• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival Of Melee!!! Nanuet, NY March 7th and 8th

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Really good tournament!

My few shoutouts-

Scar (I think you made pools) - I haet u xD Good games though, I don't think I'm maining falcon I enjoy watching you and I see you exert a lot of effort all the time, I only do sometimes and I find it really hard to keep that intensity up in myself I think I'm switching my main... ggs.

PC Chris- thanks so much for housing I really needed it that night I wouldn't have come without it, we still didn't get to play LOL thanks so much again

SPAWN- Stall all day. It was great meeting you. We make a really good team, I mean really **** good! We should team at mass madness' and ****. Awesome stuff.

Kwan - mmmm that DK. Get in touch with me so we can play sometime!!!!

Kage - good **** LOL

i dunno any other shoutouts ill do more if i remember

good shi

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
This was the hardest tournament in the history of Smash. Just look at results. So many epic matches. The ending was mad lame though, and everyone there knew it. Next time Jason, use Kage's attitude, that of the warrior!

Alukard-Awesome tournament man, but we NEED to find a different place for next time. Nice talking to you, you're a cool guy (even if you are homo for me and my eyes ;) )
Shminkledorf-you suck in teams LOL jk. I had a ton of fun hangin with you this weekend. Welcome back to melee *****! KFC posters FTW! HOT SAUCE!
Spawn-so you're pro now, there's no denying it. good **** my man!
Hazz-thanks for the housing brotha! Good **** beating Drephen! I got your back son!
Reno-Remember that time I said "pretend he's POF!" during crews, remember that?! HAHAHA what a jerk! You are too cool though. And I was in tears from your commentary.
Scar-You're my favorite TO ever. Amazing work this weekend(even though you added thumbs to my pool last minute which knocked me out of brackets grrr lol it's okay he deserved it), we are all indebted to you for making this event run perfectly. Good **** in brackets!
Swift-great seeing you again man, good work this weekend. EWF next time for real.
PC-These kids might be faster now, but don't go thinking they're faster than you bro, there's only one PC. Good **** man.
Cort-good **** on 9th. Dam Pikachu!
Kage- you are the best Ganon in the history of Smash. Tipman ain't got **** on you, and that is saying something. Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Jiggly, and Falcon have all gotten rediculous over past 2 years of Smash, and for you to take Ganon to this(the most stacked tourney ever) and get 5th is nothing short of legendary. Good fcuking **** Warrior!
Axelslam-I broke my white castle cherry, and I guess it was worth the experience....but it wasn't very special.
Wife-great seeing you again, nice suit!
G$-you are like Azen in teams, seriously like the best Marth in teams I've seen in like a year. Dayum!
Mango-ugh. You are too fukcing good. Can't wait for Genesis. Hope your mom is feeling better!
M2K- get some booze in you or something next time. stop being so nervous about mango, he's just a fruit, juice that mawfuka next time whi'cho skillz!
DaShizWiz-thanks for the epic match vs. M2K, we'll be watching that **** for years to come. *pound*
Vanz- good pools match, almost had you. Maybe next time. good ****.
Grey Fox-you were mad nervous, i could tell. Just relax next time, you've got skill enough to win.
Diaz-read above ^

I gotta go to work now, i'm sure I could shout out to most everyone who went. Good **** to all of you.
This was epic.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Stop talking about CoT4 :(

Why are Brawl-only ppl seriously coming in here and trash talking this for attendance?

Sure its not as big as top Brawl tourneys, the numbers show it, but its still impressive and shows growth. I mean like, I went to a Brawl monthly this day (cause of $) and there were like 90 people... for a monthly lol.

Still, the hype for this grew in a very small amount of time. Besides the fact that the TOs were awesome, this also just shows how awesome the Melee community is. They don't complain, they're all willing to help out, they bring TVs, they get their matches done fast lol. I'm surprised it was all finished in one day. Awesome job.
I can't wait for CoT5, Melee only lol.

