• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT: Standard OU

Niiro

Smash Ace
Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Atk / 28 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Lead, set up stealth rocks, and explodes. Usually takes 1-3 pokemon out (usually 1 and a half). Considering running Lum berry to deal with hypnosis.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed

Standard late game sweeper, jolly to surprise people/other lucario. Great success so far, though lost a few matches because of the lower attack (compared to Adamant)

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Standard Phazer. Works pretty well. Not much to say on this guy.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Immunity was there on accident, but I learned to love it. People always try toxicing this guy. 0rly wants me to replace Fire Punch with Rest, and item to Chesto Berry.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 116 Atk / 200 Spd / 192 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed

My goto wall breaker. This guy never survives a full match, but he usually takes out 2-3 pokemon with him.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Calm nature was a mistake when first making this team (this guy was originally a Special Wall along with Snorlax), but it gives better survivability against opposing Zapdos, and other special attackers.

Moderate success with this team, got to top 200 in 2 days on the /tr/ server on Pokemon Online. Any suggestions? And yeah, I noticed all my sets are almost cut and pasted from Smogon, but whatever works.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
/tr/ server is pretty terrible in my experience.

Snorlax should be running 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 something, not 255 / 255.

I'll comment more when I care enough to figure out how your team works together.

Niiro

Smash Ace
/tr/ server is pretty terrible in my experience.
Yeah, they are pretty bad. Only battles I really lost are due to hax (flamethrower burning my snorlax, thunderbolt paralyzing my zapdos, etc etc). I just like using Pokemon Online more than Shoddy because it looks more clean.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Zapdos's EV spread is inefficient. Go with 200 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 56 SpDef with a Modest Nature or something, it'll get you more total stats.

Dragonite's a pretty meh wallbreaker. Infernape's mostly better. mind sharing why you chose Dragonite?

Niiro

Smash Ace
Zapdos's EV spread is inefficient. Go with 200 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 56 SpDef with a Modest Nature or something, it'll get you more total stats.

Dragonite's a pretty meh wallbreaker. Infernape's mostly better. mind sharing why you chose Dragonite?
I will probably use Modest over Calm on Zapdos, I though I was until I was posting this RMT.

I use Dragonite over Infernape because Dnite is stronger and more sturdy. Also, don't want a third Eq weakness.

Niiro

Smash Ace
You already have two EQ immunites, it's not really an issue for your team. Replace Dragonite with Infernape. It'll do the job much better.
I have two EQ immunites because of dragonite bro. And I'm not sure how Infernape can do better than Dragonite, could someone give me some numbers?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
infernape has access to sword dance and nasty plot, while having a weird base speed of 108, meaning that he doesn't have to run max speed in order to outspeed a certain tier (which leads to having more power)

he's also way more versatile than dragonite, while yes there are mainly two sets run, he can run like 30 viable sets (it's probably lower than that but it's a lot) and even within the sets, he's still versatile as hell, since his speed stat is unique, meaning that the only tie he runs into is himself

Cubes

Smash Cadet
If you really want to use Dragonite over Infernape, then use his strengths to the fullest, and make him a bulky stallbreaker as opposed to making him essentially a lesser Infernape. Giving him Roost over Extremespeed will give him extra survivability, allowing him to take a lesser hit much easier. It's not easy to use him, but it can be worth it.

You might be better off slapping a Choice Band on Snorlax, and making Zapdos more bulky. Right now, it seems like those 2 pokes are in flux, and they don't do either job well (attacking and special walling).

You could always go adamant and agility on lucario, I feel Lucario is powerful enough with adamant that getting the first hit in is a bigger problem (remedied by agility). You would put Ice Punch over ES in that case. You also have the entry hazards to help pull this off.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Can you please tell me what you plan to do against Machamp and Azelf leads?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Give Lucario Bullet Punch. Despite losing your ability to kill Rotom (I'm suggesting the replacement of Crunch), you will OHKO Gengar and ScarfTar. Rotom is usually brought out early game regardless, so make sure you take it out before your sweep.

Your team has a Swampert/Gliscor/Hippo problem. Zapdos can take care of Gliscor (somewhat) but not the others (DNite kinda can but Pert and Gliscor can carry IceBeam/IcePunch/StoneEdge).
Infernape is also something to be scared off. Lucky for you, people don't use SwordsDance Nape anymore, because that specific set as enough to beat this entire team singlehandedly.

Niiro

Smash Ace
That's three, actually. Zapdos, Skarmory, Dragonite.
I excluded Dragonite when I counted the EQ immunites.
Sorry, forgot to count Zapdos.
infernape has access to sword dance and nasty plot, while having a weird base speed of 108, meaning that he doesn't have to run max speed in order to outspeed a certain tier (which leads to having more power)

he's also way more versatile than dragonite, while yes there are mainly two sets run, he can run like 30 viable sets (it's probably lower than that but it's a lot) and even within the sets, he's still versatile as hell, since his speed stat is unique, meaning that the only tie he runs into is himself
I still don't see how Dragonite is lesser than Infernape. Dnite still hits harder than Infernape, and isn't ***** by priority either. Infernape's role would be too close to Lucario's (imo), so I really don't feel comfortable using him on this team.
If you really want to use Dragonite over Infernape, then use his strengths to the fullest, and make him a bulky stallbreaker as opposed to making him essentially a lesser Infernape. Giving him Roost over Extremespeed will give him extra survivability, allowing him to take a lesser hit much easier. It's not easy to use him, but it can be worth it.

