• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Bodio 2 - Local Swiss\Italian Tournament- Tourney over, results thread online

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Road To Bodio 2

This is a small tournament that will be held in Bodio, Swiss, which will feature swiss and italian smashers (well and whoever wants.)

When: 30,31 of August 07 and 1st of September

Where: Bodio is a little town in the italian part of Switzerland, actually I'm organizing the tournament but only the "logical" part of it. The swiss organizers are Ciulpa and Foociand (not registered here).
These are the instructions on how to reach Bodio:

I only know how to arrive by train, sorry. You have to reach Biasca first (www.ffs.ch)
Once you get there if you're lucky enough you can catch immediately the bus (it leaves every hour at like 14.00, 15.00, etc). the buses are just outside the train station.
The bus is a yellow one and it has written Airolo FFS on it. Once up ask the driver to get off at the first stop of Bodio. Once there we'll probably pick you up since there will be someone around the stop at every hour (the bus takes 12 minutes btw) from like 10 am to 4 pm.

Anyway, if there's nobody you'll found yourself in front of an house, just turn right and once on the right side of it go straight ahead on the climb, cross the street at the end of the climb and keep walking, you'll eventually see a church and the venue is just a bit before it on the right.

The Venue
is really good, quite big and we have mattress and pillows for everyone, we have a projector with a big screen, and around 7-8 TVs.
If someone need to be housed before the 30th or after the 1st please ask here and we'll try to find something. Anyway is preferred to just come on the 30th and leave on the 1st.

The Tournament
Inscriptions cost we'll be really low or totally absent.
There will be prize pot for Singles (first three), Low Tier Singles (first or first three undecided yet), Teams (first three) and Crews (first only).
Schedule
30th August 2007
As first as possible we'll start the Low Tier Singles Tournament. If we'll manage to end it before 9 pm we'll have a Crew Tournament (4 people x crew) right after..
31th Augusto 2007
Around 11 am we'll start pools for the Singles Tournament, once terminated the final Double Elimination (16 or 24 people still undecided) will happen. Then if we manage to end before 7 pm we'll have the Team Tournament.
1st September 2007 last day
This will be a "recover" day. I mean that we'll do what we didn't get the time to start or finish. The Team Tournament will have the priority, then Crews. If everything was already terminated, we'll have a Low Tier Team Tournament and lot of freeplay. At around 5 pm See ya and hope you had fun.

Rules
Best of 3 in pools and double, best of 5 finals, best of 7 final final.
4 Stock
8 minutes
Advanced Slob Picks
no Stage Banning
no items
Dave stupid rule
Wobbling and the others well-known things are not allowed

Random Stages
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (off in teams)
Kirby's Dreamland 64
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpick Stages
the 5 same as above, plus
Battlefield
Corneria
Onett
Rainbow Ride

Banned Stages
all the others. Sorry but this comes after lot of agreements.

Teams will be double elimination right from the start probably.

Crews will be of 4 people with 5 stocks for person. No counterpick stages allowed, only randoms. The man after the loser can choose the stage but if he does the opponent can switch character, then the loser also can.

Food
Food will be provided for who whises it for 5 ch-money (dont remember the name sorry xD) which is around 3 euros for meal. You can have 2 meals x day.

Who:
The tournament is expected to have from 20 to 35 partecipants.
Situation at the moment:

day 30th (1st day)
Dax (ITA)
Ciulpa (Swiss)
Foociand (Swiss)
Sax (Swiss)
Darkscyther (Swiss)
Luigi (Swiss)
Aldwyn (ITA)
Alain (Swiss)
Il Link (ITA)
Sam (Swiss)
Vanz (Swiss)
Welly (Swiss)
Warco (ITA)
Seretur (ITA)
Lexxil (GER)
Ravenlord (GER)
Smashclod (Swiss)
$hYne (GER)
Atos (ITA)
Vykx (ITA)
Mare (ITA)
Lobia (ITA)
Yomedrath (GER)
Alessio(ITA)
Manu(ITA)
(25)

day 31th (2nd day)
Dax (ITA)
Ciulpa (Swiss)
Foociand (Swiss)
Sax (Swiss)
Darkscyther (Swiss)
Luigi (Swiss)
Aldwyn (ITA)
Alain (Swiss)
Il Link (ITA)
Sam (Swiss)
Vanz (Swiss)
Welly (Swiss)
Warco (ITA)
Seretur (ITA)
Collomb(ITA)
Lexxil (GER)
Ravenlord (GER)
Smashclod (Swiss)
AE (Swiss, Zurich)
X-Blaze (Swiss, Zurich)
$hYne (GER)
Atos (ITA)
Vykx (ITA)
Mare (ITA)
Lobia (ITA)
Yomedrath (GER)
Alessio(ITA)
Manu(ITA)
(28)

last day:
Dax (ITA)
Ciulpa (Swiss)
Foociand (Swiss)
Sax (Swiss)
Darkscyther (Swiss)
Luigi (Swiss)
Aldwyn (ITA)
Alain (Swiss)
Sam (Swiss)
Vanz (Swiss)
Welly (Swiss)
Warco (ITA)
Collomb(ITA)
Seretur (ITA)
Lexxil (GER)
Ravenlord(GER)
AE (Swiss, Zurich)
X-Blaze (Swiss, Zurich)
$hYne (GER)
Atos (ITA)
Vykx (ITA)
Mare (ITA)
Lobia (ITA)
Yomedrath (GER)
Alessio(ITA)
Manu(ITA)
(26)

For further informations contact me on msn daxrulez at hotmail at com or call Ciulpa at 0041[swiss prefix] 79 326 30 68

I saw that there are some swiss smashers in Zurich or somewhere else, please come cause it will be the biggest swiss tournament ever =P
Oh and please, if you want to come please include for what days you're coming. thanks.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
fukc why couldn´t this Tournament be announced 2 week earlier,
it´s not far from Freiburg, Germany to the swiss .

So we (NAS) are interrested but we don´t know if we can manage this until 31.

(...)

this sucks
i really like to come
oh **** i'm sorry :dizzy: we could confirm the venue just yesterday. i'm really sorry, anyway if your problem is about money we can probably give you something back, since the venue is going to cost really almost nothing. Hope you can manage this since there are some really good players attending =) (Aldwyn on all)

Ravenlord

Smash Apprentice
Heyho,

im interested in comming to that tourney.

But my problem is, i need exact train-connections from Freiburg(Germany) to the venue. If i come, ill probably come with all the NAS players, cause im staying at Smasher's house for a few days in Freiburg.

Ravenlord

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
ehyo! first, it's a really nice idea feature swiss and italian smashers. I'm a Smasher from the german part of switzerland, so I'm very interested. BUT I have the same problem like shyne (NAS). you're fu*king late. If you confirmed earlier, I could come 100% and the scene from switzerland too. I look what I can do.

And how many swiss people are there yet? I only know Darkcyther...

In our scene (switzerland) there are about 10 people. I am the organisator of our tournements. I think I could come with a few of it. but I must say it again, the organisation sucks.

greez X-Blaze

Dax

Smash Journeyman
ehyo! first, it's a really nice idea feature swiss and italian smashers. I'm a Smasher from the german part of switzerland, so I'm very interested. BUT I have the same problem like shyne (NAS). you're fu*king late. If you confirmed earlier, I could come 100% and the scene from switzerland too. I look what I can do.

And how many swiss people are there yet? I only know Darkcyther...

In our scene (switzerland) there are about 10 people. I am the organisator of our tournements. I think I could come with a few of it. but I must say it again, the organisation sucks.

greez X-Blaze
Again, I'm sorry, not my fault.
Ciulpa,Foociand,Sax,Darkscyther,Luigi,Alain are all (good^^) swiss smashers from the italian part and maybe there's another one coming.
Anyway, they are almost all of the italian part of swiss scene XD.
This tournament has a GREAT organization by the way, i'm really sorry for making this thread so late.

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
My single problem is the money, I shoul win something xDD

e\ sign me in i will attend. ill bring a camera. i can also bring a wii, ssbm (no tv ;() if wished.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
ok, the camera is not needed since we register directly on a computer. But you can make other vids if you wish =)

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
aww man, i wont be able to attend, because i dont have any money ^^

well, i wish all of you good luck, and a nice time :D

with this we´ll find out how much you improve on a single tournament xD
if lexxil beats the crap outta me after we know its worth it :D

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
okay I will come quite sure, about 70%. I aked an other smasher from Zurich and he is very interessed too. So I suppose you signe us in and if we won't come I will talk to you.

My friends name and my name:
AE (Zurich)
X-Blaze (Zurich)

greez Xb

Dax

Smash Journeyman
ok guys good to hear ^^ please tell me before the day of the tournament if you can't.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
YAAY

i might actually come :D
cause lexxil found a cheap way to get there, and i managed to get myself free ;)

<3 you all xD

well, now i gotta hope the price is gonna be able to stay that low, lexxil, i´m counting on you!!

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
Ciulpa:
Take the train at 8:09 in Zurich, you will arrive to Faido at 10:21. In Faido you should take the yellow bus that has written "Bellinzona FFS" on the top. The bus stop is in front of the station, and the bus should be already there. Ask to the driver about the SECOND stop of Bodio, you should drop there. In 10 mins you should arrive to Bodio, where someone will come to pick you up ^^.
Me:
Anyway AE has my mobile phone number, so if there are problems you can call me :).
I try to found you a detailed map or something like that if you want =) but I don't think you will need it :D

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
Some Questions about the Tournament rules :

Crews will be of 3 people with 5 stocks for person. No counterpick stages allowed, only randoms
Wouldn´t it be better to have each Crew 20 Stocks ( 4 people ) ?
I mean 3 people isn´t really a crew ;)

Jungle Japes and Mute City are in discussion, but probably not.
Is this allready dicided ?
I would really like to have Mute City and Jungle Japes in .

Dax

Smash Journeyman
About the first question: more people are attending, so yes, 4 people.
About the second: no i'm sorry, they're not going to be in.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
Hell come too

well, i´m coming, but you don´t have to call me that, ecenthough thats my tag and new name
hell is coming xD

also, i have a pretty small TV i could bring, but it´s a real pain carrying that thing around.....
i´d rather not, but if it´s really needed i could bring it with me

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
NAS (Ames, Yomedrath, lexxil) Ravenlord will arrive at the 30th at 15:42... at Bodio Stazione ...

Hope there will be someone to pick us up :>

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
NAS (Ames, Yomedrath, lexxil) Ravenlord will arrive at the 30th at 15:42... at Bodio Stazione ...

Hope there will be someone to pick us up :>
Ames = Shyne

so yeah were leaving in about two hours.
Can u just post the Mailing Address of the venue so if we arrive at the wrong station
(that´s normal if lexxil is organizer ) we can ask someone lol ...

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
Haha right, we made a joke to the community and posted other results but today Dax will put the right results on, and maybe he will start working on the videos.

Top Bottom