• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley is Here! (Confirm Boss!!!) (Lucario boss battle comparison)

Charoo

Smash Champion

lucario % is normal. This doesn't look good for ridley fans.

edit: change pic to imageshack just incase the other pic go down

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Dude.... tears are literally forming in my eyes... and this doesn't even confirm him as playable...

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Please be playable. I've said it before, choose samus and battle him, then unlock him.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I see boss written all over him. First: does this confirm the 35 roster? Wolf? Heck yeah.

Second:

SAKURAI!!!

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
Isn't that from the Melee intro video? Turn on Melee and play the intro, you'll see the picture.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, he definitley looks like a boss to me. :(

Sakurai: "I decided to make Ridley a boss because, c'mon...wouldn't you rather play as a cute little robot then that big ugly alien dragon?"

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
There are several bosses in the Subspace Emissary, most likely a boss for every franchise, and what boss could Samus have OTHER than Ridley? I know others are possible, but he is the most likely. And he's humungous, he's definetly a boss.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
It looks like the camera angle is coming from down and behind Samus, so that would make Ridley seem bigger than he really is.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Gosh I hope that Ridley's playable, if only for the sake of debunking the awful 35-char. roster. :ohwell: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Ridley fans.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Gosh I hope that Ridley's playable, if only for the sake of debunking the awful 35-char. roster. :ohwell: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Ridley fans.
I'm actually in the same boat right now. I used to be hardcore anti-Ridley, but I'd take him over ROB or Animal Crosser any day of the week.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Well... Surely Ganon, Bowser, etc are bosses too.

THERES STILL HOPE T_T

Maybe Samus and Pikachu were thundered T_T

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Omg.... I hope he's a PC. PLEASE!

I seriously will think WTF if he's not a pc. SAkurai ignroing all the best chars.

The size seeems bigger because it's from adiff angle.
I hope sakurai added him...

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Although Ridley is most likely a boss, that doesn't automatically exempt him from playability.I mean, other fighting game bosses have been converted into actual characters, right?

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
It looks like the camera angle is coming from down and behind Samus, so that would make Ridley seem bigger than he really is.
Not to mention Samus is crouching while Ridley is actually standing upright....

Still....his head looks weird in that shot, but still very cool to see in any case.

Televangelist

Smash Cadet
Chi's finest, where are you reading this? I'm not seeing that thread. I can def. translate anything you need, LINK LINK LINK.

Arteen

Smash Lord
What really matters is how he fights. For all we know, he's larger than normal in order to be more imposing. If I recall correctly, Bowser at the end of Adventure Mode in Melee was larger than normal, so it's not unprecedented. It does look bad though.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I just noticed Samus is crouching,but yet again... why is Ridley so ****ing horrible?

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
There's no reason why pikachu and samus would be standing soooo close to him. that said, he's prolly a few yards away which means ridley's gunna be alot bigger than he seems in that picture...so...prolly not playable...=(

but here's to constant hoping...

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
Clearly a boss...I am sad too but I figured he would be boss since Melee thanks to the opening cinematic, Sakurai is reliving that intro.

Top Bottom