up...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My predictions
1. Mango
2. Dr. Free Free
3. Mew2King
4. Jman
5. Kage
5. Hax
7. Teczero

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I definitely expected a much closer set count than 6-1...wow...fine. He's proved it, at least against Peepee. So it looks like it's only Armada, for the moment...

Wow...I am legitimately shocked...Mango...we're never catching up...
Well it's not like he stopped playing the game completely. He just took a break from the tournament scene so maybe it wasn't so hard to get to his best again.

Armada vs Mango at Apex should be something special. My money is on Mango taking it though.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I hope m2k seriously starts training again

watching him play LFs made me realize banning MK was the best thing for Melee right now since Melee needs him again

I'm from NC and I was rooting for M2K and Mango over PP XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom