• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Sudai

Stuff here
The laser question was posed near the beginning of this thread, wasn't it? Even if it wasn't, don't we have a whole thread dedicated to the laser somewhere? Fairly sure I saw it on the first page earlier..

waks

Smash Journeyman
I think the sticky'd ROB guide mentions something about the charging time of lasers <_< which is, approx. 2 seconds for the weakest version, and around 20 for the fat one.

Edit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lt4uecX5xHA

Might be the Bair Edgeguarding OS is referring to, at 1:16.

waks

Smash Journeyman
LOL, thanks. :) I only picked up ROB a few days ago. So I read up a lot of stuff here and there, and pretty much retained most info and where I read them.

ROB is just too fun, and stage spiking with Bair looks absolutely sexy.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Run one direction, then up+b. The moment you up+b, hit left or right, depending on which way you want to face.

I personally "hadoken" it. I rotate from the top to the left.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
hahah I was wondering what the response would be :) at the lock-in we just had, it was a massive experiment of chaos. like 6 or 7 tournaments going on @_@ way more "traditional fighters"...we got some people to enter in Brawl if we got people enter in Marvel/3rd Strike [I entered in Marvel for fun and so we could support each other's scenes and get more money into the pots....and it cost me 5 to enter Marvel, and 10 for Brawl...but I was only 1 spot away from the money in Brawl :( :( :(]

anyway, point was, watching 3rd Strike...oh man...reminded me of that EVO moment. makes me want to pick up the game, sooo good. I hear SF4 is amazing [it's out in Japan already]

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I want to point out that the ultimate sexy is when Chozen "hadoken'd" his gyro.. canceled it w/out airdodging, and then finished it w/ an autocanceled Bair-->Ftilt...

wtf i am amazing.

bajisci

Smash Ace
when i do that overswarm i start up b'ing in the opposite direction, such as keep going the direction u are running, like start running right, then up b still going right with back facing right, when i run forward up b and hadoken left i start moving left O_o

Overswarm

is laughing at you
when i do that overswarm i start up b'ing in the opposite direction, such as keep going the direction u are running, like start running right, then up b still going right with back facing right, when i run forward up b and hadoken left i start moving left O_o
oops, I forgot.

The last input you put in is the direction you are moving. So, after the hadoken, mash the direction you want to move.

So... Run right, up+b with the hadoken left, then mash right. Very quickly.

R.O.B.O.T.

Smash Cadet
Ok I just read through this entire thread (Yes all 36 pages) and I have seen these two startegies discussed seperately but not used together. Shooting a gyro to the edge when the opponent is grabbing it so the invincibilty wears off then stage spiking the with Bariel. Overswarm, do you ever do this?

TheLegend

Smash Ace
Chozen does not lower himself to play with the masses online..

Nor does he own a Wii or have wireless internets.

And yet he is too good... i personally have posted outside his house for days just to see his socks and pick the hair out of his used combs....

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Wow this topic got quite derailed...

Anywho, question(s) here:

How do I not suck against Donkey Kong? While trying to edge guard I found out DK is invincible while starting up-b, and his up-b can easily do 20~30% if it connects on the majority of the hits. I also found that it had a lot more horizontal recovery than a giant non-aerodynamic monkey should ever have. DK has amazing range, packs a powerful punch that's pretty much a kill above 50% if it's fully charged, hell, all his smashes are ****, 3 spikes, and 3 moves with SA. Logically what I should be doing is spamming lasers/gyro's and looking to punish him when he uses his laggy moves. But considering I usually still need to get him to around 150%+ to kill, this is kinda annoying. It didn't help that he always took me to Pokemon Stadium, I just don't like that level. Well, I'm just johning about stage now, don't think there was any inherent factors from the stage that let me lose, maybe I just plain suck.

TLDR: Are there any particular tricksies or tips to deal with DK short of going DDD?

Top Bottom