• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridiculously talented AI

CxDist

Smash Rookie
Give credit where credit is due. Sakurai really upped the difficulty level of the cpu. They combo better than we do > _ >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXrnF7Dq0Rg

Looks like a de-synch and squall shuffle of sorts but goodness, I've never seen this before even on the human level. Could DI have prevented it? or is it actually applicable in matches?

Rufeo

Smash Cadet
That was so cool. I wonder if that can be pulled off by a human regularly.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
RIGHT NOW.

Someone needs to figure out how to do this.
Being an ICs main at one point in Melee, this doesn't look hard.

1. Grab. Duh.
2. Hit A, then immediately Side B while Popo is busy with the mid-grab headbutt. Nana will use her Side B.
3. You are now desynched. Keep hitting Side B to alternate between them.

I'll try it later on. Can't play now...

Edit: Hmm...This might even work in Melee if they're at the right %...

Always and Never

Smash Rookie
It was like freaking ballet O_O

But really, the computer AI on the ground has improved tremendously in Brawl. In the air they're horrible now.

Guildenstern

Smash Apprentice
I just tried that combo out in Training mode. I suck at Ice Climbers, and that combo is easy. Here's how:

1. Grab.
2. Short hop the second IC while the first is still holding the enemy.
3. Press Side B. First IC will throw; second IC will squall.
4. Press Side B a few more times; IC's are already de-sync'ed, so just keep pressing the button. Throw in some short hops if you want it to look cool like that.
(5. Don't do it so far that you fall off the edge; you can't move again after doing Side B in the air.)

Guildenstern

Smash Apprentice
In fact, it's very easy to just keep doing Side B back and forth across the level, alternating between Nana and Popo. This might even have some application in 4-player matches...fend off opponents from both sides.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I've actually had the computer letigimately edgeguard me before... As Ike they usually won't, but when I'm Olimar I've seen them walk over and grab the ledge so that I can't use my pikmin tether to recover...

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
I've actually had the computer letigimately edgeguard me before... As Ike they usually won't, but when I'm Olimar I've seen them walk over and grab the ledge so that I can't use my pikmin tether to recover...
Hahaha wow. Another thing about fox level 9 cpu, he tried to shine me when he threw me off the edge, he jump off the stage and shined me off, but since it was nerfed, i wasn't too worried.

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
When I play Lvl 9, the best I get is superhuman spot dodging and powershielding. That de-synch combo was intense, but did you pick IC or was it random?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
CPU does some insane stuff sometimes. I was impressed by ledgeguards and their super-human reflexes (just the fact it was there) but that is ridiculous, I would never have expected to see a CPU do that.

btnheazy03

Smash Rookie
Point in case: Playing level 9 Mario, he likes to spam fireballs A LOT, and charge up that useless FLUDD of his. But more importantly, the relentless attacking and seemingly impossible just frame shielding.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
How were you able to record this, or why were you recording originally? You were lucky as hell to have been recording when this took place... lol

KamiNathan

Smash Rookie
I got shield grabbed by lvl 9 cpu's a lot in melee too...
I haven't really fought any lvl 9 cpu's in brawl, maybe I should so I can see how some of the moves are used.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You too? I've had CPUs treat me like I'm in the home run contest -_- a level 9 C falcon did the bat drop thing from melee, and all I could say was "I got bat *****"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If a level 9 is on your team, you'll be fighting for that KO on your opponent. Sometimes, that teammate will take all the glory if you can't keep up. Level 9s aren't just insane when you fight them, but they're also insane when they're on your team.

majora_787

Smash Hero
zomg -_- level 9's are so ******** in team matches. I turned friendly fire on cuz I hoped the enemies would hurt each other, and the CPU on my team jumped on me and mauled me. T_T they're intelligent while ****ing ******** at the same time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
zomg -_- level 9's are so ******** in team matches. I turned friendly fire on cuz I hoped the enemies would hurt each other, and the CPU on my team jumped on me and mauled me. T_T they're intelligent while ****ing ******** at the same time.
I learned that the hard way myself. Ever since, team attacks are always OFF when I do team battles.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
That vid was sick o_O.

But yea, a comp did something hilarious to me as well. Dashdance into f-smash. I saved the replay, so I'll try to post it eventually.

Top Bottom