• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I'm going to try to convince Nacho to pick up Ice Climbers, knowing him he'll master the infinite, and it will be some good practice vs Icy's. He sems kind of pissed still though. It can be his perfect trump card vs Falco and DDD.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
And you need to practice your Luiginess. I hope Luigi doesn't stink vs ZSS bad fights because honestly I still have a reason to doubt that you ever need to use a second in a tournament, your ZSS is just way much better than any other char you play and it doesn't seem like a good idea even if you're making it a much better match-up.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
You already are pretty good with him. Just have to read about him and know everything about him like you do Zero Suit.

Against me, you kept tipping me with F-smash in really awkward aerial positions Broly. I was like ... O.O

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
this tourney was funnnnnnnnn, thanks to:

vorguen : for letting us play melee on one of the setups when brawl doubles started

broly: for buying me a combo meal after i beat axle in a set lolllllll

pax: for playing about 200 friendlies with me in melee,

and vorguen my hands are still shaking from our set last night, snake is goooodddd

Broly

Smash Lord

vorguen : for letting us play melee on one of the setups when brawl doubles started

and vorguen my hands are still shaking from our set last night, snake is goooodddd
haha, srry i didnt play more melee man, i was a little tired from not sleeping enuff. but next time 4sure ell play more.

Vorguen

Smash Champion

Yeah I know, you finally beat me 2-1 but each three of those were freaking intense. If only Snake wasn't so bad vs DDD lol. Oh well, I had a bunch of fun, now I know that vs Shady I need to learn every weird counterpick stage because they seem to be your favorite haha.

Shady is now my tourney nemesis lol. Get first next tournament Shady so that I can get second that time. Hahaha

haha, srry i didnt play more melee man, i was a little tired from not sleeping enuff. but next time 4sure ell play more.
Yeah someone needs to teach me to play some Melee. Haha

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
I didn't really like how this tourney turned out considering there were less setups and seemingly less people (but then again it wasn't in a small crowded area). Four tvs aren't enough compared to our last tournament with five tvs being used and one tv being used as a chair. But that's just me anyway... It was fun either way but more setups would've been nice. Videos will be up next week. I'll explain why later. GGs to everyone.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
We had like 6 more people than last time, and since Ck-2 was out of town and couldn't come and Ponchis quit Brawl we lost 2 set ups there. It was still really fun, and next time we will make sure that we can have plenty of set ups.

Yeah so goals / changes for next Brawlfest:

30 people in singles

7-8 set ups (focus on making sure we can get a lot of set ups)

Have flyers out early, and in many places

Double Elimination from the start

Room in BOTTOM floor of the building

Melee and smoother doubles, faster so everyone can play too and finish early

Broly

Smash Lord
dude duble elim? pools man, or at least get shlike and another guy keep the tourny goin smoothly, so we can finish faster.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
there really isnt a need for flyers, back when i hosted tournaments i handed out flyers but they never seemed to do anything most tournament goers end up learning about the tournament by word of mouth.
Also make this monthies instead of bimonthies.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
well i wouldnt call it debt actually cause its not like i spent money i didnt have.

also please remove the stage striking system

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Dude I will gladly help you out just let me know everything before hand and I'll handle it.

I AM TRUE PAL
Thanks <3

well i wouldnt call it debt actually cause its not like i spent money i didnt have.

also please remove the stage striking system
Stage striking system is fair. And if it does get removed Lylat and Yoshi's might too.

yesterday was one of the longest days of my life....
but also one of the funnest lol

im glad we went down to play you guys, all of you are really good
<3 Derk

:)

You were pwn yesterday, I'm glad you guys had fun. Bad luck with the low set-ups turnout for yesterday, but that's what we are working for now for Brawlfest 3. Tons and tons of set ups!

:chuckle:

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Stage striking sucks
person who goes second gets to choose and also it is possible that the 1st person to choose will strike a stage he would have wanted striked. Also it is largely character dependent for example every game i start as diddy kong it is inevitable that the stage will be choosen as battlefield, they will strike the stages that are good for me (smashvile, final destination) and i will strike the stages that are bad for me (yoshis island, lylat cruise) and the match will be choosen as battlefield a stage that is in a disadvantage for diddykong why should i always be forced to be at a disadvantage at this if the stages are really neutral? The best thing would be to have 3 stages as neutral (final destination, Battle field, smashvile) and set to random with each player getting a random reset. Not to mention yoshis island and lylat cruise are not even neutrals and comes to a blaring weakness to characters such as falco.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I will later today when Chicken Tenders gives me results for everyone past 16th. He has those, I have 1-16 though.

I'll call him in a bit and we'll see.

Also can you help me verify the list of mains for the tops? I don't know who Vash used... and a few others I wasn't sure either. Check it for me Magik should be previous page.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
@ Magik ... alright I'll switch Andilex to Diddy / DDD

Yeah I know Syoudous used Meta Knight, he did it vs me in Loser's. Just forgot to put it.

Alright I'll change it. Anyone else know for sure?

@ Ck-2

You missed out, and we needed your TV / Wii.

:(

But yeah it was really fun, now you need to practice a lot so you can get top 10 again, eveyrone is WAY better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom