• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
omg shank wat u think of it,

murdr laughly resigns from hate crew,

he hates one piece,

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah RGV is short for Rio Grande Valley which basically is the entire region of South Texas... and it's predominantly Mexican culture and right on the border too.

Shady we really want you to get into Brawl again... You'd be one of our top players easily.

:(

I was actually considering having Melee at BF6 (like serious Melee, actually ran before Brawl and everything).

Would you join Brawl if that's the case?

shlike

Smash Ace
i wasnt referring to pax or to anybody for that matter. i thought we were a crew?? broly i love you to death but you have stop acting like youre the only one from here who is good. i personally dont care because i know im good but not everyone feels the same way i do.

if you want the RGV to be 'broly's domain' then build OTHERS up before yourself. if anything the rgv is vorgy's domain imo.

<3 rgv
<3 broly

Broly

Smash Lord
crews needs leadership, i bring everyones level up. i got pax, vash, vorgy better [kinda] cloud, fro, vickey i guess. im not saying im the only one good, but from a point of view from the upstaters im the best. RGV, im prolly 3rd, but overall, yea im the best.

night.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
crews needs leadership, i bring everyones level up. i got pax, vash, vorgy better [kinda] cloud, fro, vickey i guess. im not saying im the only one good, but from a point of view from the upstaters im the best. RGV, im prolly 3rd, but overall, yea im the best.

night.
Shlike doesn't mean train people to be good, Shlike is referring to making people feel good and not putting them down.

shlike

Smash Ace
omg broly you missed the point ENTIRELY. i understand that you wanna be the best we all do, but do you see how you said that you got vorgy 'kinda' good??? thats what i'm talking about gonzalo is a **** good player and you make it seem as if he's barely above scrub status. imo crews dont need 'leaders' who just talk about how legit they are and how much everyone else sucks compared to them. we need a leader who builds peoples confidence up.

and thats what you should be doing broly

yeah gonzalo gets it

Vorguen

Smash Champion
9th place has been getting to someone's head... lol

It's funny how I'm scrub status in Broly's eyes... but people as new and fresh as Smoke in my eyes are potentially good players.

One thing I've learned is you get a lot more from people with positive reinforcement and that's why I'm always cheering everyone on and that reminds me I need to get Smoke to play more. I'm going to drag him to your house this weekend Herby.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
omg broly you missed the point ENTIRELY. i understand that you wanna be the best we all do, but do you see how you said that you got vorgy 'kinda' good??? thats what i'm talking about gonzalo is a **** good player and you make it seem as if he's barely above scrub status. imo crews dont need 'leaders' who just talk about how legit they are and how much everyone else sucks compared to them. we need a leader who builds peoples confidence up.

and thats what you should be doing broly

yeah gonzalo gets it
Don't forget the times that you didn't do as well as you wished. FS6 you placed lower than you wanted to, and you lost to Light. We backed you up and gave you confidence, told you that you were good and quitting was stupid. We, as your friends and crew members, made sure you didn't give up and to be proud of your accomplishments and not your shortcomings.

What Shlike (and now myself) are trying to tell you is... you gain nothing from trying to influence people to better themselves with negative reinforcement because in the end it creates more rifts than it helps create results.

@ Shlike

It's Gonzypoo!!!!!!!!

shlike

Smash Ace
Don't forget the times that you didn't do as well as you wished. FS6 you placed lower than you wanted to, and you lost to Light. We backed you up and gave you confidence, told you that you were good and quitting was stupid. We, as your friends and crew members, made sure you didn't give up and to be proud of your accomplishments and not your shortcomings.

What Shlike (and now myself) are trying to tell you is... you gain nothing from trying to influence people to better themselves with negative reinforcement because in the end it creates more rifts than it helps create results.

@ Shlike

It's Gonzypoo!!!!!!!!
qft

gj gonzypoo

Broly

Smash Lord
did you NOT read my post? i helped so many players grow. vorgy has not beaten pax or vash. im not belittling ****. you all are good. heck you beat pax, but you still havent gotten the exp. needed to break past top ten. All crews have leaders. Dojo is texas leader, m2k is east coast leader etc... They all help their crew mates get better, ask anyone dont say i dont boost confidence, look at wat andilex put for me. love you all, but understand wat im posting

Broly

Smash Lord
i hardly insult. i do it to vorgy just to annoy him. the thing is, gonz doesnt grow faster than most players cuz he has this ''i know everything about everything'' attitude. everyone sees that. i know alot on marth, but im always looking for ideas. brawl isnt 100 percent technical. sometimes you got to have some swagger, or confidence to your game. technical stuff helps alot, but slows down progression. theres a reason why vashs snake goes even w/ my marth, and its not because he knows me, its his fighting style. he NEVER cares about tech stuff, n hes that good.once you understand that gonz, then you'll be at max level. im never disrespectful to anyones game unless i lol'd about it. i try to help every once in awhile and i usually see improvements. just like clouds toon, fros lucario n papi icys.

"Dad"

Smash Rookie
so where is this smashfest in b-town being held at friday, i have been trying to convince zack for the longest time to come and chill with you all every brawlfest there is. But impossible since he party's on friday night's then sleeps all day on saturday. I'll convince him this time since it'll be friday

oh and kung pow is classic!

banehollow3789

Smash Rookie
everyone wants me to be everywhere wtf :( lol and yea ill go on friday, ill take my arcade stick and **** so smoke if u want i can straight up teach u and andilex and whoever else goes marvel or sf, also pax im thinking since u guys wanna money match and what not that either i or u can go pick up shady, but idk if hes willing to stay the night, that way we can get magic also, ill pay gas if ur being homo pax =P or if herby wants to go get them then w/e i just want some good games in, lastly about the whole brawly thing, tbh i value his advice more then all of yours not because i know him more or w/e but because he is the one that actually gives me solid advice on top of placing well in and out of city tournies. and it really doesnt bother me the way he says your scrubs or w/e cause thats what happened in melee, used to say i was horrible and i would get 3 or 4 stocked, same with frank, it just drove me to practice my game and step it up till i could start beating them, now its a much more even skill difference and we normally trade games or someone gets ***** depending on the day or the stage. he doesnt have a god complex or something, just a confident swagger which you should have when your doing well. just be happy hes not talking mad **** like inui Lol

p.s. reguarding the whole melee thing, i can see how it affects different people, wes for example cant handle all the scrub comments and leads him to try to do things he cant technically do, therefore losing way more matches. we started at the same time but i became more technically sound because of my drive to get better. basically u guys just need to accept that everyone has flaws and no ones perfect, and knowing such u need to adjust your game accordingly. why do you think brawly wanted me to coach him on some matches during hobo? i dont know marth or the matchups or brawl really, but i help cause i tell him what HES doing wrong, like up - bing 2 much, turn b spamming while hes getting grabbed everytime etc. plus it calms him down a bit. anyways sorry for the wall of text lol

banehollow3789

Smash Rookie
yea fro, seriously? 5am n this ****...

QFT, lol
i dont know if thats a compliment or ur saying and this **** for the wall of text lol o btw broly what time should i head to ur place on friday? so we can all catch a ride with gonz. i owe u food btw, o nvm were gonna take that money from pax LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom