• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Ishoku

Smash Apprentice
lol kishin still amazed by that?

like what i said before:

its because its ROB.

all i did was react fast enough and the upB sorta just canceled it xD

ITS FRIGGEN ROB xD! He's been defying the laws of physics ever since that heavy hunk of metal moved like a floaty. lol

and yes, im FEAR ;]

Mr.E

Smash Lord
You can still meteor cancel in Brawl to some extent, it's just not instant like it was in Melee. It's just that quickly cancelling spikes is a joke for ROB because he can just mash Up-B to fire his jets (and stop his downward momentum) as soon as possible. Meteor cancelling with a Jump input requires precise timing, making it difficult to perform, and most other characters would die if they just did Up-B straight out of a spike because they aren't long enough to reach the ledge from the bottom of the stage boundary.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
In conclusions, ROB's able to survive meteors from most people at insanely high percents. I'm really only scared of Ness's and Ganon's Spikes.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Ness's dair < ROB's Uair, by quite a bit. This should never happen
You won't always be in perfect conditions to avoid it, and you won't always be able to read your opponent. It happens, and it just so happens that Ganon's and Ness's happen to be the best, and they scare me when I'm actually hit by them.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
You won't always be in perfect conditions to avoid it, and you won't always be able to read your opponent. It happens, and it just so happens that Ganon's and Ness's happen to be the best, and they scare me when I'm actually hit by them.
I guess, I have personally just never encountered a situation where Ness was in a position to spike me without me being able to cstick up.
Anywho, I'll concede on that point, Ganon/Ness/Ike spikes are scary strong.

Does Fair clank with MK's glide attack? I think I've done it before but I got ***** too fast to keep testing it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
This is not only for Rob, but what is over-b? I first thought it was the up B, but what is the difference?

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
People say crazy things when they're in love :)

lol nah, I guess it's just another way of saying it, like "Snakedashing" and "Boost Smashing" and "DACUS" even though they're all just the same thing

-LzR-

Smash Hero
People say crazy things when they're in love :)

lol nah, I guess it's just another way of saying it, like "Snakedashing" and "Boost Smashing" and "DACUS" even though they're all just the same thing
Yeah, but if it is side b, where does the over come from?

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Tilting it over on its side. If you shifted something over or flipped something over, you would turn it to the side. Most people just say side B though

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, but if it is side b, where does the over come from?
I think there might be a little bit of a language barrier here (I see you're from Finland).

"Side" and "over" mean pretty much the same thing in this context, and they can be used interchangeably here.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I've has that thread open in another tab since creation, refreshing every 5 minutes so I could laugh at those who want to keep him un banned :laugh:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yo don't ban MK! I can't think of a better way to get people to switch to Brawl+ than to leave MK in Brawl.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yo don't ban MK! I can't think of a better way to get people to switch to Brawl+ than to leave MK in Brawl.
This

JCz Im starting to worry about you...

~_~

We get it...B+ > vBrawl IYO. Do you really have to tell us in every post :(
This. I love B+ so much more, but I don't think we should continually crusade those that already know this. >.>

Also, JCZ.. Give me a link to that Teen Age Mutant Ninja Squirtle texture. :X

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I agree with jjvirus. Please stop "advertising" Brawl+ in practically every single post. Put it in your signature if you really like it that much, but stop spamming with Brawl+.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Heh sorry about that. There's someone in my region who does the same thing for Melee, and manages to make every post something about how Melee is better than Brawl, so I was kinda mocking him by doing the same thing with Brawl+. I didn't mean for it to bleed over to the ROB boards though, my bad.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So yeah, I'm at a loss as to how I should handle Marth's Fair. I'm hoping I'm just stupid and there's a really obvious solution, but that matchup's been driving me crazy. Stupid OoS UpB :mad:

noodles

Smash Champion
try ftilts angled upwards after the first fair. assuming the marth does it twice. i just make distance and laser.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, I'm at a loss as to how I should handle Marth's Fair. I'm hoping I'm just stupid and there's a really obvious solution, but that matchup's been driving me crazy. Stupid OoS UpB :mad:
Yeah, I'm fairly sure ftilt alone without needing to powershield will outrange and beat Marth's fair.

buenob

Smash Lord
marths who spam fair against you are spacing themselves into the same spot over and over... super predictable... there are so many options (walk away laser?) since you know exactly what they're going to be doing

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh laser is slow and punishable. Ftilt or fair OoS works great though. Be sure to do it after the first fair after they jump, that's where they have the most lag.

LordByronXIII

Smash Rookie
OK so i found something, and i want to know if it is feasible to use or not. while someone is hanging on the ledge, run off the edge and side-B back into the ledge leading to a stage spike. i am somewhat new to the forums but i was hoping that someone might give me some insight into this, like if there is an obvious counter to this that i didnt see or a method to improve the attack.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
Overswarm posted this like a few months after Brawl came out . good luck using it tho. its too slow tho :/. try using it as a way to boost your vertical recovery (ie: see manko's ROB videos) that works better when especially when you're trying to save gas

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
A bair off the edge would be a much better idea and if you're thinking of a mindgame, use a nair instead, it hits later because it starts in front.

P.S. : I posted this with only a keyboard and no mouse. I'm so pro.

Top Bottom