• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol dejavu, anyway Likle I said ridley deserves the shot way more than Dark samus, both boy would I be one happy smasher if they both got in...

Caael

Smash Lord
I hate people who use characters because the skills are good. People who choose characters they like are better, as they know that they wont purposely give themselves an unfair advantage. I dont like Ridley because he's uber powerful, I like him because he's generally awesome.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You're not a Pro unless you can win against a Pro Fox player with Bowser.

I have done that.

So i would use Ridley just because it's cool, not because it's a masive engine of destruction.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mic... Gimpyfish, KevinM and Gojira will eat your face.

Also, Falco is a bird and he's not exactly floaty.
Although Falco has never really flown himself, so nevermind, I guess.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i mean floaty like they have retarted recovery what the hell is falco doing in these discusion.
For example:
1. jiggly puff=5 jumps, rising pound exe
2. Samus= Bomb jump , grapple holder exe
3. peach= Float

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You're not a Pro unless you can win against a Pro Fox player with Bowser.

I have done that.

So i would use Ridley just because it's cool, not because it's a masive engine of destruction.
dude done that too. it's great isn't it?

yeah i would use Ridley too for that reason

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Red/Orange is one of his more often seen colors. So, that'd have to be an option, too...

And if you happened to have read that Metroid Manga I posted, it shows that Ridley and Samus really have more tension and background than any other hero/villain...
Actually, the red/orange Ridley was only used for promos and the box art for Super Metroid. He was never really red in the games, (exept in a few games, in which he would have a hissy fit and blink red, towards the end of the battle). But since Super Metroid is the biggest, most popular, and probably the best in the Metroid franchise, you see that depiction of Ridley alot. It's kind of like how the Ocarina of Time "adult" Link is the commonly seen depiction of Link.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok caael is officially traumatized with ridley, next thing u know is he has a ridley doll in his room :p

ANYWAY... I doubt samus will be revealed tomorrow, cause they have been updating veteran characters by two every update, but this time they went one with fox, so I think theyre saving samus 'til zamus is revealed...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@stryks
hey, i'm traumatized with ridley too! (hugs ridley doll)
not really though. i think tomorrow will be a stage update, or item, rather than character, because they usually vary thier updates.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think we'll get a stage, hopefulyl its been more than a week I thin ksince the last stage, and we have had like 2-3 items, Im sure we'll get a stage, or a newcomer 2morrow...

Ridley FTW!

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
The instant I had heard the suggestion that Ridley should be in brawl, I supported it. I really hope he gets in. as for the resize problem, I'm pretty sure Game and Watch was too skinny to be in brawl.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
well, i havnt said it for a few days......

Ridley rox my sox off!

hoo boy! what a relief. the ridley-love inside of me was building up to dangerous levels, and spontaneous combustion is not a pleasant way to go!

@ ekul:
the resize thing is done and dusted. just look at Riddles in the Melee opening.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
well, i havnt said it for a few days......

Ridley rox my sox off!

hoo boy! what a relief. the ridley-love inside of me was building up to dangerous levels, and spontaneous combustion is not a pleasant way to go!

@ ekul:
the resize thing is done and dusted. just look at Riddles in the Melee opening.
I know, I know. I was just furthering the point.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Has anyone thought how weird he would look holding onto the edge. I want him in but anyway i think about it it's gonna be hard to make him look... not out of place.

kaid

Smash Master
He's a fricken space dragon! He will hang from the edge like a dragon, tail drooping halfway to the killzone, or else I will have very angry things to say about the dev team!

Besides, Dragons=hawt. *goes to Fchan*

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Meh, I hate it when I hear "so-and-so would be hard to fit in/ I can't see so-and-so fitting/ so-and-so seems. . .out of place".

Creativity is a Beautiful thing. . .

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
^ What i'm saying is that it's gonna be hard to make him look natural in the game though i think he will be awsome if they get it right.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Has anyone thought how weird he would look holding onto the edge. I want him in but anyway i think about it it's gonna be hard to make him look... not out of place.
Try looking at Bowser or Gigabowser hang on the edge sometime. It's not so hard to imagine, then.

I picture it to be something like what Mewtwo looks like when he's hanging on the edge (for Ridley).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Try looking at Bowser or Gigabowser hang on the edge sometime. It's not so hard to imagine, then.

I picture it to be something like what Mewtwo looks like when he's hanging on the edge (for Ridley).
yeah i think this is how he'll look. one hand on the ledge and his feet against the stage.

ridley for brawl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well seeing as Sakurai wants to represent under represented franchises in Brawl you could atleast count on atleast one more Metroid character. And seeing as the Prime games wheren't as well recieved in Japan- Ridley is the only logical choice. Wasn't Ridley also returning in Prime 3?? Besides, Ridley is the most original potential Metroid character so I say he's pretty likely.

I only fear that he might be a little too hard to program... Well not TOO hard, since I have faith in Sakurai but it could go either way... Ridley will easly be a perfectly programmed character or a horrible one... That's what I fear, that they screw up with Ridley so hard that they decide just to forget about him. But that's a little too farfetched. :p

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they put Ridley in this time... IMO he's kinda like Wario... I was expecting him all the way since the last Smash Bros game, and I am still puzzled why he wasn't playable. Well, here's to hoping they fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom