• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Evo ~ TORYUKEN 2: Toronto Melee Championship - May 18th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

WumpaWolfy

Smash Cadet
Time to dust off the ol controller and get back into the scene, looks like you guys have an awesome series of tournies lined up. And Ryan I challenge you to a MM.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Why such an early registration deadline? I'm in the same boat as PP is on this. NCR gave everyone until a week beforehand, that would have been great.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like registration is still open until May 12th, but it's an extra $5. Not bad at all.

idea

Smash Master
Oh, they extended it? Cool...that makes sense, I think it was April 28th before 'cause the tourney was going to be on May 4th

unknown522

Some guy
alright, taking too long for the schedule, so there's the rough schedule on the first page. May be subject to change, but not too much. Closing times are set though, but I have to finalize with russel

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Are we really doing pools? It would make me happy lol.
PP said he might come because singles finished on day 1, although he hasn't said anything about coming or kit anyways.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
anyone have the participant numbers for the tournament this past weekend (with all the other games)

Hax

Smash Champion
I can make it if I can get housing and a good teammate

unknown522

Some guy
IMPORTANT!

I have to let you all know that due to numbers, we have decided to do door registration. If you register online, you save $5 but if you do at the door it's $5 more. Pre-reg now closes on May 17th, so that gives an extra 5 days as well.

Also for those that do not have paypal, you can register with me in person now. Just have the cash on hand. For example, at A&C tomorrow

I would also like to remind you all that this is for evo points, so bring your best!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Sanuzi when you get there please pay for my Melee Singles entry and Venue fee out of the money you owe me.

unknown522

Some guy
ATTENTION!

The tourney will now be run on Saturday only. The venue fee is $10 if you pre-register online, and $15 at the door. Those who have pre-registered already and paid for both days will be refunded $10 by Russell on Saturday.

I would also like you guys to let me know if you are interested in entering doubles.

unknown522

Some guy
ATTENTION!

This may be my penultimate announcement.

With the expected amount of entrants, I need to stress the importance of not being late if you are entering in the events (especially pools)! This is important for scheduling of course.

Windrose

Smash Lord
By the way, this may be huge or not. According to Evo rules, winner of the game cannot change character in contrary to MBR rules where the winner chooses to change char if he/she wishes and then the loser changes char if he/she wishes.

I don't know if this has been addressed or not as I didn't see it in the rules post for this thread.

Sorry if it has already been brought up and discussed.
==============================

This was what was posted for tournament rules in the thread:
TOURNAMENT RULES:

-We will be following EVO Rules-

Game version: US Nintendo Gamecube
Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
Wobbling is legal. Freezing is not legal.
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in 1-2-1 order.
Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
This is what's on EVO website:

Super Smash Brothers Melee

• Game version: US Nintendo Gamecube
  • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
  • Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
  • Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
  • Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in 1-2-2-1 order.
  • Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
Small differences but thought I'd bring it up incase someone decides to Leffen up the tournament.

Shout outs to Leffen.

Sanu

Smash Champion
My scheduled cleared! Actually entering this time! See you guys there :3

LETS GET HYPE UP IN HURR~!!

Ryan: Can we still pre-reg?

Top Bottom