• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud5

Smash Rookie
don't worry man it will be o.k my life isn't good tiher but i live thew it. well good luck man on ur colege stuff. =D

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The worst that could happen that doesnt involve Ridley not being playable:

Ridley as a Charizard Clone.

Start screaming.
I'd rather have that than Ridley being a clone of say someone like Bowser. >_>

EDIT: Oh and Cloud, stop multi-posting, and just edit your pre-existing posts. Otherwise it seems like you're trying to post for the sake of raising your level, which is a no no.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What?

Anyways know any other Nintendo Dragons? (That actually have a chance of getting into brawl... no argoraks or volv... whatever i cant remember their names).

Hmmm... i always thought Mother brain was just something the Chozo made to control Zebes... looks like Retro are retconning some stuff : P

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Not really. What we do know about the Mother Brain's origins is that she is a organic computer that monitors Zebes, and was previously used by the Chozo before turning evil, or coming under pirate control. They could have been part of the GF, gotten it from the GF, or had their information stolen for all we know.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I want to know how we get from Prime to Samus going out and destroying Metroids (Return of Samus), Mother Brain with Hyperbeam and chicken legs (Super Metroid), and Ridley becoming more or less his normal self again (Super Metroid)...

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
Hold up!

MY FEAR FOR RIDLEY:

First, let me state that I want Ridley above ALL characters. I love the character dearly, and think he would be a brilliant addition to Smash's roster.

However, I fear that Ridley may become a stage hazard in Brawl's Metroid stage. Here's why:

• The Ridley theme song played here.
  • It's shaped like a Smash stage.
  • It was THE key area of Metroid Prime.
  • It's from a Gamecube title, just like Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Bridge of Eldin, et al.
  • It's unique from past Metroid stages (i.e. not dark), catching Sakurai's eye.
  • Ridley was THE hazard there in Metroid Prime.
I think it's reasonable that Sakurai may make Ridley some sort of huge stage hazard in an Artifact Temple level. The music fits. The game profile fits. The stage layout fits. Hell, it'd even form a nice parallel to the appearance of Ridley's partner Kraid in Brinstar Depths (Melee has its "boss baddy Metroid stage," and Brawl has one too).

I hope this doesn't happen, though. Somebody, reassure me that Ridley will be playable!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Mostly I'd just like to know why she felt compelled to go and destroy all of the Metroids in Metroid II. I'd really just like them to remake Metroid II. >_>

Sakurai wants more Metroid characters. Who are they going to add if not Ridley? Another version of Samus??

Legolastom

Smash Hero
True that... yum... space magic.

Yhea i doubt the way that Ridley fits perfectly as a PC that Sakurai would just go an make him a stage hazard.

Maybe we face Father brain in MP3 : P

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Mostly I'd just like to know why she felt compelled to go and destroy all of the Metroids in Metroid II.
It had something to do with the Galactic Federation not liking them/thinking they were dangerous or something. And, yes, a remake would be pretty too.

Anyway, to stay slightly on topic: Ridley for Brawl! I can't believe I've never posted here before, Metroid is my second-favorite video game series, and I can't think of a better second (third if you count Zamus) character to represent Metroid. So, yeah, Ridley for Brawl!

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Ridley has now got to be a confirmed character for brawl now i got a great list for debates against him(these are the answear)

Size:Ridley can easily be shrunk down to his ssbm intro size.Bowser in sunshine is huge,Kirby is only 8 inch high as well.

Music:The 'Boss battle music is reffering to that of music when a boss appears.Now has been dubbed to ridley music

Animation: (this may of appeared a few pages back i dont know)People moan about oh the animation for the wings,tail etc.Now that a character such as Charizard has been confirmed(Pokemon trainer) ridley shouldnt be a problem.

there may be more but these are the most asked

RIDLEY FTB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
You forgot one that might not be in this topic, but I have seen. Someone said to me Charizard is a flying dragon thing, too. It's stupid, but we need a prepared counter.
If Charizard is the same as Ridley, Roy was the same as Marth, Fox ... Falco, Falcon ... Ganon. lalala

Despite Charizards inclusion, Ridley still should be in Brawl.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
All im saying is

Plasma > Fire
Space dragon > Poke dragon
Giant tail > stumpy tail
Giant evil wings > giant orange wings
Ridley > Charizard

Now if you dont mind im off to play some Super metroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom