• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV South Texas - Battle at the Border 3! 11/07/09 - POT BONUS - THE HYPE, IT HURTS!!

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
BATTLE AT THE BORDER 3
November 7th, 2009

About Battle at the Border

The first year, Caveman and Rob$ swept up everything. Last year, Pozerwolf and RoyR ventured down for the challenge and Pozerwolf left with heavy pockets. Now, who will emerge victorious with the stakes raised higher than ever for the RGV.

This is the largest and best run annual tournament the RGV has to offer. Last year there were over 50 Brawlers and we hope to shatter that this year. With a guaranteed pot bonus announced for BRAWL and SF4 there is more hype than ever for BATB. Don't john about anything and just make out here! TEXAS THIS MEANS YOU! (other states welcome also :-* )

Important Links:
SRK Thread
This has all the rules and regulations for games that are not Smash. Subscribe!
Energetic's Myspace
If you want to, add us.
NE1 LAN Center Website
The venues web site. Pics up soon. TOO GOOD!!

The Venue:
NE1 LAN Center
2208 Primerose Ave. Unit L
McAllen, TX 78504
www.ne1lan.com

This is a brand new LAN center in the Valley and it is the biggest and best looking one yet. We are helping them kick start their reputation by bringing all of the Valley's best gamers here for BATB3. Come welcome them to the community!

$8 Venue Fee
This is mandatory for everyone, no set up waver this time, sorry. I promise it will be well worth it with this place being open until 2 AM! SO MANY FRIENDLIES/MMs!

Brawl:
Singles - $10
Doubles - $20 (per team, or $10 each!)

All other fighting games are also $10 to enter :D

Setups:
This place is STACKED. 24 Viewsonic televisions @ 2milisecond refresh rate. There will be at least TEN Wiis set up at all time. (Remember, half for Smash, half for everything else)

Housing:
The RGV is overly capable of house hundreds of people. If you need housing contact me via PM or reply in the thread and I promise you will be pleasantly housed!

Events:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
(Wii)
Street Fighter 4 (360)
Tekken 6 (PS3)
BlazeBlu (360)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD-Remix (360)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC)

Side Games:
TMNT: Tournament Fighters $5 (SNES)

NFL BLITZ 2001 (N64) $20 Entry
This will a 8 man bracket, winner take all. It will be on a nomination process for who gets one of the exclusive invitations into the tournament. You can sign up yourself or nominate your buddy!
NFL Blitz 2000
--Single Elimination
--Default rules on time and field apply, all 4 quarters played.
--Will put tournament mode code for a fair game (1-1-1-D), means no cheats and no AI help it's all in the players hands.
--No custom characters
--Invisible play cursor allowed (Up, Up at the play selection screen)
--Will provide system and controllers.
--When registering you must choose a team. You will stay with this team through out the entire duration of this tournament. No switching. More then 1 player may choose the same team.
--Only the chosen players may compete in this tournament

Prizes:[/COLOR]
As of now, we have A $100 POT BONUS CONFIRMED for BRAWL and STREET FIGHTER 4! This is a promise, a guarantee, a sure thing. I know, its not chingos (a f load) but it adds to the pot and makes this experience that much better. We are currently working with sponsors to increase pot bonuses, but you will be updated when we are :B

As far as pot distibution goes...

1st=55%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=2.5%

The Pot Bonus is spread across the entire payed pot, not only awarded to 1st place.

Schedule:

Brawl Singles - 1pm
Brawl Doubles - after singles

General Rules:

Brawl:

-MetaKnight IS NOT BANNED
-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are legal
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. If a game ends in Gannondorf executing his over-b FTW then Ganon is declared the winner of the round.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We will not tolerate this if it is broken!
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character.

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages:
-Lylat
-Halberd
-Castle Seige
-Delfino
-Brinstar
-Frigate
-Rainbow Cruise
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Jungle Japes
-Pictochat
-Norfair

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:
-Matches will be 3 stock
-7 Minute Time Limit
-Set format will not be used; each Player will play every other opponent a total of 2 games
-Number of Players advancing from each pool will be dependant on number of entrants, number of players per pool, number of pools, and which round of pools it is.

Side Events:
We will more than likely have time for awesome side events. Close to the event we will take a vote and see what is most popular.

We can choose from:
Brawl+
Low Tier Tourney
:3

Staff:

DemonJim
Tournament Director

ShANk
Smash Director

Chicken Tenders and Vorguen
My Assistant Pimps

MURDR
Murdr will capture, I will upload

Rei-Gun and DEFSITHE
Honorable Mention. Won't make it becasue of college BAND JOHNS D:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
DAAAAAYUM!!! GET Hyyyyyyyyyyyyype!
This is gonna be so epic. It sucks I can't make it :(

DEMON_JIM

Smash Cadet
Hello everybody its true Battle at the Border is back and I am your tournament director.

Yup yup our thread is finally up. DanEG and his crew will be helping me out with the Smash side along with other games. If you have been to the last 2 then you know some epic matches went down my favorite being the Grand Finals from the doubles tournament last year. Best Smash fight ever.

Any questions ask DanEG, Shank, or Me.

See you all there.

-DJ-

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

Side Events:
We will more than likely have time for awesome side events. Close to the event we will take a vote and see what is most popular.

We can choose from:
BlazBrawl (if completed)
Brawl+
Low Tier Tourney
etc
ideasplease :3

What the hell is BlazBrawl?

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
It is a completely hacked version of Brawl. Like Marth with moves completely customized and not like Brawl or Smash for that matter at all. I will find a video and post it. It looks outrageous.

Reizilla

Magik, we already know that you can beat computers in TvC, no need to prove it in tournament. I'm contemplating getting really really really sick so that I can skip band for this...

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
This is tempting =O
DO IT!!! that way you can help train my g&w! :)

Magik, we already know that you can beat computers in TvC, no need to prove it in tournament. I'm contemplating getting really really really sick so that I can skip band for this...
DO IT!!! this way you wont miss the biggest tourney in south texas! :)

Reizilla

Xyro told Shank that he's going to try to work with it and see if he can push back HOBO, but nothing's for certain yet.

Reizilla

cross the gulf, lee, it's much quicker that way :D

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Xyro told Shank that he's going to try to work with it and see if he can push back HOBO, but nothing's for certain yet.
WRONG

Xyro said don't count on it, but we have our fingers crossed. This was the only date in Nov. that BATB could happen. Hopefully you all make it!

Lee..

1. Go to houston
2. Come to RGV
3. Win

:D

Reizilla

Same thing, don't get all technical on me. I'll pwn your English right now, if I have to!!

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Lee if you come to the RGV I'll let you house in my... house?

That's in Mexico by the way (right near the border) and then I'll take you to do all kinds of illegal stuff after the tournament (sodomy included). ;)

DEMON_JIM

Smash Cadet
100 dollar pot bonus plus 30 or more people at 10 dollars a piece, sounds good =O to me hah
I'm sure BATB will blow that 30 people amount out of the water. Last year was just a hair shy of 50 and the 1st despite only having 3 weeks notice had I think 40 peeps. I'm expecting this year to be gooooood. Man I wish somebody recorded the Brawl Doubles finals from last year.

-DJ-

DEMON_JIM

Smash Cadet
If I remember correctly it came down to the last match and last 2 people both near 100% life. The bracket was reset because the losers final winner tore it up. I remember there also being a sweet comeback somehwere in there but I don't think I saw but I heard about it. All I know is that I held my breath at the end and got light headed.

-DJ-

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Name: Joseph
GamerName/SBName: Magik
City/State: Weslaco
Games: Brawl Singles, Brawl Low tiers, TMNT Tournament fighters, Blitz 2001, melee, brawl doubles
Blitz: New england patriots

defsithe

Smash Ace
dude blitz will be played?? seriously? i wanna go. i say u do goldeneye too. but either way im stuck in kingsville forever so :(

Top Bottom