• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Forum Resurrection (now with cheese)

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
So, do y'all think that the ROB forums will rise anew if MK is banned? Honestly, I think that'd be the most personally satisfying aspect of the ban. I've always loved reading this forum, but now there are like.... two decent posts a day. Maybe.

Also, cheese is tasty.

Sudai

Stuff here
D:

I'm generally helpful...sometimes...when the person isn't ********. >.>;;

I do agree that cheese is tasty though. I'm actually eating cheese whiz straight atm. XD

But iunno. If MK gets the shaft, I could see quite a few of the top tier boards getting more active. Activity doesn't necessarily mean good activity though. Look at the MK boards. Tons of activity, tons of ******** post.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Well, R.O.B.'s metagame simply evolved so quickly that we've run out of significant things to talk about.

Every once in a while, I see something new that catches my eye, but it tends to end up being useless for R.O.B.

Also, I freakin' love cheese. Gorgonzola + jam = holy balls.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Classic combo: apple and cheese. I particularly like a good bite of Muenster Cheese with a Gala apple.

Yeah, I understand about wanting to avoid the problem of the MK boards, but it's better than nothing. I do think that darn near anything that's already known has been addressed thoroughly in the various huge threads, but we could update some of the information on matchups and stuff. The old Matchup Thread is kinda outdated, and I'd personally enjoy seeing it reincarnated. That would be something we could do, but right now.... well, people just aren't posting.

I guess part of it's just the state of the game and of ROB at the moment, but I feel like since OS switched to MK, the ROB boards have grown withdrawn. (Note, I'm not blaming OS. It's more Sakurai's fault for making MK such an imbalancing force). The reveal of the "Reinventing ROB" deal was really the only significant thing I can remember happening in a while here, and even that didn't get a bunch of posts.

rocker1356

Smash Cadet
I think that Meta Knight has nothing to do with people not posting about ROB. I used to use him as my main but when I tried out a few new characters I realized how much better they were for me. I think that ROB is a very great character who is harder to master than some other characters unless you are a great brawler.

Sudai

Stuff here
My match-up chart and stage picking list is still there, but it's severly incomplete because I don't have experience vs a lot of the random upper-mid tier characters and I know some ROBs here do. >.o

No one feels the urge to help contribute to community projects. Even the ROB board wide video thread is barely getting anything submitted to it. We have a bunch of JCaes, a few of me, some of stingers, then a few soloSHADOWROB that I still need to add to the OP, but that's it. Not nearly enough clips for what we're going for. x.x

Also, all in favor of making the ROB community food Cheese, say aye.

Aye!

I mean, Falco has his bread, Sonic has steak, why can't ROB have cheese? D:

Oh, and frdagaa, add "cheese" into the title somewhere?

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
I dont think MK should be banned
i play gayer because of MK and I only have lost to 2 MK really
TKD and DSF
Im not trippin tho =]

Sudai

Stuff here
Ugghhh, either Shadow or 'Fu needs to change their avatar or one of them needs to get a colored name. I always get so confused when they post right after eachother. D:

(Same thing happens to me with Fogo and FakeGeorge, but they rarely post in the same threads, so it's w/e for them. XD)

Sudai

Stuff here
Nuuu~ Just get a colorful name! It's more fun that way. XD

'sides, I associate that one more with you than I do with Shadow (no offense Shadow. XD)

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I want the community food to be cheese.

But also beer and sausage. Oh my god I love beer and sausage.

And balsamic vinegar. Holy balls.

Sudai

Stuff here
I just love Cheese. Can only have one food as our community food. XD

COMMUNITY VOTE TIME!!

Cheese - 1
Sausage - 0
Eggs - 0

One vote per person. Copy + paste the list and add your vote. Write ins allowed~ :p

Aaaaannnnnddddd....GO!

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Cheese - 3
Sausage - 0
Eggs - 0

Yeah, I might add in some of my videos, except I don't have a set-up to make any.

o.O

We definitely need some more Maxxx and Hugs vids, though. I haven't seen any of theirs since like, August. It makes me a sad, sad ROB, especially since I love Maxxx's style (not that I think I could pull it off).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I hate cheese. So did Bruce Lee. That's 12 votes against cheese alone.

Anyway, ROB isn't even close to being figured out. I discovered most of the basic stuff really fast and it became very well konwn after the wifi-wars tournament, and then all sorts of little things were discovered by posteres like Sudai, Toasty, JC, etc., etc.... it all adds up to most of the "OMG LOOKIT" discoveries being, well, discovered already.

