• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

DarkPython

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know where I put my pokemon pacs? Do they go in a common pac or something?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Does anyone know where I put my pokemon pacs? Do they go in a common pac or something?
Go into wii/rsbe/pf/item, then put a file for each Pokemon with their Japanese name (for Goldeen, wii/rsbe/pf/item/tosakinto (japanese name of this Pokemon)).

Then put the pac file for each of them with this title : Pkm(Japanese Pokemon name)Brres.pac (example for Goldeen : PkmTosakintoBrres.pac)

I hope it helped :)

__Gold__

Smash Cadet
How do you load custom CSS And SSS in riivolution?
I did it in both common5.pac and putting the actual CSS and SSS file in my SD card
Please help!
If not make it for me
Red & Black CSS And SSS into one so i can put it on my SD Card

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I did it in both common5.pac and putting the actual CSS and SSS file in my SD card
Please help!
If not make it for me
Same problem (at least for the CSS). Naming it sc_selcharacter doesn't do ANYTHING, and sc_selcharacter_en just crashes the game.

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I got Riivolution today and everything works great. But I am just wondering how do I use Custom CSS/SSS backgrounds? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks in advance.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hello, I got Riivolution today and everything works great. But I am just wondering how do I use Custom CSS/SSS backgrounds? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks in advance.
It seems like EVERYONE is having this problem... lol.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
For people with the CSS/SSS problem sc_character/sc_selmap don't exist in the game's iso and since riivolution loads by the iso the sc_character/sc_selmap files don't load.

To fix this problem you have to replace the sc_character/sc_selmap inside the common5 for it to work.

Anybody need moar explaining?

__Gold__

Smash Cadet
For people with the CSS/SSS problem sc_character/sc_selmap don't exist in the game's iso and since riivolution loads by the iso the sc_character/sc_selmap files don't load.

To fix this problem you have to replace the sc_character/sc_selmap inside the common5 for it to work.

Anybody need moar explaining?
I did it but it didn't work >.>
Where am i supposed to put it???
Like i found a clean common5.pac then i edited it with brawlbox and everything >.>
I rightclicked then replace then choose the CSS and SSS and then i put it on the wii and nothing >.>
I'm using Bionic Sonic's Brawl Mod Launcher v2 for Riivolution

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
For those have CSS problems with Riivolution, you're probably not using the replace feature in brawlbox right. Additionally, if you think you've modified the common5_en.pac file and do not see the changes in-game, you're custom common5_en.pac file is now corrupted and instead /menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac is being loaded on disc.

__Gold__

Smash Cadet
For those have CSS problems with Riivolution, you're probably not using the replace feature in brawlbox right. Additionally, if you think you've modified the common5_en.pac file and do not see the changes in-game, you're custom common5_en.pac file is now corrupted and instead /menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac is being loaded on disc.
I just didn't put it on the right folder :)
so mine was good :p
it is because i found a clean common5.pac so yeah

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Please help!
If not make it for me
Same problem (at least for the CSS). Naming it sc_selcharacter doesn't do ANYTHING, and sc_selcharacter_en just crashes the game.
Yeah for some strange reason, while sc_selcharacter.pac overpowers common5.pac with Gecko OS, it's the other way around with Riivolution.

Also, I did notice that removing the MotionEtc archives from common5.pac doesn't affect Squirtle nor Charizard at all with Riivolution. With this knowledge, you could easily reduce common5's memory to as little as 5 MB (maybe even lower, depending on the quality of the texture parts inside the compressed archives).

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
Yeah for some strange reason, while sc_selcharacter.pac overpowers common5.pac with Gecko OS, it's the other way around with Riivolution.

Also, I did notice that removing the MotionEtc archives from common5.pac doesn't affect Squirtle nor Charizard at all with Riivolution. With this knowledge, you could easily reduce common5's memory to as little as 5 MB (maybe even lower, depending on the quality of the texture parts inside the compressed archives).

If you delete the entire contents of common5_en.pac, the appropriate files will be found and streamed from the disc instead. What the common5_en.pac really does is it makes it easier and faster to load the files it contains. If the common5_en.pac isn't able to be used then from the disc /menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac and the like are pulled and streamed; therefore, if you put in a corrupted common5_en.pac and a valid sc_selcharacter_en.pac, whatever you replaced sc_selcharacter_en.pac with will be loaded.

It can also be of some importance to note that the file patch code didn't "overpower" common5.pac with sc_selcharacter.pac. The game actually creates a file called sc_selcharacter.pac on the Wii for Brawl to use so it doesn't have to stream from the disc. When you replace common5_en.pac in Riivolution, whatever sc_selcharacter_en.pac you have in it will be created on the Wii as sc_selcharacter.pac which does mean that once it's been loaded from the SD/USB it will never look a the SD/USB for common5_en.pac again.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
What about pal users? i'm having so much problems with the CSS,and i can't finda common 5 pal..i had it before, but i've formatted and now the links are broken.
And also the pal common5 hasn't got sc_selmap sc_selcharacter etc...

∫unk

Smash Master
My game will freeze in the result screen if I hit start too fast... it's really annoying T-T

I have a custom CSS and I have both common5.pac and sc_selcharacter.pac in the appropriate folders... should I take one out?

I'm using Riivolution, and also using Japanese voices (if that changes anything).

Edit: Also some of the portraits/stage select stages are something other than their default. I would like these to be default... is that cause of the common5.pac?

I'm using this CSS: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4415&Moderated=All#ByUserID=4477&Moderated=All

It's the only CSS he's loaded.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I just didn't put it on the right folder :)
so mine was good :p
it is because i found a clean common5.pac so yeah
Mine still won't work. I downloaded a completely fresh common5, replaced the sc_selcharacter, and got absolutely no change. ;-;

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Would it help if I mentioned that you have to include the _en part for common5.pac; name it common5_en.pac.

Riivolution requires certain files to have _en in their file names, or else they won't be read. This includes Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash, Captain Falcon's red outfit, and any files that contain English language contents. Look at the Brawl ISO contents (available via the link below) to know which files end with _en.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Alternatively, you can also put an extra <file> tag in the XML to accommodate for the _en, like this:
Code:
<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac"/>

Michi

Smash Apprentice
A friend has a problem with Riivolution.
Always when he click "launch" his gets a black screen.
I gave him all my riivolution files and it also freezes.
He just has textures and music hacks.
Why it freezes???

__Gold__

Smash Cadet
Mine still won't work. I downloaded a completely fresh common5, replaced the sc_selcharacter, and got absolutely no change. ;-;
I put it under
Root:/Brawlmods/System
that is how i put it....
i got a fresh one if you want it....
Private Message me for it....
My fresh is 11.6 MBs
I loaded Blue CSS and Red Map and custom everything and my brawl is running smoothly and even with custom THP

__Gold__

Smash Cadet
Would it help if I mentioned that you have to include the _en part for common5.pac; name it common5_en.pac.

Riivolution requires certain files to have _en in their file names, or else they won't be read. This includes Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash, Captain Falcon's red outfit, and any files that contain English language contents. Look at the Brawl ISO contents (available via the link below) to know which files end with _en.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170
I didn't put _en and it worked just fine without it......

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
My game will freeze in the result screen if I hit start too fast... it's really annoying T-T

I have a custom CSS and I have both common5.pac and sc_selcharacter.pac in the appropriate folders... should I take one out?

I'm using Riivolution, and also using Japanese voices (if that changes anything).

Edit: Also some of the portraits/stage select stages are something other than their default. I would like these to be default... is that cause of the common5.pac?

I'm using this CSS: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4415&Moderated=All#ByUserID=4477&Moderated=All

It's the only CSS he's loaded.
Could you explain to me how you get the Japanese voices? I want that too. :p

U.N. Aua was her?

Smash Rookie
A friend has a problem with Riivolution.
Always when he click "launch" his gets a black screen.
I gave him all my riivolution files and it also freezes.
He just has textures and music hacks.
Why it freezes???
Frankly, it's not only the Freeze, which contains Evilness, Riivolution doesn't replace the files.
Although you gave me the files, which works on your Wii and Riivolution. =/
But you know that already. ^^

Hellow @ all. =D

Well, now I got FW 4.2 on my Wii, with the hopefull thought, that it works now...
But it doesn't.
Even if I just enable the File Code Replacement (Germany), the textures aren't in SSBB then.
Yes, my Wii is from Germany. ^^ And if I enable one of the Ocarina Handler Hooks, it freezes.
Does anyone know an answer? <.<

I would be grateful. x3 Or something.. idk.

__Gold__

Smash Cadet
Could you explain to me how you get the Japanese voices? I want that too. :p
Download it and then use rivolution to use them
it is a audiopack you download online and i'm run it and it is awesomeness :) but wolf Japanese is booboo

Top Bottom