• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
out of ALL THE POKEMONs...the FREAKIN TRAINER HAS TO MAKE IT?!

since if they have THIS much space to throw around in putting in TOTALY BULL**** newcomers, there's almost no question that popular characters, aka Ridley, Wolf, etc are shoe-ins.
*shoots silver* Don't bring this conversation here.

Trainer is one of the best ideas anyway. Screw Deoxys. Screw Lucario. I'm glad we have Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur...

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
So about this PM Trainer...
I kid.
The only way that's relavent to the discussion is if the PT rides on Ridley. And that doesn't look likely.

By the way, what happened to the short story contest?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*sigh* I was going to counter what Silver said but, this isn't really the place to do so >.< *lets it go...*

So how 'bout that Ridley? It'd be cool if, similar DK, when grabbing your opponents you could fly away with them. :chuckle: (I don't think it's too far out of the question either...)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
*sigh* I was going to counter what Silver said but, this isn't really the place to do so >.< *lets it go...*

So how 'bout that Ridley? It'd be cool if, similar DK, when grabbing your opponents you could fly away with them. :chuckle: (I don't think it's too far out of the question either...)
That would be broken. If Donkey Kong walks off the ledge while holding you, he falls with you and has trouble getting back on the edge (due to a poor recovery). But, with Ridley, he could just fly off of the edge, drop you, and fly back. Ridley beats you by being a badass, not by being gai.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
That would be broken. If Donkey Kong walks off the ledge while holding you, he falls with you and has trouble getting back on the edge (due to a poor recovery). But, with Ridley, he could just fly off of the edge, drop you, and fly back. Ridley beats you by being a badass, not by being gai.
Sorry to bring a Pokemon move to this.. Seismic Toss = Meteor haha.

Can't Kirby do that too?

Can't wait to see Ridley in Brawl, gonna be one hell of a game. And with all the balance thats being done. Can't wait to see actual different characters in tourneys :p

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
But I thought you like furries? :p
Whats that supposed to mean? Just because I'm a furry doesn't mean I can't like Ridley. I'm still human, and so are you (or so I think).

Thats like saying Furries only like Furries but none Furries are free to like whatever they choose as long as its not a furry?

You scaley you.. :p

I'm also not a fan of Sonic so another :p

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ridley makes Charizard look like a prom dumpster baby. stay on topic please, i'm having a hard time realizing this is an actual character still
I'm sorry, I have to add this, but...I looked back and forth between "Pokemon Trainer" and the character icon like 10 times this morning...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I agree with Grim.

Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur>Lucario

If this lowers Lucario chances then awesome, just bring back mewtwo and the Pokemon roster would be perfect and loved by all the fans.

Also, Charizard improves Ridley's chances, there's already a Dragon in brawl and with Big wings.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Whats that supposed to mean? Just because I'm a furry doesn't mean I can't like Ridley. I'm still human, and so are you (or so I think).

Thats like saying Furries only like Furries but none Furries are free to like whatever they choose as long as its not a furry?

You scaley you.. :p

I'm also not a fan of Sonic so another :p
You basically said you were tired of seeing the same characters in tournaments. Main character used in tournaments are the spacies (which are furries). You're a furry. So I made a joke by saying "I though you liked furries?"

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
silver777
out of ALL THE POKEMONs...the FREAKIN TRAINER HAS TO MAKE IT?!

since if they have THIS much space to throw around in putting in TOTALY BULL**** newcomers, there's almost no question that popular characters, aka Ridley, Wolf, etc are shoe-ins.
Since when is Wolf popular?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm sorry, I have to add this, but...I looked back and forth between "Pokemon Trainer" and the character icon like 10 times this morning...
i'm sorry to add this as well. i know everytime i look at the site and see the warning challenger approaching with the pokemon trainer underneath, i'm going to keep asking myself "What the f***, Pokemon trainer?". what a wuss, he doesn't even fight. he just sends lackeys to do his buisiness.

not like ridley, he takes things into his own hands. he's a man's...uh...dragon's dragon

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Since when is Wolf popular?
^ this topic is about ridley not Wolf so if you wanna talk about wolf go elsewhere but not here, but anyway Charizard v.Ridley would definetly great, and since a trash trainer like Red got in, it might be an indication that perhaps Sakurai might include well over 40 perhaps maybe close to 50 but yea I want Ridley, RIDLEY FOR BRAWL

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
You basically said you were tired of seeing the same characters in tournaments. Main character used in tournaments are the spacies (which are furries). You're a furry. So I made a joke by saying "I though you liked furries?"
Oh, now I understand.. Well, even so. It gets repetitive seeing the same moves again and again. Thats why I love watching Kirby/Mr. G&W/Y. Link etc. videos since they're different.

Ridley for Brawl :p

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
i'm sorry to add this as well. i know everytime i look at the site and see the warning challenger approaching with the pokemon trainer underneath, i'm going to keep asking myself "What the f***, Pokemon trainer?". what a wuss, he doesn't even fight. he just sends lackeys to do his buisiness.

not like ridley, he takes things into his own hands. he's a man's...uh...dragon's dragon
When I saw the "Warning! Challenger Approching!" sign, I was almost sure it was Ridley. Because, you know, it being Metroid month and all. So after I came, I scrolled down and saw a scrawny little prepubescent boy with a bunch of his Pokemon sex slaves. And I was like:

"WHAT THE ****?"

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
we better get something metroid-ish this month. i mean at least on august 28th when the game releases.

hey, maybe ridley will appear that week, since, as of now, we've gotten a newcomer every other week

OmegaXXII

RED sucks, he should have been an assist, I can't wait to use ridley and pwn all his little pokemon

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!!!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
When I saw the "Warning! Challenger Approching!" sign, I was almost sure it was Ridley. Because, you know, it being Metroid month and all. So after I came, I scrolled down and saw a scrawny little prepubescent boy with a bunch of his Pokemon sex slaves. And I was like:

"WHAT THE ****?"
this is why I love the red update. :laugh:

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
this is why I love the red update. :laugh:
I still don't like you from when I first posted here :p

But the red update is awesome, it did make me wtf about 20 times out loud though.

I love him because he lowers Lucario's chances.
I have nothing against Lucario but doubt he will be in the game as a playable.

But if nothing else he'd be a nice addition when all the wtf characters are done.

Ridley for Brawl!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
My favorite part about this thread is that every single update confirms Ridley in some way...
I don't rememnber some of them like the Franklin Badge.. Oh well.

Lets just say that the more thats being put into the game confirms Ridley so he doesn't run out of things to obliterate?

OmegaXXII

yea his theme, characters from the series, we can probalby expect seeing him maybe this or next, but I'd rather see him now, btw is that new metroid game gonna have ridley?
RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
We are, trust me, but maybe nothing more than a Metroid AT... with a metroid or a stage.

Or D. Samus to make us cry and then reveal ridley to makes us cry more.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well it IS the month of metroid... OMG im sure ridley will be the final newcomer revealed this month!!

RIDLEY FTMFW!!
(for the motha funking win!)

Shuma

Smash Hero
I doubt Ridley is revealed so soon. Well it's Sakurai you never know.

But i would prefer to se D. Samus if he's in and see ridley until the game is released.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I doubt Ridley is revealed so soon. Well it's Sakurai you never know.

But i would prefer to se D. Samus if he's in and see ridley until the game is released.
We get a week of items and odd character moves updates, and then...Poke Trainer. Sakurai is completely unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom