• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ROAD TO APEX* - King Funk's Castle II: Måske [KFC2] - RE-OPENED/SPOTS AVAILABLE

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Is the limit 48 or do you plan to expand the limit?
I think that due to some circumstances and recent developments I will have to limit this event to 48 players at this time. If this event turns out to be successful, I'll make sure the 3rd one (KFC3) allows for many more people to come. ^^

However even though there won't be that many players, you can expect some of the best players to come and you can expect a really nice, cozy and enjoyable event.

It's just my personal opinion but I tend to prefer the small/medium sized, well organized events with lots of time for friendlies over massive tournaments. Even though Apex 2012 was an awesome experience for me, I only ended up playing like 4-5 friendlies.

EDIT: Also, I recommend people to start buying tickets/confirm for the event. There are 48 spots for it, the first to take them go!

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
This tournament is now part of the "Road to Apex" circuit!

If you are planning to attend Apex 2013, this is great opportunity for you to grab some seeding points for the world's largest smash tournament!

Get hype!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Fuzzyness remember where trying to save a few pennies got you, I say go to the closest airport to the venue, that £20 extra would only be going towards travel anyway.

CXV

Smash Rookie
4 players from Norway is completly confirmed.
CXV, Potato Chips, Kami and MoleChrusher.
Hyped!

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I made a stagelist for Project M, I'd like to have some feedback on it if possible. Also, players will be allowed 2 stage bans in any set for the Project M side event.

Starters/Neutrals:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Metal Cavern
Skyloft
Green Hill Zone
WarioWare
Rumble Falls
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Beat!

Smash Master
I made a stagelist for Project M, I'd like to have some feedback on it if possible. Also, players will be allowed 2 stage bans in any set for the Project M side event.

Starters/Neutrals:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Metal Cavern
Skyloft
Green Hill Zone
WarioWare
Rumble Falls
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Remove PS1 imo. The only good part of PS is the neutral transformation, which PS2 already has.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Hmm, good point. Leffen also asked me whether keeping PS1 was really necessary. I'll gather a few more opinions on the matter and then I'll probably remove it.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Couldn't find a flight thats affordable yet :/

:phone:
The only thing I found in my quick search were Air France tickets that were around 170€.

Are trains in Germany expensive? If you can somehow find a cheap way to go to Berlin, EasyJet flights from Berlin to Copenhagen only cost 46€.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Yeah I also found that 170€ flight.
If I'd travel to berlin by train I'd pay like 200€ one way :D

too bad
i'm going to look around some more this week but it doesn't seem like i'd be able to make it

WIDL

We Are Born
I'm pretty sure I have the money covered. Haven't booked tickets yet, but I'm pretty much confirmed.

As for a side event after P:M, how about SSB64? Just a suggestion. :)
With 48 players, there might not be that many players from each country no? A lot of Danish and Swedish people will come I presume.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I think low tiers, crews (draft or country), project M teams, project M new characters only, and probably more I haven't though of, would all be more popular than ssb64.

As for danish players. Don't worry, the danish community is very small. Especially the active ones. More than 10 is quite unlikely tbh. Not impossible though, could go 15+ (still below 20) if the falster region shows up, but they haven't been showing themselves for quite a while. But yeah, Sweden+Denmark could end up taking half the spots... Or even all because Sweden has so many players... Just more reason to confirm yourselves quickly :p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Armada is quite likely to come. Mahie, Fays and some other top smash 64 players might come too, so a smash 64 side-event with maybe 8 entrants is not impossible.

My main idea for a side-event was actually a "character auction tournament", the concept of which I'll explain later. I'm quite tired right now.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
so there's some really cheap flights going to aarhus w/ ryanair. what's the best and cheapest way to get from aarhus to copenhagen? trying to find an alternative to norwegian/sas/bus.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I don't know other ways to go. And like I said, trains are expensive for foreign students in Denmark because you need something called a wildcard to be able to buy the cheap tickets (and that alone costs 180-200DKK and will then last for a year). The only good thing about taking the train would be that you could go with tomber, navn and myself, lol.

The bus or plane will by far be the cheapest for you for another reason as well - you won't have to buy a bus ticket to Århus which also costs like 100DKK.

Edit: Considering you're out this early you MIGHT be able to get some orange train tickets, which can also be quite cheap, but I wouldn't count on it, and you can't start buying train tickets before 2 months ahead :) (cheap means like 100-300 one way so it will still only be the same as the bus)

WIDL

We Are Born
I think low tiers, crews (draft or country), project M teams, project M new characters only, and probably more I haven't though of, would all be more popular than ssb64.
Poor old SSB64, always forgotten in Europe. ;__;

Oh well, it was only a suggestion. P:M teams sounds cool too.

Taka92

Smash Rookie
Taka from Norway here. I'll be taking the boat from Oslo to Copenhagen.

I got the tickets fo free so I'm confirmed for sure.

:phone:

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Nine norwegians confirmed already. What is this? An invasion? o.o

Poor old SSB64, always forgotten in Europe. ;__;

Oh well, it was only a suggestion. P:M teams sounds cool too.
It's not forgotten, it's just played online mostly. If you want to play more 64 you should get a USB controller/converter and join the European 64 chat on MSN. There's a thread about how to do so on the Smash 64 section here on smashboards: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271733

WIDL

We Are Born
I know, but I can't stand playing online, I really prefer the gamecube controller, or even the N64 one (I believe there are possibilites to get them, but yeahhhh).

Anyhow, it's not a big deal. I look forward to all the events. :)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I would like to make it clear to everyone attending that we recommend you to arrive on the 4th or 5th of October, not the days before. There are only about 2 players who can house others in Copenhagen. This is actually the main reason I booked the venue on the day before the events start, so that people can travel to Copenhagen without any time constraints and without needing to ask/find housing/hotels.

.NRG

Smash Rookie
Yo I will certainly come, just need to check how my mates in northern germany feel about this.

Top Bottom