I wish I got to see some of the top matches. Mango beating M2k? Wow. Kage with 5th place? Wow. ULTIMASCOUTS LINK!? ****!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Please tell me that vids will be posted :3 I'm so annoying with these comments XD I just didn't get to see anything. I was so distracted on Sat. =( anyway CONGRATS ON THE TOURNY ALU! I hope there will be more of these!

Alukard

Smash Hero
Thank you all for the positive comments ...

but i think we can all agree ... 150+ with only about a month of notice ... thats huge ... and if i would have had more time to advertise we would have broke a world record ... thank you melee fans from all over !!!! =]

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Alukard, I really liked the ruleset you used for this tournament. It was amazing. I'm using that for my next tournament whenever I have it.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Is there a bracket???
yea there is ... i'm getting to that lol ...

scar still hasn't gotten back to me he is probably still asleep lmfao ...

well i'm goign to post the brackets pic in a few seconds

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Thumbs, I actually went in here ready to double post, then I saw your post and was like awesome.

Nice job Alukard. Freaking Scar LOL.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
lawl at brawl heads.....

great tourney guys. sry for pushing you kornnnnnn and hi canada, and thx for eric for the ride.

Drephen ur still my hero =)

get at spain showin up to genesis

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Yo M2K going to Genesis. He better.

That's like free money right there if it's gonna be big.
Whether he's in 1st or 2nd, shoot. . . or even 3rd. He could make bank. This his hustle. :laugh:

Anyway. . .
Lil' dude Mang0 came here to the EC and ran it, (So Props) but Jay gon' do it right back,
like attacks from the Empire and strike back.
Take that back to they home turf--straight massacre,
they gon' have to call the county sher'ff. (Feel me?)

Still EC weeps, while in Cali, they sleep.
He coming like a thief in the Night
and like Jesus, Save the saved, by fierce of might,
They're gonna be feeling this fight alright. . .

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
u dont get it.
No you don't get it. You come in here telling amazing melee players that their game is "failing" when there are currently very hype and large tournaments for both games. Sure brawl might have a few numbers on melee, but overall my question to you is who the **** cares?

As far as I'm concerned I don't like it when melee players come into brawl threads saying stuff like "lol brawl is bad", and to my joy it seems to have been diminishing in frequency recently. Then I see you come in here and essentially hear you tell people that love this game that they should move on to a game that is in their opinion, not fun? I don't see what the point of this is. The games are coexisting just fine as it stands and there is no reason for anyone to have to "move on".

Personally I'm a brawl player, I only played melee casually back in the day and I got into competitive brawl when it came out. Even so, I have recently found a love for melee, probably one that is greater than for brawl. In my opinion, the game is quite simply more fun. Stop the bull**** melee vs brawl debates, it's pointless as we've seen that both games can and do coexist.

In other news, good **** Kage! You ****ing ****.

I.B

Smash Lord
this tourney was tooooo good

Can't believe Mango pulled it off again...wow. GJ Mango!

Leacero

Smash Lord
I would post shout outs, but my professor decided that it would be smart to have my homework due tomorrow along with a midterm. Time to step up my academic game. :(

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Are there any vids of finals up, yet?

Good **** Kage ! And grats to Mango for beating M2K, can't wait to see those videos. =)

Btw: Loved the MM of shiz and mango, haha.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Did it once,

DID IT AGAIN.

Ahh ****

=D
<3

zhu ...

sry i played sooo terrible vs u in bracket ... my pools matches with u were 10x better and amazing lol

TO johns are pretty legit ... i hope ... lol ... i really didn't get friendlies till day 2 ... and i still didn't get to play you

Alukard

Smash Hero
OK DOUBLES ARE UP!

SORRY FOR THE DELAY ... ALSO I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE AiB AT ALL SO IF SOMEONE DOES LET ME KNOW THANKS =]

D

Deleted member

anyone who went to this knows that no brawl tournament will never be as fucking jacked as this was. the fun levels are not comparable. sorry.

Top Bottom