• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley is Here! (Confirm Boss!!!) (Lucario boss battle comparison)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
The most disappointing thing is that even as a boss he doesn't look that cool. It's kinda like size was his biggest weakness, yet they didn't even make him as big as he could have been. I mean if he's a boss why didn't thy make him huge? I'm pretty disappointed. Looks like Metroid ONCE AGAIN gets the short end of the stick.

Kirby gets three reps, metroid gets one.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
His HP is too low to be an important boss IMO. He still has chances of being playable. =D

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai sure knows what the fans want. Didn't he say something in one of those interviews like:

"I know that fans are satisfied just seeing their favorite characters make an appearance...even if they don't even move.

spindash

Smash Ace
By Ridley fans.. No one else wanted him. lol

..and there aren't that many. =X
You know, the least that you guys could do is not play the "HAHAHA N00BZ" card here. You look no better then the people complaining if you just try and make an *** of yourself.

It's a shame that Ridley's been reduced to a boss. However it is also still a possibility to become a playable character. But in the end, I'm beginning to think it's merely wishful thinking on my part.

T'was fun, and this game is still going to rock.

But just be the better man here and don't go rubbing it in people's faces. Makes you look no better then them.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Erm... is it just me or is Ridley two different sizes in these shots? The one with him falling is MUCH bigger the the one posing/fighting.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Yo! quit complaining and listen up, people!

remember fighting Bowser at the end of adventure mode in Melee? wasn't he bigger than his playable form?

i rest my case.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
You know, the least that you guys could do is not play the "HAHAHA N00BZ" card here. You look no better then the people complaining if you just try and make an *** of yourself.

It's a shame that Ridley's been reduced to a boss. However it is also still a possibility to become a playable character. But in the end, I'm beginning to think it's merely wishful thinking on my part.

T'was fun, and this game is still going to rock.

But just be the better man here and don't go rubbing it in people's faces. Makes you look no better then them.
He wasn't REDUCED to a boss. He was never anything more.

..and who is them? The people whose faces I'm rubbing it in? So, we're still the same? Anyway...

Ridley is just too "epic" of a character to be a playable character. He's just straight up boss. It won't be any other way.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I still have hopes up, but it looks very very bad :/.

I still hope Sakurai had some **** to put him in....

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Laughing my *** off currently. "Ridly iz in brol cuz I said so"

x3 Kirby x.5 Metroid. I feel catered to.

Dais

Smash Cadet
!!!!!!! Sonofash*ttaco!!!!!! WHY?! !!!!! BLARGH! W.T.F. What the ef, people? The roster will suck balls now, face it! 35 & one is ROB? At least let that not be true!! You know ROB will be some weird Char that conjures subspace thugs (that you play as) If thats true it still sucks! ...... waited so long ...

spindash

Smash Ace
Isn't it so much fun?
... the hell, seriously. -_-;

You guys are pricks. So Ridley didn't make the cut as playable. Big whoop. I'm a fan, and I'm easy to accept that fact. But you guys are just really starting to piss me off.

Do me a favor and cram it. Even if you're getting the reaction that you want. Let the fans complain. Not everyone's not going to like everything, but not everyone should have to slander the others just because something didn't happen for them.

Screw off. :\

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I don't get how they could listen to the fans who wanted to Lucario when he has no real importance. The only thing going for him was popularity. yet Ridley who was easily more popular than Lucario, was also important to his franchise which was seriously lacking reps yet he gets bosified?

Oh well. At this point the only thing that would really piss me off is if another Metroid character (other than Maybe Dark Samus) was playable. Like if one of the hunters is playable I will be pissed

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Awwww. Kept getting killed by him in the Metroid games? I feel so sorry for you. P:
Actually, I only played Fusion. I didn't like the Metroid series very much. Megaman ftw.

Besides, from what I can tell, all Ridley ever did was get his *** beat and get reincarnated in some way to get killed again by Samus. Samus deserves PC from that. Ridley seems like a weakling, if you ask me. He shouldn't be too much of an SSE boss.

ps I don't get the whole Lucario thing either.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Besides, from what I can tell, all Ridley ever did was get his *** beat and get reincarnated in some way to get killed again by Samus. Samus deserves PC from that. Ridley seems like a weakling, if you ask me. He shouldn't be too much of an SSE boss.
He also killed Samus's mother in front of her. Not just a cool, recurring boss fight; he's incredibly important to the story.

For me, the real issue isn't even so much that Ridley failed to make the cut, it's just that we're there games into the Smash series and Metroid still only has one selectable, playable character. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Actually, I only played Fusion. I didn't like the Metroid series very much. Megaman ftw.

ps I don't get the whole Lucario thing either.
Kinda of like how Link always kicks Ganondorfs *** or Mario always kicks bowsers?

Top Bottom