You might be better off slapping a Choice Band on Snorlax, and making Zapdos more bulky. Right now, it seems like those 2 pokes are in flux, and they don't do either job well (attacking and special walling).

You could always go adamant and agility on lucario, I feel Lucario is powerful enough with adamant that getting the first hit in is a bigger problem (remedied by agility). You would put Ice Punch over ES in that case. You also have the entry hazards to help pull this off.
Well, since Salamence is uber, Dragonite no longer is considered an 'inferior but bulkier' Salamence. I originally ran Roost, but because how slow my team is, I kinda had a problem with only one (not counting Metagross) priority user.

Snorlax has been giving me no problems so far, except from being burned by flamethrower, and Zapdos has been filling his role nicely as well. I might edit in that EV set that someone mentioned earlier, but SBmobile is kind hard to use -.-

I never really liked Agilucario, simply because he really can't do much without setting up. My current Lucario can still spam Extreme Speed late game with great effect, though I might consider running Adamant nature.
Can you please tell me what you plan to do against Machamp and Azelf leads?
Machamp:
1st turn: I use SR, he Dynamic Punches
2cd turn: I use Explode, he either faints, or I hurt myself and he punches again.
3rd turn: see 2cd turn.

Azelf:
1st turn: I use SR first, he fire blasts
2cd turn: If I see that I can survive another fireblast, I use explosion, if not, bullet punch to ruin the Focus sash, and die
or
1st turn: he taunts, I (attempt) to use SR
2cd turn: he uses SR, I use bullet punch
3rd turn: he uses Fire Blast, I use explosion
or
1st turn: We both use SR
2cd turn: He uses Fire Blast, I use Bullet Punch
3rd turn: If I can survive another Fire Blast, I use Explosion, if not, Bullet Punch again.

I know that I am really wasting a bullky pokemon that could serve some purpose late game, but this pokemon's purpose is merely to set up SR and try to take down some other pokemon with it.
Give Lucario Bullet Punch. Despite losing your ability to kill Rotom (I'm suggesting the replacement of Crunch), you will OHKO Gengar and ScarfTar. Rotom is usually brought out early game regardless, so make sure you take it out before your sweep.

Your team has a Swampert/Gliscor/Hippo problem. Zapdos can take care of Gliscor (somewhat) but not the others (DNite kinda can but Pert and Gliscor can carry IceBeam/IcePunch/StoneEdge).
Infernape is also something to be scared off. Lucky for you, people don't use SwordsDance Nape anymore, because that specific set as enough to beat this entire team singlehandedly.
I might use that Bullet Punch advice, and yeah, Hippo is a problem. It generally takes a coordinated team effort to take him down ._.

I never had a problem with infernape, actually. I run ES on 2 pokemon, which is generally enough to kill him.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
infernape deals more damage due to the NP and SD boosts he can abuse

if infernape uses one of them with a max attack, he roughly has a stat of around 580 for the boosted attack

he also has awesome STAB and can use his final moveslot for any coverage move he wants (HP Ice, Grass Knot, Thunderpunch, Stone Edge, etc)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There aren't a lot of things that force a switch out against Infernape, though. Usually they just sacrifice or something. There's a reason MixApe sets are seen far, FAR more often than any setup sets.

Just a note, though... though Infernape has less base Atk, his STAB allows both Flamethrower and Close Combat to hit harder than Dragonite's Fire Blast and Superpower, respectively. He's also significantly faster.

Cubes

Smash Cadet
You could run Celebi over Zapdos.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Grass Knot
-Recover
-Thunder Wave / Heal Bell
-Hidden Power Ice

Takes care of your Swampert, Hippowdon, and Gliscor problem (those without U-turn). Thunder Wave is very nice for your slower team, and makes it easier to give Lucario Adamant. Heal Bell, on the other hand, gets rid of status that your team doesn't like, and let's Snorlax switch to Thick Fat, which is important because this Celebi is completely countered by Heatran. I would be OK with switching some EV's from Defense to Special defense, since Zapdos was a special defense wall, but the EV's given are probably better overall.

Niiro

Smash Ace
You could run Celebi over Zapdos.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Grass Knot
-Recover
-Thunder Wave / Heal Bell
-Hidden Power Ice

Takes care of your Swampert, Hippowdon, and Gliscor problem (those without U-turn). Thunder Wave is very nice for your slower team, and makes it easier to give Lucario Adamant. Heal Bell, on the other hand, gets rid of status that your team doesn't like, and let's Snorlax switch to Thick Fat, which is important because this Celebi is completely countered by Heatran. I would be OK with switching some EV's from Defense to Special defense, since Zapdos was a special defense wall, but the EV's given are probably better overall.
Tried that set, did fairly well, but I lost a few matches because of how much I relied on Zapdos's Speed =)

Okay, I just made an account on the Smogon server on shoddy, and I can fairly easily get to around 1300, but that is about it =/

Things I have changed:
Zapdos has a 252/4/252 Timid (4 in defense)
Lucario has Bullet Punch over Crunch (<3)
and that is about it. I fooled around with Infernape over Dragonite, and he worked fairly well. I still prefer Dragonite over nape because of the bulk and priority, but it seems everytime I use him, the other team decides not run Swampert, Hippo, or other bulky ground types o.o Hippo/Pert are still problems for this team, my only real solution for them is for Dnite to spam DracoMeteor and Metagross's Explosion. If I can set up SDLuke tho, those problems disappear. Rotom forms are a pain to deal with, especially the trick variants, and it takes a tremedous effort to deal with them. The only way they really die is by constant switches into SR >.> Or a predicted switch into a Dracometeor, etc etc.

Top Bottom