• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
im terrified with the mariobros matchup, one screwup, and your're effed up the butthole.

about marth? any smart rob with a decent sense of spacing can eliminate many options for approaching.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Some of the matchups are debatable, but my point still stands: no single character is **** when MK is taken out of the picture. The top 5 or 6 are fairly well balanced and are all capable of winning large tournaments (along with the occasional Wario, Peach, Diddy, Kirby, etc. out of left field).

OS I have to know, what thread is your sig quote from?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
if you say so, i won't be sticking around to find out how right you are, but i'll probably continue enjoying doubles :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Some of the matchups are debatable, but my point still stands: no single character is **** when MK is taken out of the picture. The top 5 or 6 are fairly well balanced and are all capable of winning large tournaments (along with the occasional Wario, Peach, Diddy, Kirby, etc. out of left field).

OS I have to know, what thread is your sig quote from?
a thread in the back room :)

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Well of course, Snake actually has bad match ups and on topic of snake how do you blow the grenades? Obviously you are supposed blow them near him so he can take damage but is there a certain rhythm to it? Sometimes i get overwhelm with nades.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
At least your opponent has no right for johns when he loses with MK.

So you don't have to listen to complaints like "It's no fair I just suicided with my Nadospam" or any other MK john.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've changed my mind. I love all the cutoff "ban MK" sigs. Anyone that doesn't know what they are will see a full one eventually then go "OH, that's what those were"

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Wow, no posts for almost an entire week?

Anyway, how do you guys generally punish GaW's dair? I'm finding the second set of hitboxes from that attack increasingly annoying. Is the best way to just sheild the entire attack and then grab? Or is there another way that doesn't involve waiting for those stupid hitboxes to end?

Edit: Random question...Why is this thread not stickied?

Sudai

Stuff here
This thread isn't stickied cause we have actual guides and more useful post that are? This post is useful, but it's not sticky worthy, IMO.

As for punishing the DAir, just shield through it. DSmash out of shield or grabbing works depending on their distance. If you powershield the first hit, you can spotdodge and avoid the second hit. I can't remember if that gave enough time to punish or not though. Fux wif it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This thread isn't stickied cause we have actual guides and more useful post that are? This post is useful, but it's not sticky worthy, IMO.
Yez.

Think of this as a thread that just has everyone subscribed to it already, so you'll see a bunch of people answering your question :)

Also, anyone see all I've done with the metaknight movement? :D

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
does the spotdodge after powersheild really avoid all the hit boxes? I think I always get hit by the last couple of hitboxes after a powershield->spotdodge. Ill mess around with it. Da mn turtle.

Sudai

Stuff here
does the spotdodge after powersheild really avoid all the hit boxes? I think I always get hit by the last couple of hitboxes after a powershield->spotdodge. Ill mess around with it. Da mn turtle.
I thought we were talking about the DAir? BAir just powershield the first hit and roll away or behind depending on their spacing.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
o wow your right. I didnt even realize i switched the move i was talking about lol.
but anyway, I played my GaW friend today, and as it turns out I accidentally powershield=>spot dodge the turtle, and it worked. Idk if it was the spacing or just luck tho. Anyway, for the dair, I found sheilding both hitboxes then grabbing worked most often. I also noticed that if GaW dairs while hes not directly above you, you can time a dash attack that catches him during the ending lag, right after the second hitboxes. It worked well near the edge as it played right into some fairs.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
got it, thanks again for the answer toasty

back to the subject
o wow your right. I didnt even realize i switched the move i was talking about lol.
but anyway, I played my GaW friend today, and as it turns out I accidentally powershield=>spot dodge the turtle, and it worked. Idk if it was the spacing or just luck tho. Anyway, for the dair, I found sheilding both hitboxes then grabbing worked most often. I also noticed that if GaW dairs while hes not directly above you, you can time a dash attack that catches him during the ending lag, right after the second hitboxes. It worked well near the edge as it played right into some fairs.
it is possible but the timing has to be such that the vulnerable part (the initial part) of the spot dodge is inbetween hits from the turtle, the frame rate data would help

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hmmm...I personally hate Yoshi's Island but the sloped floor fuxes with her quick-float game...but that doesn't limit a smart Peach player TOO much...maybe a big level where you can camp the crap out of her hahaha...she's not terribly fast when you're running away just throwing crap. But that's your preference. I don't prefer to use that style unless 100% necessary, but even then I'm usually not cool-headed enough to stick to it since I'm programmed like Nacker and JCaez for raperaperaperaperape

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
He was asking for a cp character, since Peach is one of ROB's tougher matchups. I personally will always stick to ROB for this one, as I already have a lot of practice against good Peaches. But I know G&W ***** her ****, and I think Marth does well, and there's always MK...

noodles

Smash Champion
much appreciated ill cp gaw. i would mk but thatd be gay. good to know anout stages too thx toasty

TeeVee

Smash Lord
noodles is worried about dark pch lol

im worried about ninjalink >_>

wish me luck at the tourny today!

TeeVee

Smash Lord
got 5th at the tourny, ninjalink sent me to losers and ****ing dark pch knocked me out >=|

at least me and dark pch won doubles...

Top Bottom