We are at tier 2 with ROB right now while most characters are still in tier 1. This gives the impression that ROB isn't improving. That's true at the moment, but it isn't because ROB can't improve. The next step is very specific matchup strategies, but we can't really get that because no one plays ROB.

Hopefully MK will be banned soon. If he is, I'll be able to come back and finish my guide and then push you guys into passing ROB from tier 2 status to tier 3.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Yay. That's pretty much exactly the sentiment I was hoping for.

Except the fromagist statement. That wasn't happy.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Well hey, what can I do? I don't have video setup so unless my tourney matches are recorded by someone else (and they aren't since I'm not good enough to hit finals sets and I'm not "name-brand" :p), they aren't. I don't live near any Smash hotspots, so the only play I get outside of tournies is Wi-Fi; I can't practice with other top players regularly. And really, that's probably the case for most of us. OS being a bum only dwindled an already small number of ROB players that can meaningfully contribute beyond theory.

"Hmm... How can we help?"

The next step is very specific matchup strategies, but we can't really get that because no one plays ROB.
Alternatively, because everyone plays MK.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Pretty much. With MK on the prowl, ROB does not make a good main. He's a secondary at best, except for us dedicated few. There isn't a whole lot of incenetive to push his game further and discover new things, because it's highly unlikely that anything we discover will turn around the MK matchup.

The community makes JCaesar a saaaaad robot :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you want to help ban MK, send me a PM and I'll fill you in on Operation Virus.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
The best way to beat a superior character, like MK, is the same way you beat superior players. Play gay. And I don't mean the standard ledge-and-projectile-camp crap MK knows his way around by now, I mean abuse CP stages for all they're worth. Ram UAir up his *** all day on Halberd, pick stages with obstacles or hazards whenever they're unbanned and camp the crap out of them. Use what's available to you! Then hope you can steal at least one match on the neutral and their CP. ;/

I'm personally on the fence about the whole "ban MK" thing but I support your cause anyway, OS. (Broken or not, he's overpowered enough to be unhealthy for the rest of the game's development and metagame.) That said, most of us aren't abandoning ROB or quitting the game for that sole reason. :p In that case, we need an option around MK if and until he is banned.

Unfortunately for me, I'm still wavering between DK / ZSS / Snake for what my CP character for him could be. :/ Even my Wi-Fi crew doesn't have any MK mains and I can't very well learn a new character in the timeframe of tourney friendlies or even a day-before smashfest, so I still have to play ROB against him. So what do I do? I try my ****dest to figure how to beat MK as ROB for now. And though in-depth discussion might be better on their respective character boards, it also helps to know the best CP characters against him.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
If I were gonna pick up another character to try to beat MK, I'd just pick MK. I mean, it is his worst matchup.

Yeah, I'll just stick with ROB.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I hate cheese. So did Bruce Lee. That's 12 votes against cheese alone.

Anyway, ROB isn't even close to being figured out. I discovered most of the basic stuff really fast and it became very well konwn after the wifi-wars tournament, and then all sorts of little things were discovered by posteres like Sudai, Toasty, JC, etc., etc.... it all adds up to most of the "OMG LOOKIT" discoveries being, well, discovered already.

We are at tier 2 with ROB right now while most characters are still in tier 1. This gives the impression that ROB isn't improving. That's true at the moment, but it isn't because ROB can't improve. The next step is very specific matchup strategies, but we can't really get that because no one plays ROB.

Hopefully MK will be banned soon. If he is, I'll be able to come back and finish my guide and then push you guys into passing ROB from tier 2 status to tier 3.
Bruce Lee didn't hate cheese. He simply refused to eat food that didn't fit into his absurdly strict physical regiment.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
Bruce Lee didn't hate cheese. He simply refused to eat food that didn't fit into his absurdly strict physical regiment.
of course bro, he's probably one of the +90% of asians that are lactose intolerant. how in the world can you expect him to deliver that fist of death, when he has the case of mad mud butt?

as for mascot, how about nachos?i heard its world famous >_>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Actually, he wasn't fond of cheese at all. He also didn't refuse to eat food that was 'bad'; he even ate McDonald's from time to time. He just really didn't like how Americans put cheese in everything.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Actually, he wasn't fond of cheese at all. He also didn't refuse to eat food that was 'bad'; he even ate McDonald's from time to time. He just really didn't like how Americans put cheese in everything.
More specifically, he didn't like how Americans fattened up everything.

I remember watching an interview about him talking about this.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
More specifically, he didn't like how Americans fattened up everything.

I remember watching an interview about him talking about this.
He made his own protein shake for breakfast. Crazy stuff was in it. o_o

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I decided to pick up ROB as a secondary. Does that mean anything to you for resurrecting these boards?

Top Bottom