• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Oh, sweet Gods. RoM was my first. Clearly, I have to go to this one.
I'll show up. And be like, "Zomg, this is just like last time, but without KDJ." And, then I'll get MORE pros to sign my case. :D

If I can make it (good god, it's gonna cost me a lot), I'll bring a Cube, a copy of Melee, and MAYBE a TV, if I feel like lugging one over a large distance. It'd be really sick if I got housing for this. I don't wanna drive back to MA and then to NY again. >.<!

Right. Hopefully, I'll have some spare cash, or a job, and then I'll be there. If not... I will cry very much.

~Omni~

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
LOL You can't reduce the % of alcohol in the drink by mixing it with something.
Unless that something is like.... anti-alcohol

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
What? Yes you can. You're diluting the mixture... by adding something that has no alcohol in it, the percent of alcohol in the new drink will clearly be less.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
LOL You can't reduce the % of alcohol in the drink by mixing it with something.
Unless that something is like.... anti-alcohol
You can't reduce the total quantity or alcohol, but like macman said, the percentage goes down.

Lets do some math.

1 shot of pure alcohol plus 4 shots of water equals 1/5==20% alcohol.

1 shot of this mixture with 4 shots of grape drank ==.2/5 == 4% alcohol. Which is less than a beer XD.

What is our highschool education coming to. **** drunken minors. :D

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Dilution doesn't change the amount of alcohol in the drink. I mean, after all, if a drink is 80 proof, adding water to it isn't gonna suddenly make the bottle 78 proof.

All you do is change the amount of alcohol per volume. A glass that's one part pure alcohol and one part water will obviously be 50% alcohol in the glass, but that doesn't change the fact that the pure alcohol is pure alcohol. Changing that would require a chemical change of some kind.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Dilution doesn't change the amount of alcohol in the drink.
true

I mean, after all, if a drink is 80 proof, adding water to it isn't gonna suddenly make the bottle 78 proof.
false

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_proof

proof is about alcohol/volume. if you increase the volume of the drink without adding any alcohol, the proof goes down.

All you do is change the amount of alcohol per volume. A glass that's one part pure alcohol and one part water will obviously be 50% alcohol in the glass, but that doesn't change the fact that the pure alcohol is pure alcohol. Changing that would require a chemical change of some kind.
well, actually, it does change the fact that it's pure alcohol. it's not like each drink has only 1 type of molecule and you have to chemically bind them to make a new drink with lower proof.

I'm not really an expert on this matter exactly, but I'm 99% sure that like, beer has a whole bunch of different molecules that make it up and that the alcohol molecules in it are the same as in other, stronger, drinks, there's just fewer of them overall in the beer.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Are there gonna be any discounts for set ups? I don't care either way but if not you should make it clear alu, don't want a ****storm like last time...

Get at this...the AA thread for smash boards LOL...

(Underage drinking ftw.)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
counting on others lead to a pre-monthly john

good try
pre-monthly?

what does that mean? Like a john that's way in advance?

I mean, I'm relying on other people to get me to this, I have no car, and since I'm a student, I don't have money to throw at like amtrak and other ****.

If all else fails, I think Chivalruse can borrow his parent's car.

I will be there goddammit, and Wendel, we will play at least one match where you don't sandbag. You sandbag even when you're losing lol.

strawhats

Smash Master
This **** should be live streamed. I hope pound get live stream. Someone make sure the venues have internet connection... plz( Just in case i cant go) ... ill try. Would not want for the same bull**** to happen like no live stream at Genesis.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
it says wobbling twice

EDIT:
This **** should be live streamed. I hope pound get live stream. Someone make sure the venues have internet connection... plz( Just in case i cant go) ... ill try. Would not want for the same bull**** to happen like no live stream at Genesis.
the first "ROM" streamed it, and it's at the same place

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'll change the name people ... as soon as the hype video is released ... the things i have planned are too good =]

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm hyped for this. Can't wait. MattDotZeb, we gotta get them re-match falco dittos. 2 years has done alot for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom