• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riskiest Character?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Which character is riskiest to use if not mastered? I'm thinking Yoshi, because he depends on DjC so much.

Discus.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I would say Mewtwo. Very large and very light weight. You will be killed so easily if you don't know what you're doing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What, nobody says Yoshi? I say that Falco is riskier than FOx because he depends so much more on SHL and his upB is so much shorter.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fox is not risky in the least O_o. falco is much worse, and even then, it's not that risky. are you guys talking accidental forward b? or falling into a combo?

ness is much worse. and yoshi.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I say that Falco is riskier than FOx because he depends so much more one SHL and his upB is so much shorter.
This does not make a character risky. What does is more the risk of Self Destructing, and in that case Fox is by far the "riskiest". I am not going to go into detail why because I literally could write a five page paper on it.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
five pages.. psh! lol

i would say the riskiest character is... bowser. if u miss ANY attacks, hes slow enuff to be dodged > pwnd quickly. even with shffling hes still pretty slow. i wouldnt risk throwing out random aerials.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Yea I would also agree with Bowser being the riskiest char. One mistake and your stock is gone. Especially against CF.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Falco's Up+B is shorter, but remember his jumps are higher...

Really, can you call anyone "riskiest"? If you don't know what you are doing, anything is pretty risky there. You don't know what's good to use, what's bad to use, or HOW to use it, so you're gonna do pretty bad anyway. I can see where all the Fox comments come from, everyone says his controls need to be something to get used to. Enough to throw you off. Also, with Fox, with the many good players you can compare the "clueless person" to, you'd look even worse.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
naw fox and falco are sorta candidates if you still sd with phantasm which i try not to

but really

its zelda

i mean , ****n, have you tried playing her? she is like light slow, bad recovery, akward, and has a ****yy projectile

offcell

Smash Apprentice
naw fox and falco are sorta candidates if you still sd with phantasm which i try not to

but really

its zelda

i mean , ****n, have you tried playing her? she is like light slow, bad recovery, akward, and has a ****yy projectile
Are you kidding me? Zelda rocks so hard. Her fairs and bairs can be a b*tch sometimes. :p

lain

Smash Master
Captain Douglas J. Falcon.

He lives life on the fast lane, doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants, at all times.

Skler

Smash Master
Probably bowser, hes laggy and huge. One mistake and you get into a combo. Let's not forget how far his recovery goes.

Fox isn't risky, all you need to do is not phantasm off the edge. Must be really risky to have an obvious advantage over most of the other characters.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
for not bottom tier characters I think it´s the Ice Climbers, how many people do you see playing them at tournaments, or even friendlies, well they are not too common....

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
This does not make a character risky. What does is more the risk of Self Destructing, and in that case Fox is by far the "riskiest". I am not going to go into detail why because I literally could write a five page paper on it.
That's a terrible reason. "I could say why, but I won't because I could." Something's wrong on this one... I entirely disagree with Fox. The only "risky" part is side+B-ing off the edge and being combo'd due to fastfallingness, which rarely happens as much as being combo'd for not being a fastfaller.

For riskiest? While I partially agree with "There is no risky character if you know how to play the character", I can't fully agree with that. Some characters are made riskier than others. My personal vote has to go to either Mewtwo or Bowser. With Bowser, if you miss an attack you're almost definately about to be hit, maybe combo'd. With Mewtwo, it's a little harder to be hit just because you missed an attack, but it's much more lethal if it happens. Fox is one of the LEAST risky characters.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Falco. As some guy once said, "Falco is his own worst enemy."

His extreme fastfalling speed, combined with his not-so-great recovery...any accident on the edge can easily be a lost stock. And of course there's always the risk of accidental dair suicides and Phantasm suicides (mostly due to SHL).

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I think that ICs are the riskiest because if you are a newb with them and have no idea how to desynch or utilize their invaluable WD then you're pretty much screwed.

flintstone

Smash Cadet
like it has been said many times before, the character is only risky if u cnt play well with them, as bad as falco is, as long as u can keep the mistakes to a minimum then ur fine.

my falco used to be a constant d-air killer with suicides, but tactics have changed and i can now recover perfectly from it on most occasions.
teching also helps keep falco close to the edge so he can have a higher chance of recovery

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
What would you know you live in RI

..oh never mind

When do the fests turn to Fridays?

And yea your probably right :chuckle:

Tera253

Smash Ace
Roy. worst recovery in the game, and one wrong move (or non L-cancelled move) means you're screwed.
~Tera253~

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
hmm...maybe jiggs? Jiggs rely on WOP, and against a marth one wrong Fsmash could mean death for the light baloon. Shes too light. Also, rest combos are sorta risky. If you miss a rest...ya nuff said.

I also agree with Ness. People can just jump out and take his PK Thunder. Especially against jiggs. Poor little ness.

And yes, Yoshi can get gimped very very badly. Poor Yoshi. If you see this thread yoshi, I'm sorry that you get gimped so bad.

Fox is definitely not risky though.

mangler

Smash Cadet
any character can be the riskiest it depends on what the player chooses to do thats how ssbm works although some characters are more commonly known for doing risky things it all go back to the player at hand:rolleyes:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
any character can be the riskiest it depends on what the player chooses to do thats how ssbm works although some characters are more commonly known for doing risky things it all go back to the player at hand:rolleyes:
But which is riskiest?

Top Bottom