• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
changing your tune! you just called her a bloke! and now its, "no gender"

......well, i guess thats a little more feminen than a bloke....

i know Dark Samus is metroid prime, but you gotta assume that once 'it' took on samus' form 'it' became a 'she' or something. like some sort of phazon induced sex-change.....or something...

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
it couldnt have a sex change if it didnt have a sex to begin with. if you want to go ahead and assign genders to metriods, go ahead. i consider them genderless. and i just said 'he' because i call refer to most fictional genderless beings as 'he'.

either way this is the ridley topic! enough about that metriod that found an addictive substance!

ridley is currently my #2 most wanted new contender for brawl (only behind geno). i think it would be awesome to have a heavyweight with an amazing recovery. theyd probably make him a fastfaller to try to balance it out, though. i would definitely main him if he got in.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
it depends petre - if they add him as a metroid prime 3 ridley idea or as a meta-ridley scheme. the plain ridley would actually not be that terribly heavy - he has a very thin looking body style and all of his limbs are sleek and streamlined. as meta ridley - well same body style but hes covered in heavy metal plates and sheilding

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
he's a flier, so i would suspect very floaty. i mean even in other forms he isn't that heavy. so if anything, weight similar to DK and falling similar to i don't know, kirby or meta-knight

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Man, this thing is still going on? It's been beaten into the ground long ago and has now reached the center of the Earth.

Anyway, if Ridley has metal plating, do you really think he's going to be that light? They may do an older version, but since Meta-Ridley from the Prime series (or at least MP1, never played 2) is the most recent version, they'd probably go with that one. He'll probably be really slow on the ground and fast in the air and be third strongest behind Ganondorf and Bowser because he's so skinny (all 3 hopefully will end up in Brawl).

Of course, it's not like realistic physics have anything to do with Smash Brothers. You wouldn't think in real life that Fox and Falco would fall so much faster than everyone else. I suppose if you take true physics into account, Kirby should fall fastest, since he'd offer the least wind resistance. With that being said, maybe Ridley would float more, but probably not like Kirby.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
Ridley could work without being bowser clone easily.
1.) Ridley flies
2.) Ridley's faster
3.) Ridley doesn't spin upwards, nor does he slam down
4.) He could steal minor abilities from other characters (pikachu is almost luigi in ssbm)

That's how i put it

Caael

Smash Lord
Sorry, but how is Bowser any similar to ridley? O FUX THEY BOTH BREATHE FIRE!!!11 CLONZ!

Makes you think. They mist have made a model for Ridley, and must have experimented with posing. They could take that model, as it is most suited, and then give him movement and a moveset and bam, Ridley is in the game.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I always wondered why people thought they were so similar. There are some similarities, but they wouldn't play the same or be clones or anything. Technically, isn't Bowser a dark magician or turtle demon or something? Wasn't that his original MO? Turning all the inhabitants into turtles and walking mushrooms in Mario Bros.? So they're both reptilian and bad guys, all of a sudden they'd be the same character? Makes no sense...

and I agree with Smash Daddy, Ridley would own Bowser in a normal fight (not necessarily in Brawl)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im bettin just like Pit/kirby, after a few jumps, he'll get tired or something and will stop flapping its wing, thus fallin, unless he uses his upb (if he does have a recovery move)...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I wouldn't have thought Ridley would have one, though they have given a recovery move to Pit so who knows.

Caael

Smash Lord
Well...maybe I will buy it. But I will be very upset.

BUT increasing Ridley's chances is corruption, which is released before Brawl, therefor making the latest Villain Ridley. And people always go for new. So yay!

But there is a very high chance of Ridley being in Brawl; he's the main villain, leader of the space pirates and the most recurring villain. If Dark Samus takes the villain slot away from Ridley I will raise hell. But Metroid is big enough to have at least 3 character slots. Ridley WILL be one.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah, as much as I love dark samus, Ridley will get in brawl, he is as important to the series as samus is, dark samus is easily the runer-up...

Vali

Smash Ace
Imagine if the first metroid had...some tortoise instead of Ridley. It wouldn't be the same. Without Ridley, the series wouldn't be what it is. So he is a major part.
Imagine if it was the most bad-*** tortoise ever though, complete with like genetically enhanced cannons, spikes and crushing jaws of doom. You can't tell me that wouldn't be awesome. Then the tortoise returns and goes the whole way from tortoise-robot hybrid to full machinery as mecha-tortoise.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Imagine if it was the most bad-*** tortoise ever though, complete with like genetically enhanced cannons, spikes and crushing jaws of doom. You can't tell me that wouldn't be awesome. Then the tortoise returns and goes the whole way from tortoise-robot hybrid to full machinery as mecha-tortoise.

i know this isn't a tortoise, but that reminds me of the armidillo in dk64. just a huge shell with huge cannons and stuff.

go Ridley!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i know this isn't a tortoise, but that reminds me of the armidillo in dk64. just a huge shell with huge cannons and stuff.

go Ridley!
omg thats the third thing this week hinting at me to go play DK 64 again. it must be a sign!!!

so, which ridley do you guys want in? i personally want meta ridley in, with his plasma breath beams and all. i actally want him to be a heavyweight fastfaller with an insane recovery. kinda like the exact opposite of jigglypuff in every department except for recovery. that would be amazing. (note ive only seen the ridleys in the nes metriod, metriod prime, and the parasite one in fusion.)

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley should be Pink/Purple, changing Colors would make him, Black, Blue, Green(ugh)... and the Metal box would make him Meta Ridley.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
i'd ideally want him to be a dark grey purple colour, and have his wing membrane changing colour for team battles. but that would mean his wings would need to be a bit unfolded all the time, and that might make him too big, so shuma's idea would be a better alternative i spose.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ridley should be Pink/Purple, changing Colors would make him, Black, Blue, Green(ugh)... and the Metal box would make him Meta Ridley.
Red/Orange is one of his more often seen colors. So, that'd have to be an option, too...

A few pics just for kicks:

And these two show that...yeah, Ridley really can fit on the screen and be a reasonable height:

And if you happened to have read that Metroid Manga I posted, it shows that Ridley and Samus really have more tension and background than any other hero/villain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom